The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We lost one of our female finches overnight. We had 6 at one time. The originals were Eenie, Meanie, Miney and Moe. Eenie and meanie hatched Dottie and her sister, and Dottie's sister passed away in early April at just about 4 months old. Today we lost Miney. I buried her near "sister". Moe is our songbird. Probably a bit confused at the moment. It is raining here in Chicago at the moment. It suits our mood. Gloomy for sure.

Very sorry to hear that Miney passed away today. It's never easy losing a pet. :( Sympathies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was told it was part day swimming and part day arts, crafts, etc. Her first day (after all the rain!) they went on a nature hike. She fell in mud up to her knees, her forearms and splashed in her hair! And, the part that made me very upset was they didn't have partners but walked a single line with the counselor leading. She said no one saw her fall and they kept going.

She got herself up and had to run to catch the group. Then she really didn't get to clean up because they had a wet sponge fight and then did a form of the ice bucket challenge without the ice. AND she only took one pair of shoes! I'm thinking WHAT kind of camp is this! She is only going this week.

Sympathy like. Good grief, I don't blame you for being concerned. :facepalm: The part that really stood out to me was that no one saw her fall--and the child had to run to catch up to the group?! Good lord . . .:banghead:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was not happy. At 4-H camp we always had a partner and a counselor at the end of the group on any outing. I'm ready for her to come home.

I'm still struggling with this one.

Sitting here thinking about all the groups of school kids that I see (particularly toward the end of the school year in June, when the teachers take them on field trips).

Quite a few come down from Maine on the Amtrak Downeaster. (Amtrak comes into my station where I commute to/from work daily.) The groups range from maybe 25 kids up to 50, and they visit the "big city" to take in the culture, see historical sites, etc. I can tell you that even though the kids are all excited and distracted, their chaperones (teachers and some parents, I presume) are right there with them, watching to make sure no one gets lost, etc. Many have clipboards and take roll calls. There are ALWAYS chaperones at the front of these groups, and also in the rear.

The way I see it, whether it's a group of kids in the city, or a group of kids in the country at a camp, the basic rules of safety and child protection, should always be followed by the people in charge of these kids.

betty rose

Today's intermittent sun and clouds turned into very cloudy and drizzle to rain to drizzle all day:( My weather person was wrong as always lately:confused::banghead: I wanted to have my lawn mowed today, I'm still a bit cranky about the missing ice cream:mad:
I see less and less coconut milk ice cream in my stores. They have gone to cashew milk, this doesn't agree with me. Little or no almond milk. I could have that, but now it's pretty much nothing. What are the manufacture's thinking?

betty rose

Yayyy for kitties!! When we finally decide to get another cat, I may get two so they can keep each other company. :cat:
We got Wiggles (our girl doggie), when Freddy started spending too much time under the bed. He was so happy having her, he was his old self, and taught Wiggles a few tricks too. So fun to watch them play together. The only time Freddy didn't want to share, was at meal time. He didn't get enough food, he was way underweight from the animal shelter, and we fed him and put out a bowl of dry food, so he could have a snack. He never got overweight, he knew he had something in his bowl. Wiggles came along and we fed them at the same time , Wiggles in the kitchen with me, and Freddy in the family room with hubby. They finally both knew their bowls and they never shared. Each had their own bowl of dry food. Neither one wanted to invade the other's property. They seemed to work it out for themselves, with out our help after a few weeks, when we made sure they knew their territory. We never had to monitor after a few weeks. Animals are so much smarter than people.

MOXOMUMD

The like is for it being only one week. BTW are you finished with OT and PT yet?
Yes for my hand but I haven't said much on here. I don't want to be one of those people that put all their problems in this thread. The docs put me through all kinds of stuff over the past two months to see why my back has been hurting. Some days I can only sit and walking across a room kills me. Other days, not so bad. MRI recently showed 3 herniated disks in my lowest lumbar area so tomorrow I go to the hospital for my first of three spinal epidural/steroid shots. They have to sedate me so I won't move. At this point it's whatever works.

betty rose

Somewhere near the vicinity of Estes Park (in the Roosevelt National Forest), hubs and I hiked up the Arapaho Pass Trail up to the 4th of July Mine. This was quite a few years ago, but I remember breathtaking views of the Rockies and tons of wildflowers up and down the trail. (We stayed in a cabin in Estes Park for a few days.)

We had a different dog back then (a Shep/Lab/Border Collie mix), and she was strong. I recall that about 3/4's of the way up the trail, I was getting burnt out. (The altitude also made it more difficult for me.) So, I had her on a leash, and I hung on to that while she basically pulled me up the rest of the way! :hilarious:
My dog Freddy loved the mountains. Wiggles, hated to be outside, so she had to stay back with friends, after the first trip.

betty rose

Yes for my hand but I haven't said much on here. I don't want to be one of those people that put all their problems in this thread. The docs put me through all kinds of stuff over the past two months to see why my back has been hurting. Some days I can only sit and walking across a room kills me. Other days, not so bad. MRI recently showed 3 herniated disks in my lowest lumbar area so tomorrow I go to the hospital for my first of three spinal epidural/steroid shots. They have to sedate me so I won't move. At this point it's whatever works.
Oh, I went through that long ago. I had ruptured three discs, my L 45, my L34, and my L12. Those shots are amazing. I didn't get sedation, but a little topical ointment before. It hurt, but only briefly, the shots felt more hot than anything. After three days of laying down. I was able to walk, and get up again. I condsidered this a miracle. Before I couldn't stand up. I was in a wheel chair. Arthritis my set in later, I just take joint pills and that helps a lot. Along with my afternoon margarita!

betty rose

I apologize for putting our issues in P.M. I guess silence is golden.....

betty rose

I'm kinda like some of the clones. Pirates being just one. I also liked the uniqueness of Epcot and respected them not duplicating it in Cali and going for something unique. I wish they would have a cloned Tokyo of Pooh at the MK over what we got in Florida. It makes many of us want to hop to different states. Not all of us but many. I'm happy they didn't clone the resorts of Disneyland in the WDW and am happy for the waterparks here though they need a lot of love hitting the end of their life expediency. I believe it is a balance. I am so glad they have not so far cloned what they have done to the Tower in Cali vs the Studio's. That one would break my heart. I don't need the Tower branded with a clone IP that Cali has.
If they touch, tower....I will be out permanently. Twilight Zone was my favorite time with my dad. Sister did't like it and Mom didn't, it was our "special" time watching our favorite show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom