The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The good dinosaur is kinda mediocre imho. Inside is good,specially good if you're a parent so I heard.
Me parent <••••••••hated, actually hated Inside out. So freak'n depressing and a few moments of JOY like Wonderful Life doesn't sway me. I'm more a Toy Story, Monster Inc kinda movie going Gal.

Now I adore most Winnie the Pooh shorts and movies. The last film (2011-ish?) I came out kick'n wanting that hour of my life back. It moved so slow, so predictable.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hope everyone had a great Easter. We went to see a show in Hershey Saturday with family. It was kind of vaudevillish. The show is based in Vegas and he was traveling around the country. He had loads of trained animals from birds to cats. The kids loved it. The adults too. DH also spent part of the weekend building a catio for our cats. Only 2 are fond of it right now.
View attachment 199943
And how cute is that! Your cats are beautiful. DH did a great job!

MySmallWorldof4

Hi again. Still stuck in the US. DH and the kids went back a week and a half ago, then promptly all caught the stomach flu. Then it was Easter break so they went back to work/school today. I have no idea when I'll be able to go home. We hit a couple of snafus that slowed everything down. I got sunburned on Thursday when the death certificates FINALLY came in after more than 2 weeks and my brother was already back home so I had no transportation and I walked 5.5 miles to pick them up and drop them off everywhere they needed to be. But I've gotten everything done that I can do until the lawyer lets us know if we have to go through probate, so I'm hanging at my brother's house for now.
Oh my. So sorry. I hope things are resolved soon so that you can get home to your kids.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got sunburned on Thursday when the death certificates FINALLY came in after more than 2 weeks and my brother was already back home so I had no transportation and I walked 5.5 miles to pick them up and drop them off everywhere they needed to be.

This is sad. I'm sorry to hear you had to walk so far. :( Are there no taxi companies out in that area? I've heard that in some rural areas, they don't have many taxis.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I guess it's a personal theory, but, why doesn't that apply to walking down the middle of a busy highway. Like taking medicine, wouldn't not walking down the middle of the highway also equal adding days to that number? Isn't there a saying... god helps those that help themselves?

I will totally agree that nothing we do will make us live forever, but, I do think that making the effort is worthwhile.

Regarding your comment above to @betty rose , I think she is making an effort to help herself. She felt the side effects to her health would be worse than managing the condition with meds; so she made a decision (at least at this point in time), that it wasn't the path she wanted to follow.

Now, having stated the above, she can always reassess the situation in due course, and might give it a try (or not). I wish her the best.

StarWarsGirl

This is shocking--I had no idea that DL was that much classier--real plates and silverware at QS?!! That's an eye opener to me. ;)
And they even have CMs come clear it away for you! Not this stuff where you have to take it to the trash yourself. ;)

In all seriousness, I took environmental economics on college, and based on that class, I'm pretty sure that Disney gets some sort of benefit, tax break or otherwise, by doing it without paper plates and plasticware. California is famous for environmental regulations.

StarWarsGirl

Thanks! It is a great way for them to be outdoors and safe. Oliver and Tigger seem to love it so far.:) The cat door does seem to have a learning curve though.:D
I wish we could do one of those for Belle. She's too skittish to go outside (she looks at us like we're nuts just for suggesting the idea), but if we had a screened in area, I think she'd go for it.

donaldtoo

Yes, excellent points. I will say, however, that the drawback to those old (indestructible) irons was the weight. Not that I iron much these days with all the permanent press fabrics used in most clothing now; but when I do iron, the lighter weight iron makes it less of a chore.

I should have been more clear. I actually wasn't referring to the iron at all, I was referring to the sewing machine. Not many moving parts in an iron...! :D ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom