Countdown To Fun saying goodbye.

Mr Bill

I don't want to get into a habit of applauding cuts without any sort of replacement in sight, but I honestly think DHS would be a better park without CTF and DCR than it is today. No show in the center of the park at all is better than that obnoxious, outdated show that I can hear from the parking lot. No offense to the performers involved in either thing, you guys weren't the issue.

Genie of the Lamp

From the OPTN:

Well, here's the official advisory regarding the closures of CTF & DCR, released by Disney;
"We regularly and carefully review the entertainment offerings in our parks and make adjustments. As a result, the last performance of the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be Saturday, April 6, 2013. Although we are not adding a new parade at this time, we are always evaluating and refining our offerings and considering new ideas to build upon Disney stories."

jt04

These shows were the entertainment equivalent of the BAH. Plenty of shiny sparkly but lacking in substance. We want a park with less 'clutter' that has some self-respect. The way a Disney theme park should.

It is a process.

wdwfan22

Hopefully they will not replace the Disney channel rocks show, in my opinion that was the worst show on property. If they feel the need to bring in another parade can we go back to having the parade showcase the current Disney release. If that's not possible please and I repeat please keep it a parade and not a street/block party ... enough is enough!!

Pentacat

These shows were the entertainment equivalent of the BAH. Plenty of shiny sparkly but lacking in substance. We want a park with less 'clutter' that has some self-respect. The way a Disney theme park should.

It is a process.

Are you trying to say that Parades are somehow not a part of traditional "Disney" experience? That's just ridiculous, Parades in one form or another have been running continuously at DLP since 1960. The parades may be old or "lacking in substance" in your opinion but to have NO parades at all is far less acceptable than crappy parades.

The only reason to get rid of these parades instead of revamping or replacing them is to reduce cost in the one area that TDO really loves to cut, staff. Of course I'm sure that guests have demanded it because it clutters up the park.....?

You're right about one thing. The process is called "dumbing down the product while simultaneously achieving targeted cost reductions with limited impact to overall guest experience."

aladdin2007

Are you trying to say that Parades are somehow not a part of traditional "Disney" experience? That's just ridiculous, Parades in one form or another have been running continuously at DLP since 1960. The parades may be old or "lacking in substance" in your opinion but to have NO parades at all is far less acceptable than crappy parades.

The only reason to get rid of these parades instead of revamping or replacing them is to reduce cost in the one area that TDO really loves to cut, staff. Of course I'm sure that guests have demanded it because it clutters up the park.....?

Cutting staff/reducing cost etc was not the reason why these were cut, for a change,, George K pulled the plug on them and with good reasons. They needed to go already, and with upcoming changes afoot...I guess we will have to wait and see.

Pentacat

Cutting staff/reducing cost etc was not the reason why these were cut, for a change,, George K pulled the plug on them and with good reasons. They needed to go already, and with upcoming changes afoot...I guess we will have to wait and see.

If that's really the case then why cut them before announcing something to replace it? How many bad PR moves before someone in TDO realizes these kind of cuts with no ACTUAL replacements are a bad idea?

Crazydisneyfanluke

I know this is a slightly old thread.
I was entering the car park from world dr and saw some of the parade floats outside. This was the last Friday for SWW. Just wondering if anyone knew what was happening to the parade. Is it being trashed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom