A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Stevek

AEfx

I asked him a simple question. He thinks Guardians is a good fit for Tower, and he's said so multiple times. I asked him how it fits, which one will note he never responded to. Whether it fits in Studios as a whole was never the question and never part of the discussion. There is no rumor about Disney creating a purpose built attraction somewhere else in the park. He was posting to be inflammatory, as he always does. Ya know, like a troll.

If I wanted to visit a park that just threw up attractions wherever they can find, I would go to Cedar Point and save a lot of money.

So, since you've brought yourself into this for some reason, do you also take the stance that Tower of Terror is the best place for a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction? Or that Tower as a whole is a dated attraction that needs fixing for some reason, despite it being one of the most popular attractions on the entire property? Because forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm 100% sure that that's what everybody else is discussing.

So glad you "know my type," though. Keep deflecting.

Sorry, but if you even remotely think GotG destroying the most iconic attraction in the world is a good idea, then YES you are the problem. Any opinion other than outrage is frankly unwarranted in this situation. This can literally not be defended by sane individuals, only those who mindlessly worship Saint Iger and his minions from Hell no matter what their touch destroys. So no, I refuse to have an intelligent and legitmate conversation with someone who seriously thinks destroying Tower of Terror (at any Disney park) for a piece of Scheiße like Mission Breakout, or whatever its called, is a good idea.

And yup, there ya go. People who insult you before you even state your actual opinion, prefacing by saying if you don't agree with them you are a horrible person and outright saying anything that does not mirror their own thoughts is "unacceptable".

I'll leave you guys to continue your temper tantrums. Once you guys have cried and screamed it out, hopefully a real discussion can occur.

AEfx

It's not a matter of some attractions being "untouchable". It's more akin to a student who is receiving an A, a couple of B's, a C, and an F in 5 classes saying they need to study harder in the one class where they are getting an A.

That's why I think there may be more at work here than "Iger wants to destroy everything".

jt04

So you'd be devestated if I were to say that a Guardians themed attraction was still planned to open in Epcot then and not DHS?

Strangely you never catch my hints. My thought is something else entirely might take over ToT at WDW. Hope so anyway. GotG taking over energy is fine with me.

Elon Musk fixed the energy conundrum yesterday. It is no longer a thing.

AEfx

What's the other motives then? They care so much about their fans and want to give us the best. I tend to agree with you but sorry this is wrong no matter which way the pie is sliced.

It may very well have to do with the expiring license in 2018. Given how several different successful shows lately ("Black Mirror", "Stranger Things", etc.) are constantly described in the first sentence or two of their summaries as modern "Twilight Zone" type programs, coupled with the fact that CBS is launching original programming via its streaming service starting next year, I think there is more to it.

Prediction: given that CBS is going to anchor this new streaming service with original programming unavailable elsewhere, starting with their flagship property, Star Trek, I have a feeling that Twilight Zone will be next for a reboot via this new service. They recently remastered the entire Twilight Zone library in HD on Blu-ray with an extensive box set - it's really the second most valuable classic series IP in it's library. Particularly since there is no aging cast to worry about paying or recasting, and the anthology nature easily luring big name stars and directors, it's really a no brainer.

But for some folks it's just easier to think that Bob Iger wakes up every morning thinking of new ways to "terrorize" Disney fans. I could totally speculate several scenarios based on the above information that are pretty viable reasons for this to occur, but with people at such a religious pitch over this, it's not worth the time because no one will even consider anything other than that which reinforces their existing hatred.

Last edited:

jt04

Florida's is the best version of the ride.

Sorry, but your subjective opinion is flat wrong. Subjectively speaking.

I watched three videos of the Tokyo version and it is fantastic. Can't wait for the DL version. Perhaps every tower will get its own IP. Except TZ apparently.

DinoInstitute

It may very well have to do with the expiring license in 2018. Given how several different successful shows lately ("Black Mirror", "Stranger Things", etc.) are constantly described in the first sentence or two of their summaries as modern "Twilight Zone" type programs, coupled with the fact that CBS is launching a new streaming service in January, I think there is more to it.

Prediction: given that CBS is going to anchor this new streaming service with original programming unavailable elsewhere, starting with their flagship property, Star Trek, I have a feeling that Twilight Zone will be next for a reboot via this new service. They recently remastered the entire Twilight Zone library in HD on Blu-ray with an extensive box set - it's really the second most valuable classic series IP in it's library. Particularly since there is no aging cast to worry about paying or recasting, and the anthology nature easily luring big name stars and directors, it's really a no brainer.

But for some folks it's just easier to think that Bob Iger wakes up every morning thinking of new ways to "terrorize" Disney fans. I could totally speculate several scenarios based on the above information that are pretty viable reasons for this to occur, but with people at such a religious pitch over this, it's not worth the time because no one will even consider anything other than that which reinforces their existing hatred.
CBS already has its streaming service CBS All Access that currently has the entire Twilight Zone series on it.

AEfx

CBS already has its streaming service CBS All Access that currently has the entire Twilight Zone series on it.

Thanks for the clarification. I should have been more specific - and I just checked, the original programming is launching in May 2017 now with Star Trek. I edited my post to correct so as not to confuse folks. ;)

I fully expect Twilight Zone to be the second show they relaunch exclusively on the service.

jt04

What's the other motives then? They care so much about their fans and want to give us the best. I tend to agree with you but sorry this is wrong no matter which way the pie is sliced.

It appears they are motivated to make the most fan pleasing attractions possible. At least judging by reaction and buzz around things like Frozen and Pandora and Star Wars Land etc.

lazyboy97o

Thanks for the clarification. I should have been more specific - and I just checked, the original programming is launching in May 2017 now with Star Trek. I edited my post to correct so as not to confuse folks. ;)

I fully expect Twilight Zone to be the second show they relaunch exclusively on the service.
The Twilight Zone reboots do not have the successful history of Star Trek. Nowhere has the licensing deal been mentioned and twenty-four years is an odd term.

AEfx

The Twilight Zone reboots do not have the successful history of Star Trek. Nowhere has the licensing deal been mentioned and twenty-four years is an odd term.

No, they don't - and it's been awhile since they tried. Which is another reason, given the success of the HD remaster, that I would be willing to bet money it's next up on the block for a reboot since they are mining their library for well-known IPs to get people to subscribe to the service. If they didn't, they would be stupid. It's the easiest show ever to reboot because it's just a concept of an anthology series that can be about and star anything or anyone.

The licensing deal was mentioned earlier in the thread several times.

The Empress Lilly

The last ten pages or so are dumb.
Back in the United State of Brexit England.

I'm told as of very very very very very recent Guardians is green lit for the Energy building.
Energy is just as untouchable to me as the tower. And more so if it were redone along its original lines. I prefer Marvel in DHS over Future World.

GotG Tower is akin to 'Jeopardy Energy', it leaves a certain base more or less intact. GotG in EPCOT will be Horizons all over again, razing perhaps the second most iconic structure of EPCOT.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This "untouchable" concept for certain attractions is a religion among some people. That's a shame. Disney knows better and changes attractions. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World and others have received changes over the years. They become very stale without change. ToT will be changed. It's just a matter of what will replace Twilight Zone. As I've said, Tales From the Crypt would work for me but is far too intense for children. But GotG would work well I think.
When were Pirates, HM or Small World changed like this? We aren't talking about a minor tweak to ToT we are talking about changing literally everything but the ride system. You are way too hung up on IP. The other 3 classic rides you mentioned were not even based on an existing IP. Tower of Terror isn't a ride that promotes the Twilight Zone TV series. The TV series works well into the backstory of the ride, but it's really secondary to the rest of the experience.
I don't go along with the "perfectly themed" idea for ToT. It's going to change. There's no good reason for Disney to continue to promote a TV series that went off the air a half century ago. I'm confident they can theme ToT to GotG and make it every bit as good and better than the current attraction. After all, look at the amazing work they did with Frozen Ever After. Also, Meet The Robinsons or The Incredibles could work well in ToT.
The Tower itself is also a park icon. It's what you think of when you think of the park. It anchors an entire land and that land and the ride are really well themed. As close as we have to perfect at WDW. When you walk down the street towards the tower it looks like it's been there for years and it belongs there. This crazy eye soar they want to build will be an abomination in that setting. I just don't see how you can think adding a current IP to the existing attraction "works well". I know some here are critical of Disney for having too much focus on creating backstories for every little thing (like a shopping mall), but how do they explain the existence of this "GoTG building" in classic Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom