News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Cesar R M

Why squeeze a Beauty and the Beast dark ride into Magic Kingdom when there is plenty of room adjacent to the France pavilion in EPCOT for such an attraction! ;)
angrymickey.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well the land will have one E ticket one B ticket and one D ticket pretty solid land if you ask me
Really? I see a D, C, and a B at most.
So we all agree the Alien ride is likely a B. Classic flat ride. I'm with Mike that TSMM is more a D than an E. Slinky Dog is tough to call at this point. I need to see the level of detail and the ride length. If Mine Train is a D it's hard to imagine Slinky will stack up to that without the elaborate rockwork and indoor show scene.

Maybe more like a B, C+ and D

Goofyernmost

How fun it is to each individual person is not a factor. It's perfectly possible to find any lower Ticket more fun than an E. Doesn't change the fact that the E is an E because of how much more it has put into it.
I'm afraid that I have to disagree with that. TSMM is something that everyone can enjoy. There are so many that cannot view ToT therefore to them it isn't even an attraction, much less an "E". I'm not saying that it isn't an "E" for those that can experience it, but, the very nature of it as a thrill that many cannot physically or emotionally experience takes it down a notch in my mind. I love ToT and ride it all the time. To me it is indeed an "E". My wife never once rode on it because she was afraid to do so. All the detail in the world just didn't matter to her because she never saw it. That to me is what I would call a "limited E". I know of no one that hasn't ridden TSMM at least once. Maybe not their cup of tea, but, certainly something that is appreciated and/or widely experienced. You will notice that no talk has surfaced about replacing TSMM with the Guardians, yet in relation to ToT, it is happening in California and hasn't yet been entirely ruled out in WDW. That speaks volumes about the importance of popularity. And which one is the must do ride when looked at broadly and not just as our personal preference. TSMM may not have the plastic props or the cobwebs but, the technology is pretty intense as well. ToT is mostly the ride vehicles and systems. Great, but, worthless if not witnessed .

Sped2424

Nah, there's plenty of space if they wanted to use it. They would just need to re-route the road a little. They could make an entrance to the show building right by the bathrooms next to Gastons. I posted this in another thread. Relocating the road where the blue line is would require a new bridge over the RR or they could just have Magic Kingdom Dr wind around the new show building to allow access to the backstage area. The show building pasted here is a copy of the LM show building. Like I said there is plenty of space.

View attachment 184010
Mermaid being in the fallout area of the fireworks was already an issue. To have a land that close would also mean a reworking of the launchpad of the Fireworks as well. I wish they would do something for batb beyond what is there. But your idea is plausible and would give them an excuse to kill the phony castle above BOG and make a real one around the corner. Have BOG be a back entrance to the "castle" for narrative purposes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nah, there's plenty of space if they wanted to use it. They would just need to re-route the road a little. They could make an entrance to the show building right by the bathrooms next to Gastons. I posted this in another thread. Relocating the road where the blue line is would require a new bridge over the RR or they could just have Magic Kingdom Dr wind around the new show building to allow access to the backstage area. The show building pasted here is a copy of the LM show building. Like I said there is plenty of space.

View attachment 184010

That area is pretty difficult to get to. WDW pretty much boxed themselves out of that area. Any relatively short route to get there would have to be a covered queue to block out backstage viewing. And such a covered queue would then block backstage access to the park. I got to think that some of those small backstage routes out are fire/disaster exits. And the other routes which are roads need to stay roads to get big equipment vehicles in and out of the park.

However there is a way to utilize that space -- at least as big boxes for a dark ride with the fireworks up on the roof -- and that is by nixing RoA and using the RoA not only as a fresh pad, but as the access point to the other hinter pads to the north and northeast.

upload_2017-1-10_23-4-49.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That area is pretty difficult to get to. WDW pretty much boxed themselves out of that area. Any relatively short route to get there would have to be a covered queue to block out backstage viewing. And such a covered queue would then block backstage access to the park. I got to think that some of those small backstage routes out are fire/disaster exits. And the other routes which are roads need to stay roads to get big equipment vehicles in and out of the park.

However there is a way to utilize that space -- at least as big boxes for a dark ride with the fireworks up on the roof -- and that is by nixing RoA and using the RoA not only as a fresh pad, but as the access point to the other hinter pads to the north and northeast.

View attachment 184017
There is a lot of land back there if they wanted to use it.

The area in the picture I posted could be directly accessed through Gaston's village. Right now there's an archway in the back which leads to restrooms and a dead end leading to backstage areas. They could rework that area to allow guests to enter the show building through that pathway. If the road is re-routed there's no reason to have guests see the backstage area at all. Just add some trees or a wall or 2 on the path in and it's a clean transition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is a lot of land back there if they wanted to use it.

The area in the picture I posted could be directly accessed through Gaston's village. Right now there's an archway in the back which leads to restrooms and a dead end leading to backstage areas. They could rework that area to allow guests to enter the show building through that pathway. If the road is re-routed there's no reason to have guests see the backstage area at all. Just add some trees or a wall or 2 on the path in and it's a clean transition.

I saw that on the map, but, as I mentioned... is that a fire exit? If that was cut off by an indoor queue to a big box black ride, then what would the emergency exit be for that area out of the park?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I saw that on the map, but, as I mentioned... is that a fire exit? If that was cut off by an indoor queue to a big box black ride, then what would the emergency exit be for that area out of the park?
No clue if it's a fire exit, but if it is they could just rework it into the path leading to the new show building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm afraid that I have to disagree with that. TSMM is something that everyone can enjoy. There are so many that cannot view ToT therefore to them it isn't even an attraction, much less an "E".
Space Mountain is an E. Test Track is an E. Forbidden Journey is an E.

Regardless if someone can ride it or not. For them it's just an E that they cannot ride.

PREMiERdrum

Moving to areas less Marvel. Maybe.

I would hope so.

That seemed like such a terrible fit. Not that I know Joe, even a little bit, but reading his wonderful writing work through his Instagram it's clear that his strengths lie in recognizing and appreciating the gritty and imperfect visual realities in which we live, and recreating them in a way that is somehow both authentic
Because it's looking like the BatB ride in Epcot is loosing to Rat.

Was the BatB ride ever seriously considered for France? I thought all along it was the Rat or nothing...

Mike S

Space Mountain is an E. Test Track is an E. Forbidden Journey is an E.

Regardless if someone can ride it or not. For them it's just an E that they cannot ride.
This kind of begs the question of how does Universal catergorize their rides? Or do we just apply Disney's system to do it ourselves?
Because it's looking like the BatB ride in Epcot is loosing to Rat.
Damn...
Double damn...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom