Countdown To Fun saying goodbye.

Figments Friend

Removing the hat would help GMR's attendance, possibly causing the much needed refurb to happen and making it the iconic attraction it once was.

Add to that being able to enjoy this beautiful view again....

DHS_zps09aeab63.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Well I'm really going to miss this great parade, with its Disney Playhouse looks, dancers in bright nineteen-nineties colours, and all those Pixar characters that my family never gets utterly and completely tired of.

(yes kiddies, that's sarcasm)

Nmoody1

Surely CTF ends now so cast can rehearse for a new parade do summer (3 weeks rehearsal time for a monstrous summer parade?) that will give time for re-theming of the floats?

Just a thought!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Surely CTF ends now so cast can rehearse for a new parade do summer (3 weeks rehearsal time for a monstrous summer parade?) that will give time for re-theming of the floats?

Just a thought!
Idealy, they would be rehearsing the new parade overnight before the old one even closes...

prberk

Add to that being able to enjoy this beautiful view again....

DHS_zps09aeab63.jpg

I still say that we will likely never see that view again, or at least have it as prominent in DHS promotion, because in the real Hollywood, the original Grauman's Chinese Theatre now competes directly with Disney's El Capitan Theatre (http://elcapitan.go.com/) across the street, where Disney now owns the whole block (including Jimmy Kimmel's theatre and Disney Soda Fountain)... all of which compete with the real Grauman's Chinese theatre.

As sad as it is, I think that the real (or reel) life competition on Hollywood Boulevard affects this icon here, and more important our portrayal here of "old Hollywood," in which the Chinese Theatre was instrumental.

mm52200

Thought folks might be interested to see this internal memo sent out that Studioscentral.com posted:

Disney’s Hollywood Studios continues to offer numerous other shows for Guests, including Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage and the newly updated Disney Junior – Live on Stage!.
Why are you doing this?
We regularly and carefully review the entertainment offerings in our parks and make adjustments as part of our normal course of business.

What will happen to the Cast Members in Pixar Pals and Disney Channel Rocks?
Most of the affected Cast Members will be moved to other locations. The cast of singers from Disney Channel Rocks will have opportunities to audition for other roles.

Is a new parade being developed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
Although we are not adding a new parade at this time, we are always evaluating and refining ourofferings and considering new ideas to build upon Disney stories

Although CTF wasn't the best parade and DCR needed an updating, there's no excuse to remove two huge entertainment options with no planned replacements. DHS is a park that can use any and every single attraction, show, or parade to keep people in the park, I mean does TDO not realize that?

disnyfan89

Thought folks might be interested to see this internal memo sent out that Studioscentral.com posted:

Disney’s Hollywood Studios continues to offer numerous other shows for Guests, including Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage and the newly updated Disney Junior – Live on Stage!.
Why are you doing this?
We regularly and carefully review the entertainment offerings in our parks and make adjustments as part of our normal course of business.
What will happen to the Cast Members in Pixar Pals and Disney Channel Rocks?
Most of the affected Cast Members will be moved to other locations. The cast of singers from Disney Channel Rocks will have opportunities to audition for other roles.
Is a new parade being developed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
Although we are not adding a new parade at this time, we are always evaluating and refining ourofferings and considering new ideas to build upon Disney stories

Although CTF wasn't the best parade and DCR needed an updating, there's no excuse to remove two huge entertainment options with no planned replacements. DHS is a park that can use any and every single attraction, show, or parade to keep people in the park, I mean does TDO not realize that?

Just because Disney hasn't announced or "claims" there is no replacement doesn't mean one isn't secretly being planned for the future. If Disney has decided to discontinue a major entertainment offering like a parade, there is likely a reason beyond what we currently know. The only example we have of Disney discontinuing a parade without a replacement in the past was Tapestry of Dreams/Nations at Epcot. A park that was never designed for a parade. I saw give it till the end of the year. If we still don't have a replacement announced or an obvious reason why it was discontinued, then we can start complaining.

Californian Elitist

I still say that we will likely never see that view again, or at least have it as prominent in DHS promotion, because in the real Hollywood, the original Grauman's Chinese Theatre now competes directly with Disney's El Capitan Theatre (http://elcapitan.go.com/) across the street, where Disney now owns the whole block (including Jimmy Kimmel's theatre and Disney Soda Fountain)... all of which compete with the real Grauman's Chinese theatre.

As sad as it is, I think that the real (or reel) life competition on Hollywood Boulevard affects this icon here, and more important our portrayal here of "old Hollywood," in which the Chinese Theatre was instrumental.

The El Capitan and Grauman's aren't in competition with each other. The El Cap plays solely Disney films, with one theater, so one Disney movie at a time. Grauman's is a regular theater, two totally different motives.

aladdin2007

Killing the lousy parade and the beyond bad Disney Channel show were decisions made by new WDW Prez George Kalogridis himself.

It was to reallocate funds. As to where they will wind up, that has yet to be determined.

Interesting, wow hes onto things then now isnt he, thats great, depending on where the funds end up. Though I was kinda hoping this decision was made for hat demo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom