Countdown To Fun saying goodbye.

RSoxNo1

The Monster's Inc Coaster would not be along any parade route. The two may be linked, but not because of the parade route.

John

Just watched PPP....ok it is better then Pixar Pals. But thats not saying much. What I did noticed is the condition of the actual floats. They looked very well maintained. Very fresh. I could say it even sparkeled a bit. Unlike the floats in Pixar pals..... I hate to say it but they actually look tired. A little grungy. Boy how I long for the days of quality when we had Mulan. That was a parade. I mean PPP is nice but is it really that much different? You get the same charcters....just on different floats. I know....its called Pixar for a reason. But DHS isnt a Pixar park....its Hollywood studios for heavens sake. Give us a HOLLYWOOD parade. It would appeal to all ages. I see no reason you couldnt do something like this and mix in some Pixar with old Hollywood stars and such. Since Disney owns Lucas, would it kill them to throw in a couple charcters from SW? AVatar? Giant blue kitten people? Now that Oz is a hit....you could do OZ.....the vintage OZ with the original charcters...Lion, Tinman etc. SOrt of like a GMR on wheels....I dunno but the only Parade at DHS should be huge....Spectacular. Give Hollywood its due credit.

doctornick

not sure why removal of the hat is that big of a deal... of all the things I'd like Disney to do/focus on... the hat might be at the bottom of the list. While kinda in the way of the theater, DHS needs something to take a photopass photo in front of haha

Agreed. I'd be happy to see the hat gone, but it is far down on the list of things that I want. If TDO is spending the money to change something at DHS, I'd much rather it involve new attractions (or at least re-opening former space).

Thrill Seeker

Agreed. I'd be happy to see the hat gone, but it is far down on the list of things that I want. If TDO is spending the money to change something at DHS, I'd much rather it involve new attractions (or at least re-opening former space).

Removing the hat would help GMR's attendance, possibly causing the much needed refurb to happen and making it the iconic attraction it once was.

almandot

I'm confused about why removing the hat would cause this announcement. Sure it would interfere with performances for a good while but they specifically announced that both of these shows were done for good. Forever and ever. It couldn't be JUST that.

disnyfan89

Very happy to hear both of these poor offerings are closing. I never cared for CTF being a huge fan of Block Party. Was always painful to watch Disney try to take the remains of a wonderfully upbeat and energetic parade and make it into the recycled garbage that was CTF. Even if the parade performers gave it their all it was clearly budget cuts dancing down that parade route. (They couldn't even edit out the "Play, Play. It's the Play Parade" lyric. I mean really Disney? That's the best you could do?)

Lets hope some actual quality replacements are announced soon. I looked at Disney's casting website and no hints there. Only thing of interest was that the open call Vocalist auditions have been postpone.

mm52200

I hate CTF but I'll be very disappointed and upset if they get rid of it with no replacement. Also say what you will about DCR but a lot of people enjoyed that show and I hate it for the extremely talented casts of both DCR and CTF.

Taylor

You guys can have Pixar Play Parade.

If DCA is getting a new parade, it'll most likely be because of the 60th, not because TDA is feeling generous.
I'd rather WDW actually get something original for once but Pixar Play is better then Countdown to fun so I'd be happy

Taylor

I hate CTF but I'll be very disappointed and upset if they get rid of it with no replacement. Also say what you will about DCR but a lot of people enjoyed that show and I hate it for the extremely talented casts of both DCR and CTF.
I really did love the casts of both shows most hardworking parade casts on property IMO

TP2000

When they started the over hall of DCA they stopped the parades because the extent of the construction was going to disrupt the parade routes. I doubt this is the reason for the DHS parade being canceled, but you never know.

They also stopped the parades at DCA three full years after Bob Iger held a huge press conference to announce they were spending 1.2 Billion dollars to fix DCA once and for all, with tons of concept art and descriptions of every part of that multi-year extreme makeover.

The press announcement for DCA's Extreme Makeover was in October, 2007. The parades at DCA stopped in January, 2011 due to major park construction, and were on hold for about 18 months before returning in June, 2012.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom