Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Dan Deesnee

I don't care one way or suffer about the horrifically outdated Aerosmith ride but honestly how many people are out there dying to a Monsters themed park? University was a flop by pixars standards. Just such a waste with so many other good and much better and more popular things they could do.

Pedro Soto

I don't care one way or suffer about the horrifically outdated Aerosmith ride but honestly how many people are out there dying to a Monsters themed park? University was a flop by pixars standards. Just such a waste with so many other good and much better and more popular things they could do.
How was Monsters University a flop????
$268,492,764 domestic
$744,229,437 worldwide
6th on Pixar highest list!!!! i dont see any flop at all

Dan Deesnee

How was Monsters University a flop????
$268,492,764 domestic
$744,229,437 worldwide
6th on Pixar highest list!!!! i dont see any flop at all

False. It is number 12 out of 18 when adjusted for inflation which is the only way to get an accurate measure. Additionally it made a large amount overseas where China has become a huge market for Hollywood that simply wasn't as big of a factor years and years ago when Toy Story, and many of Pixars older movies came out.

Regardless, I still believe that there are far fewer people who would be excited about Monstropolis over many other Intellectual Properties they could use. Just my opinion.

Pedro Soto

False. It is number 12 out of 18 when adjusted for inflation which is the only way to get an accurate measure. Additionally it made a large amount overseas where China has become a huge market for Hollywood that simply wasn't as big of a factor years and years ago when Toy Story, and many of Pixars older movies came out.

Regardless, I still believe that there are far fewer people who would be excited about Monstropolis over many other Intellectual Properties they could use. Just my opinion.

False?? its 6th highest on Pixar List Domestic so thats not false but your right adjusted for inflation its 12th, now Monsters Inc.
$289,916,256 Domestic
$577,425,734 worldwide
$398,578,900 with adjusted inflation

all & all these are good numbers which i dont think are FLOP numbers ;) but I think Monsters would be a good IP for DHS side by side with Toy story Land well thats just my opinion :)

Next Big Thing

Since we're just wishing upon a star in this thread, i'll throw in this "Animation Alley" land that I threw together this morning when I couldn't sleep. Let's keep in mind this is what I would do if money was no object. TSL would be a part of my Animation Alley as well... Drop the toy Story Land name.

1. Bulldoze the animation building and the adjacent parking garage (yes, the one they are currently hiding). Move all operations run out of the animation building and all offices to elsewhere on property.

2. As a segue from Toy Story Land, you would enter a Monstropolis themed area through a hole in the fence where you would find the Monster's Inc. Door Coaster and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Both would take up a rather small amount of space. Perhaps there would be a B-ticket type ride as well. Moving Laugh Floor would free up space in Tomorrowland as well. Harryhausen's would be a table service restaurant in Monstropolis (Japanese Restaurant).

3. From Monstropolis, you would walk behind where The Little Mermaid show currently sits to give you an idea of where we are. The Little Mermaid show would be updated to the DCL version of Tangled: The Musical. Then opposite of the theater would be a Tangled boat ride, filling a park need... a ride for all ages and the lack of a boat ride in the park. The Snuggly Duckling would be the quick service in this area.

4. By this point we are starting to run out of room as you have to take backstage space into account. So last in this area would be an Up-based Paradise Falls Rafting Adventure Ride, filling another park need, as DHS doesn't have a pure water ride either. This ride would be far longer than Kali and would be extremely well themed.

Since this would be built completely on backstage land, it's a true expansion and a gain of 4 rides (all exclusive), 2 new shows (1 replacement) and a attraction moved from another park. Also 2 new restaurants, 1 QSR and 1 TSR.

I don't have a visual, but if you know the area i'm sure you can imagine it.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
3. From Monstropolis, you would walk behind where The Little Mermaid show currently sits to give you an idea of where we are. The Little Mermaid show would be updated to the DCL version of Tangled: The Musical. Then opposite of the theater would be a Tangled boat ride, filling a park need... a ride for all ages and the lack of a boat ride in the park. The Snuggly Duckling would be the quick service in this area.
I'm sorry but Tangled is going into Fantasyland when they move "it's a small world" to Epcot.

jt04

What would be the point of that, exactly? That would be incredibly repetitive and take away from how much AmAd and HoP shine on their own.

If they were looking for space for a Tangled dark ride than removing/relocating ppf and hop would allow for that. And a HM restaurant too.

Rutt

Since we're just wishing upon a star in this thread, i'll throw in this "Animation Alley" land that I threw together this morning when I couldn't sleep. Let's keep in mind this is what I would do if money was no object. TSL would be a part of my Animation Alley as well... Drop the toy Story Land name.

1. Bulldoze the animation building and the adjacent parking garage (yes, the one they are currently hiding). Move all operations run out of the animation building and all offices to elsewhere on property.

2. As a segue from Toy Story Land, you would enter a Monstropolis themed area through a hole in the fence where you would find the Monster's Inc. Door Coaster and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Both would take up a rather small amount of space. Perhaps there would be a B-ticket type ride as well. Moving Laugh Floor would free up space in Tomorrowland as well. Harryhausen's would be a table service restaurant in Monstropolis (Japanese Restaurant).

4. By this point we are starting to run out of room as you have to take backstage space into account. So last in this area would be an Up-based Paradise Falls Rafting Adventure Ride, filling another park need, as DHS doesn't have a pure water ride either. This ride would be far longer than Kali and would be extremely well themed.

Since this would be built completely on backstage land, it's a true expansion and a gain of 4 rides (all exclusive), 2 new shows (1 replacement) and a attraction moved from another park. Also 2 new restaurants, 1 QSR and 1 TSR.

I don't have a visual, but if you know the area i'm sure you can imagine it.
Even if they didnt want to do the Door Coaster, clone the ride from Tokyo or even Cali, another family dark ride that would increase capacity and options for little ones and I would assume be more affordable. And I would absolutely love the Harryhausen's idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom