Possible Frontierland expansion

Spike-in-Berlin

Acronym alert, what's the BatB dark ride? I didn't read the entire thread.
The pressure to find a place for the BatB dark ride clone in WDW comes from the desire of some to keep it and other movie-based-IPs out of Epcot. Otherwise, I don't think expanding FL any further would be on people's radar.

But now that it's been decided that a Rat clone and not a BatB clone will be coming to the France pavilion, this should end FL fantasies. :)

ToTBellHop

Oddly though, the coaster usually has longer wait times than new e tickets from the local competition.
It's still the newest ride in the most-popular park in the world and was built under-capacity with too-small trains (both in number of seats and frequency with which two Americans can actually fit in a seat) and unreasonable expectations for dispatch times.

Mermaid had 60-minute waits when it was the newest ride in the park. I remember when Mission: Space had 90-minute waits.

Spike-in-Berlin

While I do not doubt that saving cash is a factor, it is my understanding that guests in WDW actually complain about the overlays. To make matters worse, they don't appear to result in increased turnstyle spins like they do at the other parks.

And I definitely understand why! When I realized that I would see a "Nightmare before Christmas"-HM and a "Jingle Cruise" (absolute ridiculous idea BTW) if I go to DL before christmas, I decided to avoid that time of the year at all costs if I finally visit DL one day. And I can't even remotely describe my disappointment when I am in DL and instead of Hyperspace Mountain I get "Ghost Galaxy"-Stuff. So visiting DL during Halloween season is impossible as well.

Last edited:

Goob

I have to add one thing however. Although FL IMHO doesn't need an expansion, I want a plussing of BTMR, the explosion effects in the DLR version in the mine during the last climb are amazing! (saw it on the TimTracker channel on Youtube) I want that in WDW too!
I agree!! We NEED these effects in WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oddly though, the coaster usually has longer wait times than new e tickets from the local competition.

It's still the newest ride in the most-popular park in the world and was built under-capacity with too-small trains (both in number of seats and frequency with which two Americans can actually fit in a seat) and unreasonable expectations for dispatch times.

Mermaid had 60-minute waits when it was the newest ride in the park. I remember when Mission: Space had 90-minute waits.
Ignorance vs understanding.

Goob

So why was it canceled? I'm sure it's an amusing reason.

Also, is the water feature in the cave at the beginning not working or has there never been one? At WDW that is. It seems it has worked in years past.

britain

So why was it canceled? I'm sure it's an amusing reason.

Also, is the water feature in the cave at the beginning not working or has there never been one? At WDW that is. It seems it has worked in years past.

Well, sounds like it was cancelled simply because they could do it later and tout it as something new for the 50th.

davis_unoxx

Lol when I rode Mission Space in April during Spring Break, I had whole capsule to myself. Here is quick video showing that!
https://goo.gl/photos/ZHRGvMSsawwD1qyeA

DisneyparkFreak

So trying to get back on topic around Frontierland... Do we know anything further? I was under the impression that 300million was allocated to MK? Is that still the story?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom