The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Every Christmas my mom makes bread and butter pickles and pickled beets for everyone's gift. I told her she should invest in mason jars.
I love bread and butter pickles. I make refrigerator pickles in the summer. :hungry: We had a bumper cucumber crop 2 summers ago and the fridge was never devoid of pickles. Last year our garden did not do well, so not as many.:( Here's hoping for a good year this year.:cool:

Goofyernmost

My doctor visit went well. I usually get my cholesterol test results back in about a week. My blood pressure was good. Better than my visit about a month ago, when I had a very sore leg from shoveling the late snow that we had here in Chicago. Doctor said, that since I was in pain, it wasn't unusual that my blood pressure was elevated. Sometime I have to pinch myself to believe that I am going on 70 soon. I didn't mind being 50, 60 didn't make me too happy, but 70 has me uneasy. I did have a Shingles shot today, and a pneumonia shot is scheduled for a month from now.
Scaring the heck out of 70 myself.. one more year! I don't know how I feel about it, haven't really thought about my age much... my brain recognition of age still isn't working. I can stand there and chat with people in their 20's and according to my brain we are all the same age. The only time that ever bothered me, even a little, was one time when I was at work and there were a group of us that used to congregate at break time and just talk. About 6 months in I found out that one of the guys, whom I always just assumed to be close to my age, looked at me and said... "you know, I have been trying to figure out where I knew you from and it finally dawned on me that I was in grammar school with your daughter Amy. That, my friend, took a great deal of wind out of my sails.

Goofyernmost

I was told by my Dr. to take that medicine. I refuse too, it's too risky, besides at 69 what's ever is going to get me, will get me. Our days are numbered.:D
I guess it's a personal theory, but, why doesn't that apply to walking down the middle of a busy highway. Like taking medicine, wouldn't not walking down the middle of the highway also equal adding days to that number? Isn't there a saying... god helps those that help themselves?

I will totally agree that nothing we do will make us live forever, but, I do think that making the effort is worthwhile.

Songbird76

Hi again. Still stuck in the US. DH and the kids went back a week and a half ago, then promptly all caught the stomach flu. Then it was Easter break so they went back to work/school today. I have no idea when I'll be able to go home. We hit a couple of snafus that slowed everything down. I got sunburned on Thursday when the death certificates FINALLY came in after more than 2 weeks and my brother was already back home so I had no transportation and I walked 5.5 miles to pick them up and drop them off everywhere they needed to be. But I've gotten everything done that I can do until the lawyer lets us know if we have to go through probate, so I'm hanging at my brother's house for now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi again. Still stuck in the US. DH and the kids went back a week and a half ago, then promptly all caught the stomach flu. Then it was Easter break so they went back to work/school today. I have no idea when I'll be able to go home. We hit a couple of snafus that slowed everything down. I got sunburned on Thursday when the death certificates FINALLY came in after more than 2 weeks and my brother was already back home so I had no transportation and I walked 5.5 miles to pick them up and drop them off everywhere they needed to be. But I've gotten everything done that I can do until the lawyer lets us know if we have to go through probate, so I'm hanging at my brother's house for now.
Sympathy like. I was hoping everything was settled and you would have been home for Easter. Do you at least have a bike you can use? License? Can you use your brother's address? You may be able to mail yourself something and get a notarized letter from him depending on the state for proof of residence. Good luck and I hope everything gets sorted soon.

MouseDreaming

Out for me today. I'm getting my stuff packed. Then I start on hubby's. His clothes are bigger and takes up more room in the suitcases. Update on daughter, we are working on cleaning the apartment this week and unpacking the kitchen. Setting boxes in each room. She is on the third floor, no elevator...that will be a challenge. :in pain: I have a back brace for moving heavy things, so I should be good.
Make sure you don't overdo it. You won't be as helpful if you are injured!

MouseDreaming

I forgot to mention not only is my house going to start being put back in order all solid surfaces are getting washed with vinegar ant season is coming quickly
Ant season has already been here. And this year, those little suckers seemed to love the vinegar! I have been using this stuff
ecosmart-ant-killer.jpg

I have been spraying it around the foundation outside mostly. It keeps washing away when it rains, so I have to reapply often. And it is ok to use on the counters. Mostly peppermint and rosemary extracts, so I don't have to worry about Jasmine with it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ant season has already been here. And this year, those little suckers seemed to love the vinegar! I have been using this stuff
ecosmart-ant-killer.jpg

I have been spraying it around the foundation outside mostly. It keeps washing away when it rains, so I have to reapply often. And it is ok to use on the counters. Mostly peppermint and rosemary extracts, so I don't have to worry about Jasmine with it.
I'm wondering if the ants don't like me as much as they used to because I now have several patches of mint around my house. Strictly for medicinal reasons(mojitos):oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom