A Spirited Perfect Ten

Animaniac93-98

I can't see removing Tom Sawyer Island being in the plans, there's just SO MUCH that would have to be done to make that work.

You fill in the river, knock down the fort, close off the caves etc. It would take time, but it could be done. They had no trouble erasing the 20K lagoon from MK history.

I would hate to loose it though. The Island's design is unique to MK (as Tokyo copied Anaheim) and do we really need less water, trees and shade in MK? It's like the one quiet place left in the park.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You fill in the river, knock down the fort, close off the caves etc. It would take time, but it could be done. They had no trouble erasing the 20K lagoon from MK history.

I would hate to loose it though. The Island's design is unique to MK (as Tokyo copied Anaheim) and do we really need less water, trees and shade in MK? It's like the one quiet place left in the park.

I just can't see the Disney company actually spending that much money to change the land for something, unless it was a #1 blockbuster SYNERGY movement :)

Nemo14

What river is quintessentially more American than the mighty Mississippi? The ultimate loophole. West of the Mississippi indeed. :lookaroun

f55b41410d817da632aaf81ef946e519.jpg
pixars-iron-man-revealed-20100525034443743-000.jpg

DSCF3194.jpg

stevehousse

Ok so you need to fast forward to the 10:00 mark for the English part of the chorus. I still don't understand why this part of the song wasn't incorporated into the American parade! It's a nice chorus that could have played 2-3 times between the parade like the Spectromagic chorus did...thoughts on why they didn't utilize this at all?

UpAllNight

I thought all the talk was about linking rides to IP. Which modern relevant Disney IP could be incorporated into Frontierland? Unless this is just to add massive capacity rather than attract guests in the millions, in imagine that would make sense.

doctornick

meh, I was more disappointed by the pop song. Specially building the entire thing around a commercial pop song from Owl City.
Why not original songs?

Wasn't it an original song written specifically for Wreck It, Ralph? Isn't that sort of like including "You've got a Friend in Me" in a float?

Just because it's a pop song doesn't mean it's not a "Disney" song.

yensidtlaw1969

Wasn't it an original song written specifically for Wreck It, Ralph? Isn't that sort of like including "You've got a Friend in Me" in a float?

Just because it's a pop song doesn't mean it's not a "Disney" song.
"When Can I See You Again" was only played over end credits of Wreck-It Ralph, whereas "You've Got A Friend In Me" is actually in the movie. It's more like including Raven Symone's "Superstition" over a Haunted Mansion float -- yeah, you can, but maybe don't?

Intelligence is knowing a Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

GiveMeTheMusic

Ok so you need to fast forward to the 10:00 mark for the English part of the chorus. I still don't understand why this part of the song wasn't incorporated into the American parade! It's a nice chorus that could have played 2-3 times between the parade like the Spectromagic chorus did...thoughts on why they didn't utilize this at all?

It would have required rearranging every unit's soundtrack to add that in to the main loop. It was written for a show stop, and there is no show stop at DLR.

Donald Razorduck

Considering the lone ranger as more appeal than the Disney Movie (aka Lone Ranger as a loong story way before this flop).I

I wouldn't be surprised.

American History time, it's been long rumored but in no way confirmed the inspiration of the Lone Ranger was a former slave and US Marshall name Bass Ree es that worked out of FT. Smith Arkansas under Judge Parker, know as the Hanging Judge. He was able to perform in this capacity as this was pre Dredd Scott and segregation wasn't becoming the law of the land just yet but did toward the end of Bass's life.

Bill O'rielly actually has highlight him but we Arkansans that have a knowledge of Judge Parker had know this for quite sometime.

And while we are discussing Frontierland, I make mention of my wish to see Disney enter the Mississippi River Cruise business that is taking off and offer a truly family oriented experience that seems nearly completely geared to adults.

suburbianj

You have a source for that one or more Endless Speculation?
That's why I said I'm GUESSING,that bit was the big clue in what I said?! You do have a bad habit of trying to put people down....this is a rumors thread after all ain't it????? Keep your snide cocky remarks to yourself,not everyone appreciates them. Whylightbulb,good to hear from you again,we all appreciate the snippets you give us into what is coming,hopefully sooner rather than later....all these plans for all the parks and no definite build/opening dates yet.

PhotoDave219

That's why I said I'm GUESSING,that bit was the big clue in what I said?! You do have a bad habit of trying to put people down....this is a rumors thread after all ain't it????? Keep your snide cocky remarks to yourself,not everyone appreciates them. Whylightbulb,good to hear from you again,we all appreciate the snippets you give us into what is coming,hopefully sooner rather than later....all these plans for all the parks and no definite build/opening dates yet.

I never said I discounted anything @whylightbulb said nor doubted him. He knows I like & respect what I he offers up and he also knows that I'd check it out before jumping to any vast conclusions.

What I don't care for is someone coming in and saying "Oh that must mean Tom Sawyers Island must be closing".... because you can't even make the case for that. There's nothing to support that. Its a conclusion that simply cannot be made from the information available.

Do we have an indication that Frontierland is about to get some love? Yes. Might it involve an E-Ticket? Quite possibly. Does that mean TSI is closing? Certainly not.

PhotoDave219

So it is an old rumor that is being recycled

I'm not sure, @whylightbulb is a pretty reliable source. Not going to read anything into whats going to happen other than add it to the list of things that seem likely, once we get another source to back it up.

And for those keeping track.... this is whats likely.

DHS: (2.8B)
Star Wars
Pixar
Parking Garage/Infrastructure

Epcot: (350m)
Illuminations replacement/overhaul (so says @marni1971 & @WDW1974)

MK: (350m)
Frontierland expansion waiting to be verified. (On-again, off again for many years per Martin... so wait and see)

suburbianj

I never said I discounted anything @whylightbulb said nor doubted him. He knows I like & respect what I he offers up and he also knows that I'd check it out before jumping to any vast conclusions.

What I don't care for is someone coming in and saying "Oh that must mean Tom Sawyers Island must be closing".... because you can't even make the case for that. There's nothing to support that. Its a conclusion that simply cannot be made from the information available.

Do we have an indication that Frontierland is about to get some love? Yes. Might it involve an E-Ticket? Quite possibly. Does that mean TSI is closing? Certainly not.
Sigh......
Hmmm I'm guessing there is a good chance tom sawyer island will be going bye bye for this new E ticket.....

Once again read what I said,look up a dictionary if your not sure what guessing means?also,if there was a 'only FACTS allowed' page then I'm sure you would be the almighty moderator and you could get your wish for NO ONE to out anything on it apart from FACTS....now do me a favour,put away your beat down stick and if I want to put a message up in the RUMORS page then I am 100% entitled to do so....just as much as anyone else is,not all of us have inside information,but does it do anyone any harm in people putting things that could/might happen? 99% of people on here know who knows definite insider info....I am definitely DEFINITELY 100% not one of those people,but I can dream a little can't I?

PhotoDave219

Sigh......

Once again read what I said,look up a dictionary if your not sure what guessing means?also,if there was a 'only FACTS allowed' page then I'm sure you would be the almighty moderator and you could get your wish for NO ONE to out anything on it apart from FACTS....now do me a favour,put away your beat down stick and if I want to put a message up in the RUMORS page then I am 100% entitled to do so....just as much as anyone else is,not all of us have inside information,but does it do anyone any harm in people putting things that could/might happen? 99% of people on here know who knows definite insider info....I am definitely DEFINITELY 100% not one of those people,but I can dream a little can't I?

Of I want a Fronteirland expansion, I just dont want TSI to go away.

Rodan75

So any ideas if this long proposed idea is a new concept or something based on a Disney (or 3rd party) IP? I'm assuming we have enough runaway mine trains already.

Goofyernmost

Sooooooo, you are trying to totally negate the concept of "stale" because at least one person in the audience is seeing it for the first time?

Mmmmmo, kay!??! Seems legit.

But I've been drinking.
Well, I haven't been drinking so... yes that is what I am trying to do. It is stale to us, it is stale to us because we have seen it a trillion times, but, to others it is new. Bread can be stale, but, it will be stale for everyone, not just a few. A parade is stale only when seen too many times.

I'm not arguing the fact that it is time for something new, I'm just saying that it is bogus to concern ourselves about how we perceive it, when it is not a majority opinion. So... no, I'm not trying to negate it. To some it is just that, but, that applies to anything that has been there since the day it opened, parades, shows, rides and even what it looks like when we arrive and walk through the gates. There is not a lot of difference between what we see now and what we saw in 1972. Isn't that stale as well? Should it change because we have seen it before?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom