News Tomorrowland love

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Incidentally the third lift on Splash seems to have a leaking ceiling again....

Oh Dear! I hope they take care of that in January. It seems this is going to be an ongoing problem with Splash and their January rehabs should be centered around attending to these.

I've been surprised by the Dino comments at AK. The infrastructure problems for Dino have been a very long term issue and everyone is more focused on the animatronics which isn't why the ride closed so frequently each day. Yes they should be fixed of course but the ride was never intended to be a water based attraction in the path of the vehicles.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh Dear! I hope they take care of that in January. It seems this is going to be an ongoing problem with Splash and their January rehabs should be centered around attending to these..
I know. And given the cause and possible result from last time I'm surprised it's been allowed to happen again.

Mr Blue Bird in the finale was also static for two weeks but I digress....

Rteetz

Oh Dear! I hope they take care of that in January. It seems this is going to be an ongoing problem with Splash and their January rehabs should be centered around attending to these.

I've been surprised by the Dino comments at AK. The infrastructure problems for Dino have been a very long term issue and everyone is more focused on the animatronics which isn't why the ride closed so frequently each day. Yes they should be fixed of course but the ride was never intended to be a water based attraction in the path of the vehicles.
Right now there is no January refurb for splash just a one day refurb in December.

Incomudro

One day? Time to call Phil Swift to fix the leaks.

I fixed a leaking skylight with that stuff months ago.
Worked fantastically!
No lies, this skylight was leaking pretty badly, and I had to put a container under it to catch the water.
Went up on the roof, cleaned the debris away, and sprayed Flex Seal around the seams.
It has stood up to torrential downpours since then!

MerlinTheGoat

On Splash there has also been a missing frog AA after Slippin Falls and a missing Riverboat chicken for a while now (a few months i think). The Brer Bear AA in the Laughing Place (beehive on his nose) has had partial movement for some time as well. The water wheel next to the second lift has been broken for some time too.

Also, it looks like some of the vegetation is dying again, especially on the bend right before slippin falls, wonder if the sprinklers are broken again. And the ride will probably need a repaint pretty soon as well.

baymenxpac

I fixed a leaking skylight with that stuff months ago.
Worked fantastically!
No lies, this skylight was leaking pretty badly, and I had to put a container under it to catch the water.
Went up on the roof, cleaned the debris away, and sprayed Flex Seal around the seams.
It has stood up to torrential downpours since then!

yes, but did you coat the bottom of your fan boat with it and race around the everglades? only then will you be a true flexseal master.

excellent to hear this about tomorrowland. it's incredible to think (especially if you were a regular in the 70s, 80s, and most of the 90s, when anything that needed fixing was done practically overnight), but if WDW just went around fixing the stuff that was supposed to work, you'd have an infinitely better product in no time.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

On Splash there has also been a missing frog AA after Slippin Falls and a missing Riverboat chicken for a while now (a few months i think). The Brer Bear AA in the Laughing Place (beehive on his nose) has had partial movement for some time as well. The water wheel next to the second lift has been broken for some time too.

Also, it looks like some of the vegetation is dying again, especially on the bend right before slippin falls, wonder if the sprinklers are broken again. And the ride will probably need a repaint pretty soon as well.

Hopefully they will wait until AFTER my trip at the end of January lol. Bringing two friends along and they both haven't been to WDW since the 90's.

HeroOfWDW

Not sure if this is new or not, but on Saturday I rode people mover , and this misbehaving child has his phone flashlight on(I totally yelled at him. He had no ride etiquette ). After he finally shut it off, I could see this glass(we were in the Space Mountain tunnel) that you could look through and see the interior of spaceSpace Mountain! Comets, track, everything! I have been on the People Mover so many times, so I'm pretty sure this is new, but I'm not sure.

Buried20KLeague

My two cents.....tear down and rebuild as it was with modern minor touches. (Move to wide trains as is the modern standard) with on board audio ofcourse. And leave track layouts mostly unchanged EXCEPT add more banking on some of the faster turns and maybe a few other minor "smoothing" elements.

The problem is this is basically not possible.

If you move to wider trains, there's not enough room in the building for the Alpha and Omega tracks in the same layout because the track would have to be twice(ish) as wide as they are currently and that adds up in various places where track is currently close together as well as along the edge of the building.

And if they went to wider trains and kept one track the same layout (just jumbo sized for the larger track and trains), far too much of the building would be unused. I would also consider that a quite disappointing result if they decided to go the full re-build direction.

I would say that it's a safe bet that a full gut and re-build of SM would mean a single track with multiple load positions as with Disneyland and Tokyo. I have no evidence of that, but common sense would say the bobsled config would be history. A more standard seating configuration would mean a more standard track from Arrow or Vekoma (I forget which has done the SM's in the past) too.

The benefit WDW would have over those two is space in the dome. I would assume far lass turns the same direction and more variation in elements. No loop.

Leahbobeah

I guess this is as good a thread as any to post this in, but I had this thought the other day- Could it be possible that Buzz SRS might not be that much longer for this world? I think it might just feel weird with TSL over in DHS. Plus, I have to imagine the theming in the queue/exterior of the Alien/Buzz spinner ride would just be way too similar. Some sort of retheme to BH6 or something by the 50th wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be totally fine with bringing back Dreamflight if they were to move Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin to Hollywood Studios :)

RSoxNo1

Dreamflight???? Why not bring back IYHW? Eastern is back in business now and would probably, likely sponsor this ride again given they are trying to grow http://easternairlines.aero/
The sponsorship model is dead. It's not to say sponsors won't come along, but if Disney is holding out hope that every attraction will be sponsored again they are clearly mistaken. The prestige isn't there stateside right now.

montyz81

The sponsorship model is dead. It's not to say sponsors won't come along, but if Disney is holding out hope that every attraction will be sponsored again they are clearly mistaken. The prestige isn't there stateside right now.
Seems like they are: See Imagination, The Land, SSE, TT, Energy. All are dead or married to their sponsor in terms of update cycles. All I am saying is that small upstarts like Eastern could get back in the game quicker with a sponsorship like this. That said, they just ordered 10 737NGs, my guess is their reserves are empty

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Does beg the question with SGE going seasonal until full closure what do we expect for the TTA Peoplemover audio...And will it change to something better....

Anything would be an improvement over the current [typical Disney these days] bland-as-a-Saltine-cracker map-of-Tomorrowland audio would be an improvement. Of course, IMHO the ride audio has gotten steadily worse since the ORAC-1 days. And although the previous iteration did grow on me and I do like it, it does not compare with "Your Commuter Computer".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom