News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Biff215

I would say they most certainly are.
I have no idea what they'll name it but removing both "Hollywood" and "Studios" would be a huge mistake in my opinion. There will still be too much remaining of the old park to completely rebrand it. My choice would be "Hollywood Adventure", not that I love it, but at least it lets the park move past being a working studio while still retaining some of its original identity.

Kamikaze

I have no idea what they'll name it but removing both "Hollywood" and "Studios" would be a huge mistake in my opinion. There will still be too much remaining of the old park to completely rebrand it. My choice would be "Hollywood Adventure", not that I love it, but at least it lets the park move past being a working studio while still retaining some of its original identity.

Thats my guess as well, Disney Hollywood Adventure. Matches with the DCA counterpart, and since it is no longer purporting to be a working studio, it fits better. I edited my other post to clear up that I meant a rename and not dropping 'Hollywood'.

No Name

I'd imagine that it's only a matter of time until ToT gets the same Guardians treatment as California.

Bob Chapek explicitly said that DHS's Tower would not be getting the Guardians retheme. I can't find the exact quote, but he said it at the Destination D event in Orlando last November.

Awesome new picture of Chappie. Such a cool dude wouldn't break his promise, right??

image.jpeg

Biff215

Bob Chapek explicitly said that DHS's Tower would not be getting the Guardians retheme. I can't find the exact quote, but he said it at the Destination D event in Orlando last November.

Awesome new picture of Chappie. Such a cool dude wouldn't break his promise, right??

View attachment 200345
Unfortunately I don't trust him or anyone else these days between GMR, Tiki Room, and other rumors.

As others have said, a lot depends on the reception at DCA. I'd prefer WDW lays off shoving Marvel anywhere until they have more to use (if ever), but if anything I'd use RnRC for GotG if they absolutely insist on replacing something. It's already separate enough from Sunset and could easily be transformed into a land down the road. Plus it would spare ToT and Epcot from being destroyed (even though UoE still needs a serious overhaul).

PizzaPlanet

View attachment 200345
Right before this photo was taken someone asked what classic attraction he wants to destroy. Guess what he pointed to?

Casper Gutman

Unfortunately I don't trust him or anyone else these days between GMR, Tiki Room, and other rumors.

As others have said, a lot depends on the reception at DCA. I'd prefer WDW lays off shoving Marvel anywhere until they have more to use (if ever), but if anything I'd use RnRC for GotG if they absolutely insist on replacing something. It's already separate enough from Sunset and could easily be transformed into a land down the road. Plus it would spare ToT and Epcot from being destroyed (even though UoE still needs a serious overhaul).

I actually think EPCOT is the best place for GotG. Future World is horribly broken and its unlikely any modern management team will return to the original version of EPCOT. Classic EPCOT is a lost cause - GotG might at least get some new attractions opened there.

Disney needs to be careful, though - even powerhouse franchises have to be carefully handled. The GotG overlay is SO bad it might actually damage that franchise, albeit slightly. I love GotG and I really love ToT, and DCA has managed to make me less fond of both. That's impressive.

Casper Gutman

View attachment 200345

Is it just me, or does that picture look EXACTLY like Bill Clinton with his head shaved? I mean, down to the pose and everything...

wdwfan4ver

After the 50th I'm hoping major work on Epcot will be done and the next park up again will be DHS then DAK.
I'm afraid not after Epcot. I have a bad feeling they are doing to MK after Epcot. I know there is rumors about Disney doing stuff to MK for the 50th, but I have a hunch they got more plans. I don't know if TSI being gone would happen before the 50th considering the plans for Tomorrowland with the Speedway. The other thing is we don't know when SGE is going to be replaced instead of being seasonal.

WDW1974 mentioned in his Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies thread that " Within a decade, the MK is very likely to be near unrecognizable to someone who visited in 1977 or 1987 and hasn't been back since". That statement tell me not everything Bubank/TDO has plans for is going to be done before 2021 and I don't want to if they got plans besides getting a ride TSI, Speedway, and Tiki Room.

HMF

I actually think EPCOT is the best place for GotG. Future World is horribly broken and its unlikely any modern management team will return to the original version of EPCOT. Classic EPCOT is a lost cause - GotG might at least get some new attractions opened there.
I don't think EPCOT is a completely lost cause yet pending whatever get's announced at D23. As for GOTG, There is prime real estate in Tomorrowland that could host it.

Casper Gutman

Hell, there's a perfect spot in Studios that somehow doesn't cross Chapek's mind.
C8RA-tWVwAEJp4I.jpg

The way Disney thinks, I don't want GotG that close to ToT. It will spread. There is nothing to lose on that side of Epcot, and we might get an attraction in the husk of Life.

Whatever is announced for Epcot, I severely doubt it will be a return to anything like the park's original vision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom