The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So you think I should be excluded from anything other than fast food because I want to use technology that saves me time? How nice of you to feel that everyone has to live and eat the way you say. Must be nice to be so powerful and controlling of others. I think everyone should be free to use technology to save time, you obviously don't.
If only....

And where did he say you should be excluded? Or is this more opines becoming undisputed facts....

gmajew

Premium Member
When we went to WDW in March and used MM and fastpass+ we had no issues none at all. The only thing that I did not like was the fact I could only get 3 rides a day. That sucked! But I did love not having to run to certain rides to just get my fastpass as soon as the park opened. The experience really allowed us to have a very relaxing time knowing we would get on the high traffic rides no problem.

Cesar R M

If you can't see both Uni parks in one day, you're not trying hard enough. I could easily take 2-3 days at Uni, but if need be, I can absolutely hit the highlights in one day, and if I'm feelin' like a high roller, purchasing Express would let me hit all the rides more than once.

Park hopper tickets are NOT a rip-off, not at Uni, and not at DLR. Some people don't want/need to see every ride in both parks - some people have favorites in each, and only a day to spend. Now a one day park hopper at WDW - that's a rip-off. Lose an hour, sometimes two moving between parks - can kill your day, especially for someone with limited time.

Uni found a way to incentivize park hopping. It's not a rip-off if people WANT it, and people WANT to see all the Harry Potter attractions in both parks. Uni's Potter strategy is unbelievably brilliant. You can bet your if Disney found a way to incentivize a ticket upsell they'd do it.

What's hilarious is that they think they have. MagicBands, only $12.95 on top of your $99 1 day ticket! And what does it get you? Um, well...uh...the convenience of having a wristband! And you can pay more to stick rubber character faces on it! It's AMAZING!

At least Uni's upsell incentive is an honest-to-God attraction, not some useless tan-line causing dongle.

EDIT: Plus, the two-park Potter experience supports the story. It puts distance between Hogwarts and London, just like in the movies. It's so insanely brilliant. It's the kind of thing I believe Walt would have championed - a premium immersive experience delivered just like the story demands. It tells a story in a way that NFL could never hope to, and never aspired to - it's a whole new level.

I still do not understand the need and pressure to MUST SEE EVERYTHING AT ALL COST IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

why add stress to trips?

You could get the park hopper.. enjoy the Harry potter world for a full day (dinning..etc.. included) then the next days see the rest of the parks. (note that I have never been to potter 1.0 or 2.0 but If I go, I want to suck everything like an sponge.. and not go commando running to get a ride and trash all the theming on the way)

But then, I suppose its different from people who live closer and get there a few times per year.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

How nice of you to feel that everyone has to live and eat the way you say. Must be nice to be so powerful and controlling of others. I

First, Stop skewing my words to fit whatever personal agenda you have.

second, the irony!.
Because the last rows of your comments always seem to revolve on "my opinion or nothing" regarding many subjects.

I'm starting to get the same vibe from you as I did before from the guy who only kept bashing Universal 24/7 and praising Disney for little reason at all.

As for the THEMED RESTAURANTS AT WDW AND THEME PARKS: I suppose you then go to all restaurants, ignore all the shows, looks, feels, interactions.. just to chunk food, pay and run to get out as soon as possible?
Is that your definition of "enjoying" a meal? I never said MY WAY is the only way, I just find it stupid to skip the reason most people get reservations in these priced themed restaurants.

It's akin to reserve at the california grill, chunk the food as fast you could, pay fast.. and run your way out of the restaurant while ignoring the fireworks view said restaurant has.

Last edited:

FloridaRes

There was a time when they removed vacuums from housekeepers carts, completely, except for the GF and a few other deluxes ... then they went to these sweeper things that in no way cleaned the carpeting.

Do you know for certain that WDW resorts, across the board, have housekeepers who are equipped with vacuums daily? A very serious question, btw.

(and I know the seven-figure consultant that sold Disney on the idea of not cleaning carpets!)[/QUOTE
]
Yes, I know that for sure. Here is a list of items purchased for a moderate resort in FY13, each line item has multiple purchases attached to it:

Long Vacuum Axle
Red Vacuum Bag
Red Vacuum Bags
Red Vacuum Base
Sanitaire Upright Commercial Vacuums, Mo
Sanitaire Upright Vacuum, 12, Model: SC6
Vacuum Axle
Vacuum Base
Vacuum Belt
Vacuum Belts
Vacuum Part - Gray Hood
Vacuum Part - Rear Axle
Vacuum Part - Rear Wheel
Vacuum Power Cord
Vacuum Power Cords
Vacuum Red Bag
Vacuums Belts

ParentsOf4

Bull****. Thats my buddy Joe Burbank of the Orlando Sentinel's Photo.
My post was a homage to the original post by @Cosmic Commando, not to suggest the source of the photo.

See:

Planning your next WDW vacation:
Smallprint.jpg

Planning your next Uni vacation:
red_dragon_by_caiomm-d599wlf.jpg

PhotoDave219

Yes, I know that for sure. Here is a list of items purchased for a moderate resort in FY13, each line item has multiple purchases attached to it:

Long Vacuum Axle
Red Vacuum Bag
Red Vacuum Bags
Red Vacuum Base
Sanitaire Upright Commercial Vacuums, Mo
Sanitaire Upright Vacuum, 12, Model: SC6
Vacuum Axle
Vacuum Base
Vacuum Belt
Vacuum Belts
Vacuum Part - Gray Hood
Vacuum Part - Rear Axle
Vacuum Part - Rear Wheel
Vacuum Power Cord
Vacuum Power Cords
Vacuum Red Bag
Vacuums Belts

Just because it was purchased, doesn't mean it was used.

There's a world of difference between team disney building and what really goes on in the parks or the resorts.

Also, a word to the wise. Disney watches these boards and this thread in particular. If a 42-year veteran CM working in finance is putting line items of purchases, HR would have a problem with that. Also not hard to figure out who you are.

Last edited:

seascape

If only....

And where did he say you should be excluded? Or is this more opines becoming undisputed facts....

He said "Last time I seen, you're supposed to sit down in a restaurant, enjoy the atmosphere and service, enjoy the setting and have a relaxing moment to enjoy the food. (more specifically to restaurants like BOG so you can enjoy the theming and details)
That is the supposed way to go for a sit down restaurant.

If I wanted a restaurant where you had just chunk the food as fast you could and then be gone your way.. I would have gone to McDonalds."

I don't know why I can't sit and enjoy the surroundings the way I want to and not the way someone else thinks I should. I think we still live in a free country. I know it may not be much longer because both political parties want to take our rights away.

Cesar R M

I don't know why I can't sit and enjoy the surroundings the way I want to and not the way someone else thinks I should. I think we still live in a free country. I know it may not be much longer because both political parties want to take our rights away.
:rolleyes:
You're being overly dramatic now. not need to bring your overzealous "patriotism" nor your politics paranoia to a restaurant talk.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He said "Last time I seen, you're supposed to sit down in a restaurant, enjoy the atmosphere and service, enjoy the setting and have a relaxing moment to enjoy the food. (more specifically to restaurants like BOG so you can enjoy the theming and details)
That is the supposed way to go for a sit down restaurant.

If I wanted a restaurant where you had just chunk the food as fast you could and then be gone your way.. I would have gone to McDonalds."

Spare us the martyrdom; it doesn't become the discussion. And if anyone should known from opinions, it's you. He never said you couldn't enjoy whatever you wanted....

Bairstow

It's a brilliant way to take people money and buy a 2 day park to park ticket rather than a 2 day ticket, one day in each park. It's a rip off and everyone knows it. Just like the Disney land 2 park ticket. You can't see everything in both parks in a day, you need 2 days at Universal and probably more than 2 days at DLR. Both companies are ripping off the customers with these tickets but Universal is worse because the only way to ride HE is with a park to park ticket.

While I would agree that it was shrewd of Universal to span their Potter-based offerings over both their parks, having a single attraction/transport that bridges the two areas in a useful and thematically-correct way does not constitute a "rip off". As has been discussed ad naseum, the only viable way to overcome the logistics of implementing a park-crossing attraction is to require a hopper ticket to board it.

If Universal was requiring an up-charged ticket to enter the entire Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley areas and all their respective shops, restaurants, and attractions, I might be more inclined to cry foul, but they don't, so I won't, and you shouldn't either.

The Crafty Veteran

How long out should people make Universal reservations for the DA opening? Its a little odd a quick check reveals you still have a myriad of choices for where to stay that week on Universal property, including all the Lowes resorts. Maybe the pundits might be correct in predicting it might not be as successful as phase one?

The Crafty Veteran

He asked you if they vacuum daily. All you did was confirm they have vacuums. That's two different things

If you really want to see something disgusting look at the carpet in the corners of any hotel room, Disney included. The corners will look brand new, compare that to traffic areas. I have never seen any place as bad as the All Stars or Pop Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom