A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Phil12

It's not a matter of some attractions being "untouchable". It's more akin to a student who is receiving an A, a couple of B's, a C, and an F in 5 classes saying they need to study harder in the one class where they are getting an A.
I understand your point and I agree. There are certainly other attractions that should be drastically changed or entirely removed and replaced such as Tiki Room, CBJ, CoP, Energy and others.

I don't know why this is all coming into focus with the ToT right now. Money, politics and IP promotion all play a role I'm sure. Whatever the reasons (perhaps planetary alignment) I look forward to the changes rather than stagnation. Twenty two years of the same old attraction is too much IMO.

FigmentJedi

I understand your point and I agree. There are certainly other attractions that should be drastically changed or entirely removed and replaced such as Tiki Room, CBJ, CoP, Energy and others.

I don't know why this is all coming into focus with the ToT right now. Money, politics and IP promotion all play a role I'm sure. Whatever the reasons (perhaps planetary alignment) I look forward to the changes rather than stagnation. Twenty two years of the same old attraction is too much IMO.
Why do you demand the death of the first three?

Phil12

Why do you demand the death of the first three?
They were wonderful and tremendous, in their day. But their day is done. They don't draw crowds any longer and they're taking up valuable real estate that could be used for superior attractions that guests want to see.

Of course I realize that these specific attractions (particularly Tiki and CoP) have direct historical ties to Walt. That is really the only reason why they remain. Perhaps Disney could create a fifth park at WDW devoted to the history of Walt Disney. Such as "One Man's Dream" on steroids! They could operate a Viewliner, 20K, a Skyway and other historical attractions.

Beholder

I believe stagnation occurs or specifically, perceived to occur, when something, an idea, a style, or anything of implied value both as entertainment or necessity, becomes irrelevant and or marginalized due to its antiquated sensibilities or general lack of impact or interest. ToT suffers none of these things, it is, has always been, considered by fans, both serious and casual, a considerable achievement. I don't need to illustrate to those here its theme, it's impact, the draw it commands (irrelevant of the reduction in attractions) and it's universal recognition. Change, for the sake of change, is neither wise or warranted. It's a fools ambition to tear down those things that work, that work exceedingly well, to satisfy the shareholders dream of more profit, more wealth, more brand exposure, at the expense of legacy, and the expense of disenfranchising those who CARE, both within and without. All the business reasons laid out are valid and sound, no doubt I'm sure. But, I don't see or interpret things that way, it's not how I process what I see as somehow separate from that cold, hard cash of reality. It's a naive and simple belief that things that are beloved, without question, should be forced to make way for what appears to be a vulgar and boorish attempt gain more in the way of profit. Perhaps it's simply because I feel as if I have to make way for those things, that I'm marginalized. Things change, life changes, old makes way for the new, but, in this "magical" land of Disney, if those two things cannot exist, side by side, then where? ToT and it's potential fate is a symptom of a far greater problem I'm afraid.

It's been awhile since I've posted, a bit of that "change" going on, so I apologize for my somewhat dramatic expression of distaste, things I love and care about disappear more often than I'd like.

Last edited:

csmat99

And what's worse is he always wins
He isn't going to win. The writing has been on the wall for months now.

upload_2016-10-29_23-45-24.png

Cesar R M

Just how I feel too.
Now the questions will be.. will they have edutaiment in some way related to something? or just a plain GOTG attraction thrown there with nothing to do with epcot in the minimal sense?

The difference between those and Tower is that none of those were the single factor that drew people into their respective parks.

Thats why the change for something as iconic and important as TOT is WORSE.

Cesar R M

Sorry, but if you even remotely think GotG destroying the most iconic attraction in the world is a good idea, then YES you are the problem. Any opinion other than outrage is frankly unwarranted in this situation. This can literally not be defended by sane individuals, only those who mindlessly worship Saint Iger and his minions from Hell no matter what their touch destroys. So no, I refuse to have an intelligent and legitmate conversation with someone who seriously thinks destroying Tower of Terror (at any Disney park) for a piece of Scheiße like Mission Breakout, or whatever its called, is a good idea.
I still remember when "The Thick" was here. He would go on defending disney 24/7.. but he later revealed his main drive was money.. as he owned stock.
I wonder how many here do it for pixie dust or outright monetary reasons.

Rteetz

Sorry, but your subjective opinion is flat wrong. Subjectively speaking.

I watched three videos of the Tokyo version and it is fantastic. Can't wait for the DL version. Perhaps every tower will get its own IP. Except TZ apparently.
Yes because a video shows you everything :banghead:

You also can't say someone's opinion is wrong because it's their opinion. Opinions are not facts...

Beholder

I still remember when "The Thick" was here. He would go on defending disney 24/7.. but he later revealed his main drive was money.. as he owned stock.
I wonder how many here do it for pixie dust or outright monetary reasons.

I'm a free market, capitalist sort of individual, I believe in earning what you can, building your dream the way you see fit, and the pursuit of wealth is not an inherently bad thing. BUT, I also believe strongly in ethics, in doing the responsible thing. Not at the mandate of some overarching authority, but by ones own free will. Disney need not turn it's back on one to achieve the other.

Quinnmac000

I'm a free market, capitalist sort of individual, I believe in earning what you can, building your dream the way you see fit, and the pursuit of wealth is not an inherently bad thing. BUT, I also believe strongly in ethics, in doing the responsible thing. Not at the mandate of some overarching authority, but by ones own free will. Disney need not turn it's back on one to achieve the other.

I think thats the big thing right there. They aren't thinking about ethics in any of their decisions at all.

Beholder

Yes because a video shows you everything :banghead:

You also can't say someone's opinion is wrong because it's their opinion. Opinions are not facts...

Nice point about opinions, sometimes people confuse their opinion for fact.
Also, is not "Twilight Zone" an I.P.? So, there is an I.P. in the tower, hence its name. I think it works fine. As DESIGNED no less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom