Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 News on Toon Lagoon replacement? Studios attraction on chopping block?

Most important...Have you ever been to Parc Asterix?

There will be one based on a major IP, but it has not been decided which yet. And TL will likely be around until the latter part of the decade as the pipeline is jammed with other projects that will come first.

No, I haven't been. ...yet.

PhotoDave219

WDW was never intended to be a giant theme park and hotel/timeshare complex. Size is only a blessing if you know how to use it (am I right fanbois?) ...Disney has proven over the last 20 years that it has no idea how to manage such a sprawling property. It's answer since Celebration began was to sell off as much of Walt,s land as possible.

Ha! :lookaroun

Poor management seems to be the albatros that risks the future of P&R.

PhotoDave219

I would love to hear about what's being said, done, what they are thinking at TDO, and Burbank.

Nothing. Because of their supreme arrogance and misguided belief that "The guests will always come."

Nothing is being said, nothing is being done. They have the blue ocean mentality and are trying to think of how little they can do to appease the guests and continue to make egregious amounts of money.

Longhairbear

Nothing. Because of their supreme arrogance and misguided belief that "The guests will always come."

Nothing is being said, nothing is being done. They have the blue ocean mentality and are trying to think of how little they can do to appease the guests and continue to make egregious amounts of money.
Yep, I knew that part, but I mean the ones that are thinking that NGE MM+ etc. is not a Magical bullet. I thought someone other than 74 mentioned some execs are not thinking the blue ocean mentality will work.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ok, let's talk Imagination Pavilion. It has been posted that it is closing in January but you have said that it might be up to 6 years before it is replaced? Can both of these be true?

It will not take six years to replace it, that was a bit of hyperbole on my part. But you can be sure it will take much longer than it should because that is the Disney Way except when building timeshares and mini mansions.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Anybody with two functioning brain cells could see this coming. Why Iger thought Rich Ross, a television guy could run a film studio is as crazy or the finance guys they have running the theme parks.

Michael Eisner was a damn fine TV guy who did pretty damn well for himself at Paramount before coming to TWDC.

Ross had a well-earned rep as bad news from his days at Nick before ever running The Disney Channel. He's an -hole in. An industry full of them.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just something I heard about how previous plans in place were getting more money "'cos of What might happen ... when the Wizard descends on Japan". Like how Doc may be getting a ride in the OLC version of Cars Land and how the Grand Prix may not be long for this world.

Where did you hear this?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Last I heard if Iger had his way Rich Ross would still be studio chairman. John Lasseter and the Board of Directors forced Horn on him and judging by the fact that Alan Horn can see the big picture makes him in my opinion more than qualified for his job and the fact that he does not like Iger just confirms that. He obviously is not from the in-house executive insane asylum that has provided us with the Iger,Ross,Rasulo,Staggs Strategic Planning contingent

True.

Lasseter went to Board members and said that either Rich was going to leave or he was.
Iger wasn't happy, but he had no choice. Ross was gonna be his golden boy.

the.dreamfinder

Spirit, can Disney still make films under the Touchstone brand along with their deal with DreamWorks or would that not be kosher?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Question about the Grand Floridian DVC - Are there any indications that this isn't selling as well as hoped or are all the marketing emails, calls, and brochures I keep getting the norm for DVC? I don't own DVC so I am just wondering!

Normal.

I am not DVC, although family and friends are. I always am solicited. I think I may have signed up for a Samantha Brown web deal on 8/7 while watching Illuminations RoE last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom