Countdown To Fun saying goodbye.

TP2000

Just watched PPP....ok it is better then Pixar Pals. But thats not saying much. What I did noticed is the condition of the actual floats. They looked very well maintained. Very fresh. I could say it even sparkeled a bit. Unlike the floats in Pixar pals..... I hate to say it but they actually look tired. A little grungy.

What you've noticed is simply the difference in upkeep, maintenance and showmanship between Disney's two American theme park properties. It's TDA's pride, and TDO's dirty little secret (that's not so secret).

The Pixar Play Parade at DCA, that you identify as being fresh and well maintained, is actually five years old this spring. For Anaheim, a five year old parade is an aging dinosaur and nearing the very end of it's useful life. Pixar Play Parade only stuck around as long as it did because it was put on hiatus for 18 months in 2011-12 while DCA's parade route was shut down for construction. I have no doubt a replacement parade is high on TDA's list of things to tackle in 2013-14, prior to Disneyland's 60th Anniversary in 2015.

If WDW gets the Pixar Play Parade as its fourth hand-me-down parade from Anaheim in the last decade, it will be interesting to see what makes the jump out to Florida and what doesn't. The water effects from the floats and performers will be more welcome in Orlando than they are in Anaheim, for one thing.

Timothy_Q

It seem nowadays the only good things that happen to DHS is the removal of things.

Narnia, Sounds Dangerous, Countdown, Disney Channel.
With BAH, Idol and LMA still on the list.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Man, that turd on wheels is better than NOTHING...
Not to mention I know a batch of performers JUST learned DCR, so that sucks for them (though I'm glad to see it go).
In other news: maybe they'll finally have Carl come out for M&Gs since he's not busy with that stupid parade now?

WDWYankee15

Man, that turd on wheels is better than NOTHING...
Not to mention I know a batch of performers JUST learned DCR, so that sucks for them (though I'm glad to see it go).
In other news: maybe they'll finally have Carl come out for M&Gs since he's not busy with that stupid parade now?

It would be nice if they are stopping the parade for constuction (removal of BAH or something else) that they shift some of the entertainment budget from the parade to allowing for more meetings with these "rare" Pixar characters. PIXAR is the one of the hottest things with kids these days. Anyone under 20 grew up in the age of PIXAR and perhaps identify Disney more with PIXAR than anything else.

Parades are such good crowd eaters and also allow kids to see their favorite characters. They need to replace that with something, even if it is not a new parade for a period of time.

dreamscometrue

I just finished watching PPP, and I must say it's not too bad. Not as good as BPB, but waaaay better than CTF...Hopefully they can incorporate UP characters and Wall-e characters too.

Wow; so I'm really not awake yet. I was reading your post, and as a Disney fan I of course know all my acronyms, but I've been sitting here thinking "I know PPP, BPB, and CTF, but what the hell is UP?" Then, I realized it actually spells a word. :oops:

Going to get coffee...ttyl.

parker4fm

Lets dream a dream: "Spectacular, Spectacular!" Your friends from classic Disney films, Star Wars, Pixar, and The Muppets take a journey back in time to the golden age of Hollywood in this new daytime parade!

A new take on Stars & Motorcars with favorites from each offering in the park!!! Mickey and Minnie take you back in time to start the parade, The Wizard of Oz floats down the street in his hot air balloon, Mike and Sulley join the fun, The Muppets with Piggy in full on Marilyn Monroe look, Darth Vader, then Disney Villans...

aladdin2007

Lets dream a dream: "Spectacular, Spectacular!" Your friends from classic Disney films, Star Wars, Pixar, and The Muppets take a journey back in time to the golden age of Hollywood in this new daytime parade!

A new take on Stars & Motorcars with favorites from each offering in the park!!! Mickey and Minnie take you back in time to start the parade, The Wizard of Oz floats down the street in his hot air balloon, Mike and Sulley join the fun, The Muppets with Piggy in full on Marilyn Monroe look, Darth Vader, then Disney Villans...

Great idea, if only!

parker4fm

Marketing would love it...New Mickey toons coming to Disney Channel, Oz in theaters, Monsters Inc in theaters, Muppet movie coming, Star Wars movie coming, Malificent movie coming...imagine the merch sales!!!

ToTBellHop

So if we're getting the Pixar Pals Parade, it sounds like the new trend is to give Disney World all of Disneyland's old entertainment.
Well WDW was born later, so it would get all of the hand-me-downs. I hear Disneyland is almost done with their Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage...maybe we can look forward to seeing that in World Showcase Lagoon in a few years? MaliBOOMer would look great next to the Tree of Life...

Ciciwoowoo

To all the performers in the Countdown to Fun parade, thank you for doing such a great job!

I have to say, my 3 year loves that parade. We saw it the last time we were in WDW, and watch it constantly on Youtube.

I think the preschool crowd will miss it!

(I personally am hopeful that this means either a new parade or new attraction!)

dave&di

have their own theories about this on Twitter today, I can't do links, sorry :oops:

Just remembered WdwMagic have a bad relationship with these guys! Initials blocked!

There was too much too remember but they said the parade is stopping due to expansion plans basically.

Involving cars land involved a parade of cars coming out from near the RnR entrance.

BatB closing, Tangled the Musical replacing it.

Removal of hat, that will see the Chinese theatre frontage gone and Cathay Theatre (sorry can't think of its name properly) frontage and expansion.

Monsters inc coaster - Stage 1

Can't think of anymore at the minute, these are not my opinions btw!

aladdin2007

***** have their own theories about this on Twitter today, I can't do links, sorry :oops:

Just remembered WdwMagic have a bad relationship with these guys! Initials blocked!

There was too much too remember but they said the parade is stopping due to expansion plans basically.

Involving cars land involved a parade of cars coming out from near the RnR entrance.

BatB closing, Tangled the Musical replacing it.

Removal of hat, that will see the Chinese theatre frontage gone and Cathay Theatre (sorry can't think of its name properly) frontage and expansion.

Monsters inc coaster - Stage 1

Can't think of anymore at the minute, these are not my opinions btw!

I like all of this except for turning the Chinese theatre into Carthay Theater, if thats the case then I guess they really arent allowed to use the Chinese as a front main piece. But if gets the hat down then so be it. Its just the Chinese is such a nice original grand look at the studios, without making the park an eastcoast DCA.

DABIGCHEEZ

I don't know... can anyone think of some other parade from one of the parks that Disney can recycle the cars/floats and again rename/recreate a parade.

TP2000

Wow; so I'm really not awake yet. I was reading your post, and as a Disney fan I of course know all my acronyms, but I've been sitting here thinking "I know PPP, BPB, and CTF, but what the hell is UP?" Then, I realized it actually spells a word. :oops:

Going to get coffee...ttyl.

The acronyms used to baffle me too, but I've gotten pretty good at them in recent years. I'll translate for you. Here's the original text that confused you.

I just finished watching PPP, and I must say it's not too bad. Not as good as BPB, but waaaay better than CTF...Hopefully they can incorporate UP characters and Wall-e characters too.

And here's the translation of that text:

I just finished watching Pixar Play Parade [afternoon parade currently at Disney California Adventure], and I must say it's not too bad. Not as good as Block Party Bash [previous afternoon parade at Disney California Adventure, that was then shipped out in limited form to Disney Hollywood Studios], but waaaay better than Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade... Hopefully they can incorporate characters from the Disney-Pixar movies "Up!" and "Wall-e" too.

dreamscometrue

The acronyms used to baffle me too, but I've gotten pretty good at them in recent years. I'll translate for you. Here's the original text that confused you.

And here's the translation of that text:

I just finished watching Pixar Play Parade [afternoon parade currently at Disney California Adventure], and I must say it's not too bad. Not as good as Block Party Bash [previous afternoon parade at Disney California Adventure, that was then shipped out in limited form to Disney Hollywood Studios], but waaaay better than Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade... Hopefully they can incorporate characters from the Disney-Pixar movies "Up!" and "Wall-e" too.

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it. But, did you read my post really carefully? Perhaps just read it again...slowly...lol. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom