Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Lilincoln

I always thought this ride is just what the Dr. ordered for DHS. An old school Disney dark ride with plenty of animatronics that walked you through a popular movie. From my amateur view, it didn't look i would be a huge investment to replicate and would give the park a traditional middle of the road ride for the whole family.

Movielover

I could see "Planes" working as an IP overlay on RNRC

I... I just...

giphy.gif

Daveeeeed

There is not a need to change the Rock n' Rollercoaster. It is routinely the ride with the most waits at the park and many times at the entire resort. There is in fact a high demand for high thrill themed coasters in WDW.

People still LOVE IT! RRC could use an update to bring it to the 21st century, but Aerosmith has some of the best Rock music of any band, and the ride's theme is perfect.

No need for a retheme. There's not even a huge need for a Door Coaster with the addition of Slinky Dog Dash yet. What the park needs is a boat ride that either gets you wet (Splash or Kali), or just a boat ride (POTC or IASW). A Monsters Inc. land with Tokyo's dark ride would be great, and as a new addition in a decade a Door Coaster would then be a good choice.

In the meantime, a Muppets Roger Rabbit style C-ticket would be on point.

toolsnspools

It's a guess on my part, but I think the blue walls have to be for a second egress from TSL when it opens. For safety reasons, they can't only have one entrance/exit from the land, and the SWL will be closed for another couple ??s... So they are doing some minimal sprucing up of this alley, in case they need to shuffle folks through in an emergency. -

DHS Egress.PNG

Movielover

It's a guess on my part, but I think the blue walls have to be for a second egress from TSL when it opens. For safety reasons, they can't only have one entrance/exit from the land, and the SWL will be closed for another couple ??s... So they are doing some minimal sprucing up of this alley, in case they need to shuffle folks through in an emergency. -

View attachment 214949

But why would the route people all the way up to RNRC when they would just funnel people along W Showbiz Blvd to get people out?

toolsnspools

But why would the route people all the way up to RNRC when they would just funnel people along W Showbiz Blvd to get people out?
I was thinking the same, and I'm not sure. It may have to do with keeping the route clear, and the loop in front of that backstage building occasionally will have vehicles blocking it.

toolsnspools

No offensive but I really just think you and others are reading too much into this repainting.
Won't argue with you there. The egress question crossed my mind before, and this would provide a solution... South will be a construction mess, West is World Drive, and East is buildings and the one entrance on the map. The only option left is a path North, so this makes sense.

Goofyque'

There's already a better Monsters Inc ride at Tokyo right now compared to the one at DCA.

We did have a blast on the Tokyo version, but thought the DCA one was fun too, maybe even more detail. Could be very excited about a coaster, but not getting my hopes up.

britain

On Dis after Dark, Jim said that Monsters Inc is unlikely for this area now, since a lot of it depended on “John Lassetter likes it” which doesn’t have the sway it used to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom