The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Silver Figment

never thought malestrom was loved at all... but survives as one of the few 'rides' in World Showcase.

Not that I think that means Frozen should move in... I wouldn't mind an addition to Norway for it.. but to have it take over the anchor of the pavilion seems a crime to the idea of World Showcase.

I love Maelstrom, and to be honest I think Frozen was a good movie. Good, not overly amazing. With that said, I don't think they should put Frozen in Maelstrom either. They added 3 Caballeros to Gran Fiesta Tour and that seemed a little awkward. Maelstrom seems like a much larger focal point to the Norway pavilion than GFT does to the Mexico Pavilion. Or maybe that's just my thinking. But I feel that the WS pavilions are there to showcase the culture of their respective countries, not Disney films that sort of fit there. I'm not saying "don't put Disney film references in the pavilions", just that I don't think they shouldn't be the focal point.

Rasvar

FP+ apparently did fix the problem of having a short wait time for Spaceship Earth in the afternoon. Sounds like a successful implementation.

With that sarcasm out of the way, I had my first run with FP+ this past weekend. I actually figured out how to jiggle the schedule to make it more conducive to me. It's a hell of a lot easier when the phone app actually works for that. It was annoying to use the kiosk to just reschedule on Saturday. The logic it applies to times in the automatic part definitely does not fit my preferred scheduling. I also wish it would let you schedule the 4th FP+ as soon as the last FP+ window opens instead of having to wait for it to close or be used.

I'm not really sold on FP+ over the old FP but I can see some ways it is easier for me to use. Maybe more so when I only want to do about four or five hours in a park. I can see where the entire system will frustrate the heck out of non-gadgety people.

Rasvar

I love Maelstrom, and to be honest I think Frozen was a good movie. Good, not overly amazing. With that said, I don't think they should put Frozen in Maelstrom either. They added 3 Caballeros to Gran Fiesta Tour and that seemed a little awkward. Maelstrom seems like a much larger focal point to the Norway pavilion than GFT does to the Mexico Pavilion. Or maybe that's just my thinking. But I feel that the WS pavilions are there to showcase the culture of their respective countries, not Disney films that sort of fit there. I'm not saying "don't put Disney film references in the pavilions", just that I don't think they shouldn't be the focal point.

I actually like the 3 Caballeros addition. To me, awkward was IASW at Disneyland. A couple of the Disney character additions blend in and seem to fit but most seem like they were shoved in with a crowbar. If they were to redo Norway, I don't think it could be like 3 Caballeros. It would have to be a complete restructuring to make it work. Otherwise, it's just confusing trolls with Frozen.

Todd H

If you can't continue with coherent trains of thought.. this will be my last reply to any of your posts.

2mybvw0.png

WDF

I had typed a brilliant, detailed response to why the system itself causes complications and stress, but until you actually use it yourself, it's hard to understand *why* it's so exasperating.

I've used FP+ many times, going all the way back to when they tested green cards with unlimited ride reservations. Sure, in the early days it was convenient to book attractions in advance; but once the system matured and I had to pick Soarin' or Test Track with no hope of ever getting a FP for both in the same day, FP+ quickly lost its charm.

But I think there's one thing that de-rails your, um, contribution to the thread and challenges anyone who defends MM+: Disney itself considers MM+ to be such a disaster that plans to expand it to DL and DLP have been postponed indefinitely.

Regarding the part I highlighted above...

I don't think this is completely accurate now that you can get additional passes after using the first three. On certain days it might be, but to say there is no hope ever?

Funmeister

I would not be amazed by it. My company discovered in excess of 500 printer cartridges in storage that we had purchased. While on vacation, the manager in charge of purchasing those supplies received a FedEx envelope with $400 in travelers checks from the supplier. Had that Fedx envelope arrived while she was at work, it would have taken even longer for the discovery. Turned out she was getting a FedEx envelope every time she put in an order. We ended up selling off the excess inventory of cartridges we never used for pennies on the dollar.

Anyone hear about the butterfly fiasco at Disney's Animal Kingdom years ago? They planned to build an indoor/outdoor butterfly pavilion halfway between the Conservation Station train station and Conservation Station to break up the long trek. Whenever a zoological institution builds any type of display involving butterflies they have to order/purchase the chrysalis before construction even begins.

I'll give you one guess what was canned two weeks after the chrysalis were ordered? By the way...there is no return policy on chrysalis.

Rasvar

Anyone hear about the butterfly fiasco at Disney's Animal Kingdom years ago? They planned to build an indoor/outdoor butterfly pavilion halfway between the Conservation Station train station and Conservation Station to break up the long trek. Whenever a zoological institution builds any type of display involving butterflies they have to order/purchase the chrysalis before construction even begins.

I'll give you one guess what was canned two weeks after the chrysalis were ordered? By the way...there is no return policy on chrysalis.
i assume this is why we ended up with a butterfly garden at the Flower and Garden Festival?

SJN1279

I had nothing but positive experiences with FastPass+. After all the doom and gloom on this board, I was very apprehensive, but I found it balances the crowds throughout the park evenly.

Skip

I had nothing but positive experiences with FastPass+. After all the doom and gloom on this board, I was very apprehensive, but I found it balances the crowds throughout the park evenly.

I don't think you even read the threads you post on. I think you have a handful of talking points you just toss around at random...

You dodged the question the first time @WDW1974 asked - but I'll try again. Are you working for anyone in the company? Related to them? Anything of that sort? Because it certainly feels that way. I've never used the "Ignore" feature (and I've been on this board for years, I believe in reading all opinions, even those I disagree with), but you're really making me consider it.

How does longer waits at every ride make things better, anyway?

Funmeister

i assume this is why we ended up with a butterfly garden at the Flower and Garden Festival?

No. The butterfly garden at Epcot is only a fraction of the size of the pavilion planned at AK. Think of a large enclosed aviary for butterflies. The two were not connected.

Speaking of butterflies...

Disney also ordered butterflies for the main media event and release them throughout the park. They wanted to "enhance" the park with guests being literally surrounded by nature....or just the people who came for the event. That particular day was uncommonly windy and needless to say the investment of "enhancing" the park for the day/week blew away.

Mike S

Anyone ever stop and wonder if Disney built two new E-tickets at MK it might mske the park even more crowded than it already is?
Wouldn't be a problem if the other parks added things as well. What if, hypothetically, a new Indiana Jones ride opened in Adventureland at the same time Star Wars Land opened at DHS? Or even a new amazing Imagination at Epcot to go with Soarin' Over the World as well on top of the other two? Would spread crowds between the parks better than just opening things at Magic Kingdom and no where else.
I thought that with all the talk about frozen and how it would be the perfect fit in MK, and I agree, but it really isn't the park that needs more guest.
That's why MK shouldn't be the only park with Frozen. Sure it would have the ride but a show could also be put in DHS. Something more substantial than a singalong would be a great fit and could help a little to spread the Frozen crowds.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It's a brilliant way to take people money and buy a 2 day park to park ticket rather than a 2 day ticket, one day in each park. It's a rip off and everyone knows it. Just like the Disney land 2 park ticket. You can't see everything in both parks in a day, you need 2 days at Universal and probably more than 2 days at DLR. Both companies are ripping off the customers with these tickets but Universal is worse because the only way to ride HE is with a park to park ticket.

Fanboi be bichin.............

DinoInstitute

This probably already has been brought up a while ago, but with the roll out of MM+ they made new park maps--which ones do you think are better. Im looking at them now and decided to post this because of the MM+ talk, and how I can barely see anything on them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom