The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I'm at school just chillin', and I needed to call my mom, but cell phone reception is spotty. Decided to Facetime her instead using the Wifi. The following happened:

1. "Mom, please take your thumb off the camera" Mom: "Oh, I like it better when I'm mysterious and you can't see me!"
2. "Mom, why are you spinning around? You are making me very dizzy." Mom: "Really? Let me do it some more!" "Looking at the window at not at you now, Mom."
3. Mom: "This is cool! This is like the video phone that we see at SciFi!"
4. Me: "Now the camera is aimed at the ceiling..."
5. She hung up on me twice and had to call back.

:hilarious::rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Or you could call him "snacksize"
Exactly... when you just don't feel like a big meal.

I almost succumbed to the kitten thing the other day. I was in the mall and they have a rescue store there. I looked in the window and here was this kitten with the strangest (i.e. prettiest, marbled) colors that I had ever seen. It was orangeish but not really, more of a brownish orange with dark markings and eyes the size of a full moon, just looking up at me. Fortunately, my dead on the inside dominate personality kicked in and I remembered liter boxes, food, hairballs, shedding and care when I cannot be there. Man, that was close. I'm not going near any pet stores again ever.

Figgy1

Premium Member

I almost succumbed to the kitten thing the other day. I was in the mall and they have a rescue store there. I looked in the window and here was this kitten with the strangest (i.e. prettiest, marbled) colors that I had ever seen. It was orangeish but not really, more of a brownish orange with dark markings and eyes the size of a full moon, just looking up at me. Fortunately, my dead on the inside dominate personality kicked in and I remembered liter boxes, food, hairballs, shedding and care when I cannot be there. Man, that was close. I'm not going near any pet stores again ever.
I said the same thing right before we got our dog. Our cat was ancient and I was planning to be pet free for a while after he went. I was planning on getting another cat but not any time soon and yet there was this sweet dog in need of a home, next thing I knew I was buying a collar, leash, toys and a bed for a dog. A dog I really wanted another cat but not that soon. You never know what life brings

Goofyernmost

I said the same thing right before we got our dog. Our cat was ancient and I was planning to be pet free for a while after he went. I was planning on getting another cat but not any time soon and yet there was this sweet dog in need of a home, next thing I knew I was buying a collar, leash, toys and a bed for a dog. A dog I really wanted another cat but not that soon. You never know what life brings
Not to sound mean, but, in this instance I knew exactly what life would bring and that would be that I would remain petless. As it turned out, by the next day, it had found a new home, so my rescue was unneeded. Man, I almost felt guilt there for a moment, but, thankfully, I'm over it now.

I'll be honest here, it's not that I don't like animals because I do, it's just that I have spent my whole life taking care of others and I do not want to any longer. In my apartment building, in the apartment right above me, there are 4 dogs. They spend the day yapping away at any leaf that blows by the window and running back and forth like a herd of Buffalo most of the day. I have said nothing because it is only a minor annoyance. As they do seem to remain quiet at night, when it matters. If, however, I were a late sleeper (anything beyond 7:30am) they would be a problem. I also care enough about animals that I wouldn't want to have one that was never allowed beyond a leash length away. No place to run or explore. Just seems a little wrong to me. I know many get a great deal of comfort out of having pets, I do not. I enjoy them, but, I do not want another living creature depending on me anymore. I don't even have house plants because of that.

catmom46

Happy Friday! Today is the last day of Figgy's day care. I'm going to miss the little buggers, not LOL Last night there were 8 kids here for dinner at least 2 were girls. I did hear one funny thing last night from one of them "at least your mom doesn't make me eat vegetables" That was while he was eating his second helping of "chicken" meatloaf. For those who don't know me, there wasn't any chicken in it.:D That kid also likes my red velvet cake. It's going to be a busy weekend! I've got farm market Saturday and on Sunday we're going to the pool with a bunch of friends and having a cookout, should be fun as I'm not cooking. I'm bringing the salad!

Ooh, do share your "chicken" meatloaf recipe please!

catmom46

I love Disney transportation, it's so convenient. I don't like walking to a really hot car, and waiting for it to cool down. The busses are always "cool". :)

That is my main reason for not driving at WDW as well. We did that our first day at MK last month and figured it would have taken about the same amount of time to take the bus, plus instant A/C was a big advantage. :D

catmom46

Well, Belle was one that would have been tough to adopt out, and it made me feel good to adopt her. We actually met her twice before adopting her, and the first time we met her, we weren't sure whether she would be the right cat. The shelter moved her to a Petsmart adoption location, and then she was more herself. She's very very sweet, which is what the adoption agent told us, but had been through a lot. They had a special adoption weekend and most of the cats had been adopted...except for her and one other (who got adopted later on the day we adopted Belle). Her owners before us brought her back to the shelter and said she wouldn't warm up. We think that they basically hauled her out of wherever she was hiding. She would flinch back whenever we would walk by. We basically ignored her other than when I would wake up early (you know how much I love cats; I got up earlier than I needed to to be with her) and go see her when she had just woken up. We kept her in the (finished) basement for the first week or so that we had her. Then she would wander up, and we basically ignored her until one day I sat down and she was on my lap.

I hear all of the stories about adult cats who can't get adopted for whatever reason, and I feel so bad about it. One of the more recent ones was a cat whose owner had died and whose son couldn't take the cat. Before the owner died, she wrote a letter to the cat's future owners. It was heartbreaking on so many levels. This happened in MD, and I thought "Boy, if I didn't have Belle, I would be more than happy to take that cat." But I have Belle, and I don't think she'd go for it. And I'll probably have her for a while yet; she very much needs me we've noticed. My mom said that yesterday she was walking around meowing when I wasn't home. And the other day, I came home and she was sitting at the door waiting for me. One of my friends was with me and thought it was adorable.

Much as I want a kitten, I know they are much harder to adopt out, and an adult cat can love you just as much, if not more, than a kitten. Only getting a kitten if I still have Belle. She doesn't like other cats in general, but gets lonely. I think she would end up taking to a kitten pretty quickly

I was the same way when I adopted most of my kitties. The first one was when I was in college in Ohio and the local pet store was "selling" a couple kitties for a nickel each. She was the older one, probably about 10 months old as well. The 2nd one I adopted from a shelter after visiting her a couple times. She was already at least 5 years old, and she was a Tortie, which some people consider not as attractive. I got the 3rd one from a friend who was moving and the 4th was "adopted" at a laundromat (a father and daughter were giving them away there and my boyfriend at the time calls me up and asks me if I wanted one - of course I had to say yes silly!).

As much as I like kittens, they're definitely more work, so I'm always more than happy to adopt older cats. :cat:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's easy in a food processor 1 item at a time finely mince
1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cups chick peas cooked
1 cup mushrooms
Stir those together with
1 cup rice
4tbsp arrowroot
1 1/2 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp sage
1/4 tsp black pepper
Bake in oiled loaf pan 5x8 at 350 for an hour

This is the original recipe I found in a book I start the night before by soaking 2 pounds of chick peas I didn't think you would need that much food. My boys and their friends seem to like it. I have no clue why that boy thought there was meat in it.

catmom46

Not to sound mean, but, in this instance I knew exactly what life would bring and that would be that I would remain petless. As it turned out, by the next day, it had found a new home, so my rescue was unneeded. Man, I almost felt guilt there for a moment, but, thankfully, I'm over it now.

I'll be honest here, it's not that I don't like animals because I do, it's just that I have spent my whole life taking care of others and I do not want to any longer. In my apartment building, in the apartment right above me, there are 4 dogs. They spend the day yapping away at any leaf that blows by the window and running back and forth like a herd of Buffalo most of the day. I have said nothing because it is only a minor annoyance. As they do seem to remain quiet at night, when it matters. If, however, I were a late sleeper (anything beyond 7:30am) they would be a problem. I also care enough about animals that I wouldn't want to have one that was never allowed beyond a leash length away. No place to run or explore. Just seems a little wrong to me. I know many get a great deal of comfort out of having pets, I do not. I enjoy them, but, I do not want another living creature depending on me anymore. I don't even have house plants because of that.

I don't think you're mean at all. Not everyone should have pets, especially if they can't care for them as well as they should be cared for. 4 dogs in an apartment is a lot!

catmom46

1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup mushrooms
Stir those together with
1 cup rice
4tbsp arrowroot
1/2 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp sage
1/4 tsp black pepper

This is the original recipe I found in a book I start the night before by soaking 2 pounds of chick peas I didn't think you would need that much food. My boys and their friends seem to like it. I have no clue why that boy thought there was meat in it.

Cool, thanks! I will try this out and let you know the outcome.

catmom46

I'm at school just chillin', and I needed to call my mom, but cell phone reception is spotty. Decided to Facetime her instead using the Wifi. The following happened:

1. "Mom, please take your thumb off the camera" Mom: "Oh, I like it better when I'm mysterious and you can't see me!"
2. "Mom, why are you spinning around? You are making me very dizzy." Mom: "Really? Let me do it some more!" "Looking at the window at not at you now, Mom."
3. Mom: "This is cool! This is like the video phone that we see at SciFi!"
4. Me: "Now the camera is aimed at the ceiling..."
5. She hung up on me twice and had to call back.

:hilarious::rolleyes:

Your mom sounds like a fun mom. :)

betty rose

Well, Belle was one that would have been tough to adopt out, and it made me feel good to adopt her. We actually met her twice before adopting her, and the first time we met her, we weren't sure whether she would be the right cat. The shelter moved her to a Petsmart adoption location, and then she was more herself. She's very very sweet, which is what the adoption agent told us, but had been through a lot. They had a special adoption weekend and most of the cats had been adopted...except for her and one other (who got adopted later on the day we adopted Belle). Her owners before us brought her back to the shelter and said she wouldn't warm up. We think that they basically hauled her out of wherever she was hiding. She would flinch back whenever we would walk by. We basically ignored her other than when I would wake up early (you know how much I love cats; I got up earlier than I needed to to be with her) and go see her when she had just woken up. We kept her in the (finished) basement for the first week or so that we had her. Then she would wander up, and we basically ignored her until one day I sat down and she was on my lap.

I hear all of the stories about adult cats who can't get adopted for whatever reason, and I feel so bad about it. One of the more recent ones was a cat whose owner had died and whose son couldn't take the cat. Before the owner died, she wrote a letter to the cat's future owners. It was heartbreaking on so many levels. This happened in MD, and I thought "Boy, if I didn't have Belle, I would be more than happy to take that cat." But I have Belle, and I don't think she'd go for it. And I'll probably have her for a while yet; she very much needs me we've noticed. My mom said that yesterday she was walking around meowing when I wasn't home. And the other day, I came home and she was sitting at the door waiting for me. One of my friends was with me and thought it was adorable.

Much as I want a kitten, I know they are much harder to adopt out, and an adult cat can love you just as much, if not more, than a kitten. Only getting a kitten if I still have Belle. She doesn't like other cats in general, but gets lonely. I think she would end up taking to a kitten pretty quickly
I like your thought's on getting a kitten. When we adopted our adult doggie ( husband had kitty's , but became allergic to them) when he aged we noticed he spent more time sleeping under the bed. I thought he was depressed. We went to the animal shelter and got a young puppy. That little girl, brought him out of his sleeping, and they had so much fun together, playing "tug a war" with an old sock. At first the older doggie would pull the puppy around. Later when the puppy got older and bigger, she pulled around the older doggie. He was always dominate and the younger dog respected that. But the week before our older doggie passed, he let her be dominate, eating first, drinking first. It was as though he knew his time was getting short. This story still brings tears to my eyes. Thanks to all for "listening".

betty rose

I can understand, my fear is that I will die, and leave an abandoned pet. As we always get rescue pets, I don't want them to go through tough things again.

betty rose

1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup mushrooms
Stir those together with
1 cup rice
4tbsp arrowroot
1/2 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp sage
1/4 tsp black pepper

Hope you don't mind this recipe sounds great for me as well. Thanx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom