Princess and the frog a failure?

Computer Magic

Just a quick aside to the 2D discussion, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would be so much easier to sit through if it were traditionally animated. I feel like I'm watching a video game. Hot dog!
I totally agree. Old 2d characters should never be made into 3d characters.

SirGoofy

Mediocre take for a mediocre film. Success or failure are all in the spin you want to give it. We determined this weeks ago.

Disney's looking at it as a huge disappointment. Just look at the backlash.

Is that really bad?

It's not really good.

If it keeps them current, why not? These things need to adapt.

I prefer 2D Mickey, too, but some things need to happen. 3D isn't all that bad, though.

No, Mickey's club house looks like an N64 game.

It looks WORSE than today's video games.

EPCOT Explorer

Ummmm...the cancelling of Snow Queen and King of the Elves which has led to the loss of a ton of Disney's story artists to Dreamworks, the renaming of Rapunzel.

Shall I continue?:lol:

Do we know if that's linked to PatF? The Studio has undergone lots of changes in the past few months...

stlbobby

I don not see how a film that will return about 4 times it's budget when it is all said and done--theaters and DVD's--and landed on several critics ten best lists can be considered a failure.

It may not be the blockbuster hit hoped for but it provided a solid ROI, energized the princess marketing, and broke some race barriers further expanding the Disney brand.

I just do not see how that is going to kill an entire art form.

Even if it had totally bombed, what kind of business plan is it to put the fate of an entire division on the performance of one movie? That does not seem sensible.

I truly hope all the naysayers are wrong and they keep producing handdrawn pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom