Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

WDWbuff2001

The entire coaster building is in the process of being painted blue. Can't wait for this rumor to blow up even more. But it's just because it will be a part of sight line with toy story land and maybe stuff with Epcot.

The coaster building is so far from Toy Story Land though which makes me believe its something else

WDWbuff2001

img_0890-jpg.212983
credit to @RAXIP

PanInFlight

exactly what i was thinking. There painting the lower parts for guests to see whatever there doing to it. it no longer looks like a soundstage.

For those using express transportation and for events in the sunset showcase the lower part they can see. But I don't think anything else is coming around that area for the near future. Just my opinion but will be interested to see the entire soundstage with the final coat of paint later.

WDWbuff2001

For those using express transportation and for events in the sunset showcase the lower part they can see. But I don't think anything else is coming around that area for the near future. Just my opinion but will be interested to see the entire soundstage with the final coat of paint later.

I think it was rumored to retheme to a door coaster. It was originally supposed to be an inverted coaster anyway

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Super excited for the door coaster

There isn't going to be a door coaster, at least, not one considered for the next five years. Plans for Monstropolis are on indefinite hold.

The rumor that a completely incompatible coaster, such as RnRC which rides on rails, is going to be rethemed into a 'door coaster' which hangs from a single rail is.... bad.

WDWbuff2001

There isn't going to be a door coaster, at least, not one considered for the next five years. Plans for Monstropolis are on indefinite hold.

The rumor that a completely incompatible coaster, such as RnRC which rides on rails, is going to be rethemed into a 'door coaster' which hangs from a single rail is.... bad.

Yes the rumor states the plans are until star wars land opens in 2019. Most probably D23 Expo 2019 it will be announced...

trainplane3

Whats being painted blue on the rocking roller coaster building would be viewed inside monstropolis. The former starring rolls cafe would become monstropolis too
If you're watching that DSNY Youtube channel and think everything he's saying is 100% true, just stop. He literally goes off of any tiny rumor and says "GUYS THIS IS COMING NEXT". As Martin said, it's not happening.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Nah. Converting RnRC into the Monster's Inc Door Coaster would be near impossible for a number of reasons. Not 100% impossible but certainly improbable. There are cheaper and easier solutions. RnRC could be themed to match the required Monsters Inc aesthetic but that's just one of the challenges Imagineering would have to overcome in converting it. The logistics just don't make sense. How do you convert an intense corkscrew coaster into a family coaster? It would be a family coaster, it'd have to be. It's Monsters Inc! Height requirements are a b!itch. Sorry, I just don't see it happening!

Remove and Replace? RnRC's building would be a prime location for a proposed Monsters Inc Coaster. Instead of converting it they could just remove it. Remove RnRC and replace with something like Vekoma's Suspended Family Coaster.

If disassembled and removed from the show building it can always be reassembled and moved elsewhere - like in Adventureland? The likelihood of RnRC being converted is slim. But removed/moved, that's doable. It still aint happening though. sry.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom