The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

crispy

Anyone ever stop and wonder if Disney built two new E-tickets at MK it might mske the park even more crowded than it already is?

Which is why most people want to see the other parks getting some love. As JediMasterMatt pointed out above, the only real way to increase capacity is to actually increase capacity. If they truly want to spread the crowds around, then they have to make people want to visit them for more than a few hours before hopping to the MK. That's one reason why I think the 7DMT is a good fit for the MK right now. I would rather see some big E-tickets at the other parks.

fbb

How long out should people make Universal reservations for the DA opening? Its a little odd a quick check reveals you still have a myriad of choices for where to stay that week on Universal property, including all the Lowes resorts. Maybe the pundits might be correct in predicting it might not be as successful as phase one?

Universal needs to get rolling with its version of Magical Express.

nor'easter

Anyone ever stop and wonder if Disney built two new E-tickets at MK it might mske the park even more crowded than it already is?
Easy solution... Build them at the other parks.

Do you really thing Disney doesn't want to build great attractions because they would be too popular? Yeah, that's been a headache for Universal.

Cesar R M

Future reference, far more effective to report a troll for bringing politics up rather than feeding him by responding.
Honestly, I never expected him to be a full blown troll. Just being overdramatic on this.

But, if he was that blatant as the older duck guy, I would have reported him to moderators immediately.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No matter how you slice it, there is not magical <pun intended> fix for increasing capacity other than adding actual capacity. You do so by either putting more people through attraction lines. This can be done by either increasing the number of people in an attraction at any given time (more seats per ride vehicle or more seats in a theater), reducing the amount of time in an attraction (speed up the ride or shorten the show), or... adding more attractions.

Or...(skipped in your dissertation at the whiteboard) getting people to use capacity you already have but is under utilized.

Your examples of reducing showtimes does not help park capacity much because it's not keeping people in the attractions - it works to improve ride counts and # of rides a guest may achieve in a day. The lower wait times help make the attraction attractive... but if the less time a person is in an attraction, the more burden they are on the common parts of the park.

The idea MM means 'not having to build attractions' is a distortion and frankly.. childish response to the real idea of breaking the arms race and trying to improve use of what you have. MM+ is about differentiation and optimization.

If you like that differentiation will be played out over the next years...

Even though I think @PhotoDave219 is an a-hole he is correct. You would be amazed at some of the stuff they used to have available for purchase at Property Control. Things that were purchased...and never used. #Velodrome
I would not be amazed by it. My company discovered in excess of 500 printer cartridges in storage that we had purchased. While on vacation, the manager in charge of purchasing those supplies received a FedEx envelope with $400 in travelers checks from the supplier. Had that Fedx envelope arrived while she was at work, it would have taken even longer for the discovery. Turned out she was getting a FedEx envelope every time she put in an order. We ended up selling off the excess inventory of cartridges we never used for pennies on the dollar.

PhotoDave219

I would not be amazed by it. My company discovered in excess of 500 printer cartridges in storage that we had purchased. While on vacation, the manager in charge of purchasing those supplies received a FedEx envelope with $400 in travelers checks from the supplier. Had that Fedx envelope arrived while she was at work, it would have taken even longer for the discovery. Turned out she was getting a FedEx envelope every time she put in an order. We ended up selling off the excess inventory of cartridges we never used for pennies on the dollar.

What happened to the purchaser? She get fired?

asianway

If that were WDW they would promote them & give them a regular column on the parks blog. But I'm sure no payola ever comes into WDPR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom