Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes the rumor states the plans are until star wars land opens in 2019. Most probably D23 Expo 2019 it will be announced...

"The rumor" doesn't "state" anything. People state things. Don't set up this entity "rumor" as a source. People are sources.

You are quoting from the YouTube channel DSNY. He is your source. And he's not really a source. He knows **nothing**. He is repeating what other people say. He has no personal inside connections to Disney. You can't even say if he's reliable, because there is nothing there to be reliable about. He's just a rumor aggregator posing as "news."

I know what he's doing because I'm a rumor aggregator, too. See this post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

The difference between me and him, besides the fact I'm not profiting from repeating other people's blogs, is that I only report the rumors from reliable sources. And even then, I'll pit one source's information against another's because things change. And they change often. And I point out when a rumor is really weak or if there are several insiders all saying the same thing.

So, again, Monstropolis has been a running idea for a long time. So when some other site says it's being considered, it's true and it's not true. It got passed over by Toy Story Land. This means Monstropolis is off the table and if it were ever to happen, it most likely won't be reconsidered until after 2020. And even then, it's not like it's is "up next". It is still a possibility, a very slim one. And who know what big IP will come long in the meantime to keep it out of consideration. I get this from the many insiders here in these forums. See the rumor aggregator.

There isn't a 'rumor' that Monstropolis is coming, there are people wrongly saying it's coming.

KrazyKat

Maybe there're waiting to add Monstropolis to the 5th gate?
IMG_5158.JPG

clemmo

So is there plans for anything else in DHS besides TSL SWL and GMR? I realize no monstropolis but I'm really hoping for something else in this park. Like retheming star tours and possibly making it in to a themed area on top of the current IJSS plot or making something out of the waste that is animation courtyard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So is there plans for anything else in DHS besides TSL SWL and GMR? I realize no monstropolis but I'm really hoping for something else in this park. Like retheming star tours and possibly making it in to a themed area on top of the current IJSS plot or making something out of the waste that is animation courtyard.

No reliable insider is saying that a new 'land' or 'area' is coming. They say some ideas have been floated blue-sky, like the perennial Monstropolis, but there are no plans in place to make any of them happen. At least, not yet. So, looking past the two new Lands, there's only piecemeal work currently under consideration... for now.

What's coming:

2017: Star Tours new scene, Ep. 8, Crait
2018: Toy Story Land (probably Memorial Day)
2019: Star Wars Land
2019: The Great Mickey Ride
2019: Star Tours new scene, Ep. 9
2020: Star Tours becomes increasingly likely to be rethemed, moved, or demolished​

What's rumored:

Maybe a new show in Mermaid
Maybe an enclosure of the BatB stage, or, it's demolishment for something new in the area
Maybe a new show in the BatB theater
Maybe a refreshed Indiana Jones theater/show
Maybe a refreshed Fantasmic!
Maybe a new show in a new-ish location
Maybe one new ride... somewhere
Likely a new name for the park
Maybe Launch Bay used for something else, and maybe demo'd for that something else.​

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No reliable insider is saying that a new 'land' or 'area' is coming. They say some ideas have been floated blue-sky, like the perennial Monstropolis, but there are no plans in place to make any of them happen. At least, not yet. So, looking past the two new Lands, there's only piecemeal work currently under consideration... for now.

What's coming is:

2017: Star Tours new scene, Ep. 8, Crait
2018: Toy Story Land (probably Memorial Day)
2019: Star Wars Land
2019: The Great Mickey Ride
2019: Star Tours new scene, Ep. 9
2020: Star Tours becomes increasing likely to be rethemed, moved, or demolished​

What's rumored:

Maybe a new show in Mermaid
Maybe an enclosure of the BatB stage, or, it's demolishment for something new in the area
Maybe a new show in the BatB theater
Maybe a refreshed Indiana Jones theater/show
Maybe a refreshed Fantsmic!
Maybe a new show in a new-ish location
Maybe one new ride... somewhere
Likely a new name for the park
Maybe Launch Bay used for something else, and maybe demo'd for that something else.​

Personally I think anything Disney hasn't announced should be considered rumor, no matter how solid the rumor is.

Goofyernmost

Mayo.

Don't forget the mayo.
Of course with Mayo... that's automatic. I noticed the other day that if you go out and order a Philly Cheese-steak sandwich they always ask if you want onions and peppers on that. I just look at them with a blank stare and remark, that without those two things it isn't a Philly Cheese-steak. I don't know what I'd call it, but, it wouldn't be what I asked for. Somethings do not require a question.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
At this time? No.

(Not to mention the logic of putting an IP aimed primarily at children on a ride system with a 48” height restriction)

Not to bring this back up, but I'm assuming the Door coaster that has been mentioned so many times around here would have had a more "child-friendly" height restriction? I don't think I ever really saw where anyone gave details about that project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not to bring this back up, but I'm assuming the Door coaster that has been mentioned so many times around here would have had a more "child-friendly" height restriction? I don't think I ever really saw where anyone gave details about that project.
It had no inversions and was more a Peter Pan style ride system on steroids. More BTM than Dragons Challange. And lots of slow show scenes. Seating was 2 across by 4 or 5 rows if I recall.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It had no inversions and was more a Peter Pan style ride system on steroids. More BTM than Dragons Challange. And lots of slow show scenes. Seating was 2 across by 4 or 5 rows if I recall.

Thanks for those details Martin! Helpful as always and greatly appreciated! It looks like we lost out on what could have been a pretty great ride on that one. Hopefully one day they'll revisit it and consider building it again.

YodaMan

Should I assume there were a lot of children's rooms that you go through? I always pictured the ride as being like 7DMT with a combo of coaster and then show scenes, and you'd be on a coaster as you go through the door factory and then slow down as you look for Randall while you go through various rooms from various children across the world. But I'm realizing know that I don't know if that was ever confirmed as being the plan, and instead the coaster might have leaned more heavily on coaster track in the factory as opposed to lots of slow show scenes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Should I assume there were a lot of children's rooms that you go through? I always pictured the ride as being like 7DMT with a combo of coaster and then show scenes, and you'd be on a coaster as you go through the door factory and then slow down as you look for Randall while you go through various rooms from various children across the world. But I'm realizing know that I don't know if that was ever confirmed as being the plan, and instead the coaster might have leaned more heavily on coaster track in the factory as opposed to lots of slow show scenes.
Details are hazy; it was a few years ago since I saw it. Elaborately themed queue through the factory as seen in the film including the rotunda. Load was in the existing soundstage building. The first show scenes, then the first lift (themed) that was right to left across and inside the front of the new ride building. More show, then the second lift along the south east wall of the new building. Then the themed coaster section. Unload was in the existing stage building. And into the requisite ride photo area and gift shop.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
"The rumor" doesn't "state" anything. People state things. Don't set up this entity "rumor" as a source. People are sources.

You are quoting from the YouTube channel DSNY. He is your source. And he's not really a source. He knows **nothing**. He is repeating what other people say. He has no personal inside connections to Disney. You can't even say if he's reliable, because there is nothing there to be reliable about. He's just a rumor aggregator posing as "news."

I know what he's doing because I'm a rumor aggregator, too. See this post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

The difference between me and him, besides the fact I'm not profiting from repeating other people's blogs, is that I only report the rumors from reliable sources. And even then, I'll pit one source's information against another's because things change. And they change often. And I point out when a rumor is really weak or if there are several insiders all saying the same thing.

So, again, Monstropolis has been a running idea for a long time. So when some other site says it's being considered, it's true and it's not true. It got passed over by Toy Story Land. This means Monstropolis is off the table and if it were ever to happen, it most likely won't be reconsidered until after 2020. And even then, it's not like it's is "up next". It is still a possibility, a very slim one. And who know what big IP will come long in the meantime to keep it out of consideration. I get this from the many insiders here in these forums. See the rumor aggregator.

There isn't a 'rumor' that Monstropolis is coming, there are people wrongly saying it's coming.
To this point, Jim Hill is the only "source" on this, I've got it as "Blue Sky" on my site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom