News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Magic Feather

Too add a bit more, it seems that B&TB is the pricier option, and would be fully reworked from a queue perspective, making it the less desirable option by WDI. Rat would be near seamless, and cheaper, however, anyone who has seen the ride knows it relies a bit too much (IMO) on "screenz". That is also, less desirable to WDI. At one point, a hardly similar rat ride was cooked (;-)) up as the preffered option, but alas, it seems this is just turning into another mediocre episode of "The Clone Wars". If this happens, it could be fasttracked for 2020-2021, but that is looking less likely.

DznyRktekt

Too add a bit more, it seems that B&TB is the pricier option, and would be fully reworked from a queue perspective, making it the less desirable option by WDI. Rat would be near seamless, and cheaper, however, anyone who has seen the ride knows it relies a bit too much (IMO) on "screenz". That is also, less desirable to WDI. At one point, a hardly similar rat ride was cooked (;-)) up as the preffered option, but alas, it seems this is just turning into another mediocre episode of "The Clone Wars". If this happens, it could be fasttracked for 2020-2021, but that is looking less likely.
Any talk about Impressions becoming a queue or is it safe for now?

Mike S

If anything, despite the added unnecessary detail, animatronics of the live-action horrorterrors might be easier to do then the animated originals. The "scaled up" look of the objects in the concept art means they could just throw the "I'm the Oscar that the original didn't' win" version of Lumiere on a random human frame and Mrs. Potts being just a face printed on the side of a teapot means she can be completely projection mapped.
I don't think they're scaled up, it's just the perspective playing tricks.
Beauty-and-the-Beast-Ride.jpg

Sebastian wasn't scaled up in the LM ride so I don't see why they would need to here. They'll probably use a similar animatronic for Lumiere as can be seen already in Cardboard Pretend Time with Belle.
From this thread it seems like it's ok when Disney does it.

Lol, I tease, I tease ;)

FigmentJedi

Sebastian wasn't scaled up in the LM ride so I don't see why they would need to here. They'll probably use a similar animatronic for Lumiere as can be seen already in Cardboard Pretend Time with Belle.
You're probably right. The vehicles do look like squished versions of Chip's siblings though.

jt04

And the way you talk about it hinging on the live action movie's success, I jumped right to thinking they'd pick the garbage aesthetics of that instead of the animated film's in order to cash in and I suppose distinguish the Epcot BATB experience from what's already existing at Magic Kingdom.

Like those reports of the Alice ride planned for Tokyo maintaining animated aesthetic for them and then a Burtonland clone of said ride would come to Shanghai down the road.

I am of the opinion that an attraction based on the film version of BATB would be a better fit for France if they are going to use that franchise in WS. Otherwise Ratatouille would work and may be the better option. In any case, something is better than nothing.

Ewizaboof

From this thread it seems like it's ok when Disney does it.

Lol, I tease, I tease ;)

CARDBOARD PRETEND TIME WITH BELLE

I will NEVER call this anything else now thank you for blessing me this day.

wdwgreek

Whoa, Whoa, whoa! I popped over to read some updates on the GMR, but now I'm reading about the back and forth of whether its the rat next to France or B&tB? Some insiders are saying the Rat others are saying B&tB? Am I Understanding this correctly and why isn't this on its own thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom