News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

doctornick

Hell, there's a perfect spot in Studios that somehow doesn't cross Chapek's mind.
C8RA-tWVwAEJp4I.jpg
Guardians would be perfect replacing Star Tours once SWL opens.

I'd be fine with either RNR or ST being replaced with GotG, as long as the area around said attraction is developed as a Marvel area (or some other appropriate theme) with additional rides.

Or why not just take the coaster plan for Epcot and just build it as a new attraction in DHS?

Mike S

If they must put it anywhere put it where Stitches' Great Escape is, Spare Energy and Tower.
Or one of the actual expansion pads in Tomorrowland.

Just a thought.
They needed the capacity years ago.
Yup. In order to be ahead of all those wasted years what's actually needed is about two, three, maybe four times what we're getting.
The difference is that WDW's tower is an iconic attraction. DCA's ... not so much. It was the single attraction that was shared between the two locations that was superior in WDW.
Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Little Mermaid, etc.

Just a few examples. Yes I know I'm grasping with those last two but it's still true ;)
I have no idea what they'll name it but removing both "Hollywood" and "Studios" would be a huge mistake in my opinion. There will still be too much remaining of the old park to completely rebrand it. My choice would be "Hollywood Adventure", not that I love it, but at least it lets the park move past being a working studio while still retaining some of its original identity.
I don't really see the need for a change. Universal Studios is moving in pretty much the same direction but they're not dropping "Studios."
Bob Chapek explicitly said that DHS's Tower would not be getting the Guardians retheme. I can't find the exact quote, but he said it at the Destination D event in Orlando last November.

Awesome new picture of Chappie. Such a cool dude wouldn't break his promise, right??

View attachment 200345
He looks like a wiseguy. The type that stabs people in the back because they looked at him funny.

djlaosc

U.K. Is still fluid but is currently looking more like something that would take until 2021 before opening.

I'm not sure of the exact lettering that was used before, but does this mean that they are going back to the C-ticket/D-ticket that someone (you?) talked about before it looked like it was downgraded to a B-ticket? Or does it just mean that Disney are going to build slower/start later?

FigmentJedi

There are better options that don't involve ruining a really fun coaster.
There isn't really much to Rock n' Rollercoaster other then zipping around to 80s rock at high speeds with a wacky cartoon version of the LA freeway going by. All Guardians would do is expand the variety of the playlist and change the sights.

The giant blacklight donut painted on plywood isn't as valuable as an animatronic of an old-timey Epcot Dinosaur or the collection of antiques in the Tower to me.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
There isn't really much to Rock n' Rollercoaster other then zipping around to 80s rock at high speeds with a wacky cartoon version of the LA freeway going by. All Guardians would do is expand the variety of the playlist and change the sights.

The giant blacklight donut painted on plywood isn't as valuable as an animatronic of an old-timey Epcot Dinosaur or the collection of antiques in the Tower to me.

I know what it is. RNRC is not much more than a fancy coaster with some backlighted props but it's still an awesome ride and it deserves better treatment than a cheap overlay. Disney, Marvel and GOTG fans deserve better than that. Look elsewhere to shove Marvel.

*Q*

I know what it is. RNRC is not much more than a fancy coaster with some backlighted props but it's still an awesome ride and it deserves better treatment than a cheap overlay. Disney, Marvel and GOTG fans deserve better than that. Look elsewhere to shove Marvel.
I see a lot of potential with an expensive overlay. The only thing that makes me nervous is it being right next to Tower.

HMF

None of those are better in Florida...
Splash Mountain is about equal. Mansion was better in Florida from 1971 until 2005 and again from 2007 until 2011 and could be again, Jungle Cruise is about equal, Tough to be a bug fits better at Animal Kingdom, Little Mermaid is virtually identical except for the façade and queue which is probably better in Florida.

Kman101

Splash Mountain is a little better but they're pretty much the same. Mansion can be argued either way. Jungle Cruise can be argued either way. I personally think the Florida versions are better but some think pirannahs and gorillas throwing things make a better ride. I do like Mansion's exterior in DL but I also love Florida's ... Mermaid has a much better queue and exterior. The ride is exactly the same inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom