Do you think we will have the best FYL after its expansion?

Figment632

When Everest ultimately goes down to fix the Yeti, I would like to see the light leakage issues resolved. Whether it be interior rockwork around some of the exposed steel, or simply a black curtain to hide it, this should be addressed.

Ideally, the back of the mountain will also be addressed as the Mountain itself should really be completed as the forced perspective village doesn't really work.

Lastly, what really should have happened before the drop (Yeti Projection room) was some use of a tilt coaster track:

typ_tilt-coaster.jpg

Something like this to shake the track a bit (to simulate the Yeti grabbing the track) would have added that extra something to the scene. I imagine that after the fact this type of thing would be far more difficult to incorporate.

This would have been AWSOME!

_Scar

What ever it seems to me they spent to much on theming the que and one single AA than making a better ride. BTM they got it perfect great theming and a good coaster.

Have you been on Everest? You haven't even answered that.

And where do you suggest more themeing? Where does it lack?

I'd love to hear your answers.

BTW, tilt would cause the drop to be way higher and also the actual mountain. The mountain would have a bright red flashing dot. Wouldn't work.

RSoxNo1

BTW, tilt would cause the drop to be way higher and also the actual mountain. The mountain would have a bright red flashing dot. Wouldn't work.

I should clarify what I meant by the tilt. I'm not indidcating that it should be a full tilt as seen in the photo, I'm saying that even if it's on that seesaw type pivot and is shook up and down a few degrees it would be a substantial improvement over what's there currently.

For example, using the existing projection, say we're currently stationed at a 15 degree angle.

1. When the Yeti rips the back of the track, the front should drop down creating a steaper incline for a second or so (say a 20 degree angle).

2. Once the track settles back down and the Yeti disappears the track comes back up to the 15 degree angle and the train goes down the hill.

Ideally the effect would be more substantial than that (perhaps some rumbling of the track, or something that legitimately felt like the Yeti has grabbed the track or train like in Kongfrontation)

_Scar

I should clarify what I meant by the tilt. I'm not indidcating that it should be a full tilt as seen in the photo, I'm saying that even if it's on that seesaw type pivot and is shook up and down a few degrees it would be a substantial improvement over what's there currently.

For example, using the existing projection, say we're currently stationed at a 15 degree angle.

1. When the Yeti rips the back of the track, the front should drop down creating a steaper incline for a second or so (say a 20 degree angle).

2. Once the track settles back down and the Yeti disappears the track comes back up to the 15 degree angle and the train goes down the hill.

Ideally the effect would be more substantial than that (perhaps some rumbling of the track, or something that legitimately felt like the Yeti has grabbed the track or train like in Kongfrontation)

I tried to make this type of coaster in rct3, year that's my source :lookaroun, and the Tilt was hard to pull off without it being MASSIVE. I don't think it'd fit.

lazyboy97o

I must echo the sentiments that it will be hard to beat Disneyland Paris, but I sure would like to see it happen. Failure to address the western corridor and central plaza will create a disharmony that will only make the overall land look worse.

I tried to make this type of coaster in rct3, year that's my source :lookaroun, and the Tilt was hard to pull off without it being MASSIVE. I don't think it'd fit.
Because those parameters limit you to a full 90° movement. He is talking about a much smaller amount of movement.

Figment632

I have been on it at least 20 times wouldyou like a picture of me on it?

Half of the coaster is taken up by the accent wich is themed fine. The actual coaster IMO doesn't begin till yougo backwards. Besides the Yetti there is no more to look at than the Matterhorn. If you want awell themed coaster during the actual ride see BTMR.

Stitchon

I don't believe WDW's Fantasyland will be the best after the expansion simply because it's an EXPANSION, not a reworking of the area like Disneyland's New Fantasyland was. Peter Pan, Small World, Snow White, and PhilharMagic will all retain their tents, it seems, and as sad as it seems I'm thinking that the new canopy on the Mad Tea Party is nothing more than a design flourish on the concept art and not in the actual plans.

Will the expansion make the area better? Most certainly. The best? Not even close. If anything, can we all agree that, after expanding, WDW's Fantasyland will be better than Tokyo's? That's something to celebrate, no?

_Scar

I don't believe WDW's Fantasyland will be the best after the expansion simply because it's an EXPANSION, not a reworking of the area like Disneyland's New Fantasyland was. Peter Pan, Small World, Snow White, and PhilharMagic will all retain their tents, it seems, and as sad as it seems I'm thinking that the new canopy on the Mad Tea Party is nothing more than a design flourish on the concept art and not in the actual plans.

Will the expansion make the area better? Most certainly. The best? Not even close. If anything, can we all agree that, after expanding, WDW's Fantasyland will be better than Tokyo's? That's something to celebrate, no?

Our Fantasyland will have, no doubt, the most originality out of all the Fantasylands. And there are only "tents" on the signs of the ride. They aren't actual tents. :shrug:

I have been on it at least 20 times wouldyou like a picture of me on it?

Half of the coaster is taken up by the accent wich is themed fine. The actual coaster IMO doesn't begin till yougo backwards. Besides the Yetti there is no more to look at than the Matterhorn. If you want awell themed coaster during the actual ride see BTMR.

No coaster begins until after the lifthill :lol:. And there is not much more to look at because A) you are going backwards in the dark B) after projection, you are going way too fast for little details. What don't you get about that?

BTM can offer those little details because you don't go very fast on it, at all.

Figment632

Our Fantasyland will have, no doubt, the most originality out of all the Fantasylands. And there are only "tents" on the signs of the ride. They aren't actual tents. :shrug:

No coaster begins until after the lifthill :lol:. And there is not much more to look at because A) you are going backwards in the dark B) after projection, you are going way too fast for little details. What don't you get about that?

BTM can offer those little details because you don't go very fast on it, at all.

I still think I doesn't begin till you go backwards, there is no drop after the lift hill and you move rather slow. The way I look at it it doesn't start till you go backwards.

Why do you have a problem with me thinking it's the worst coaster in WDW? It's just my opinion I'm not stating anything as fact?

_Scar

I still think I doesn't begin till you go backwards, there is no drop after the lift hill and you move rather slow. The way I look at it it doesn't start till you go backwards.

Why do you have a problem with me thinking it's the worst coaster in WDW? It's just my opinion I'm not stating anything as fact?

But it is supposed to start when you go backwards :brick::lol:

Whatever. BTM can't touch EE to me:sohappy:

And I didn't realize the tilt wouldn't be 90 degrees. I must of not caught that. Interesting idea!

EPCOT Explorer

I know it's not a competition, and I know it's wrong to think that it is....:lookaroun But to beat out something in Tokyo would be one huge thing.:lookaroun:lol:

_Scar

I think most DL's beat Tokyo in TLand and FLand.

I think of it as a fun type of "who's home park is better". It's all in good fun and nothing serious. If anything, it gets you more excited to visit other parks or gets your more excited about your own home park.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, and the HM riiiiiight behing it does not help.

I think of it as a fun type of "who's home park is better". It's all in good fun and nothing serious. If anything, it gets you more excited to visit other parks or gets your more excited about your own home park.
True. Part of the experience of being a Disney Parks fan. :lol:

Iceviper123

As much Tokyo's FL and TL fall short.
They still have TDS. :cry:

_Scar

As much Tokyo's FL and TL fall short.
They still have TDS. :cry:

No other theme park deserves to be next to TDS.... maybe DAK.... but no other park! :lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

I'd like to think one day this will just magically be posted here

"Disney Sea leaked concept art for WDW"

Iceviper123

No other theme park deserves to be next to TDS.... maybe DAK.... but no other park! :lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

I'd like to think one day this will just magically be posted here

"Disney Sea leaked concept art for WDW"

I agree.
Well if I had to choose I would say DLP.

That would be a dream come true if we received a TDS park. :eek:

RSoxNo1

Roller coaster tycoon has many limitations. It doesn't have switch tracks like Everest for example.

I used the tilt coaster as an example as it has the pivot option for the track, but in the game the only option is a 90 degree angle. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I want is simple a section of track that is separate from the rest of the track. Once the car is locked onto that section of track it can pivot, rumble, shake or whatever is needed to give the effect that the Yeti has grabbed hold of the car/track.

I agree that the full 90 degree tilt would not be logistically possible in the current Everest set up, nor would it be logical in the context of the ride. I'm talking about something less drastic - however it's a pipe dream anyway so it doesn't really matter.

techiegsy

When Everest ultimately goes down to fix the Yeti, I would like to see the light leakage issues resolved. Whether it be interior rockwork around some of the exposed steel, or simply a black curtain to hide it, this should be addressed.

Ideally, the back of the mountain will also be addressed as the Mountain itself should really be completed as the forced perspective village doesn't really work.

Lastly, what really should have happened before the drop (Yeti Projection room) was some use of a tilt coaster track:

typ_tilt-coaster.jpg

Something like this to shake the track a bit (to simulate the Yeti grabbing the track) would have added that extra something to the scene. I imagine that after the fact this type of thing would be far more difficult to incorporate.

Roller coaster tycoon has many limitations. It doesn't have switch tracks like Everest for example.

I used the tilt coaster as an example as it has the pivot option for the track, but in the game the only option is a 90 degree angle. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I want is simple a section of track that is separate from the rest of the track. Once the car is locked onto that section of track it can pivot, rumble, shake or whatever is needed to give the effect that the Yeti has grabbed hold of the car/track.

I agree that the full 90 degree tilt would not be logistically possible in the current Everest set up, nor would it be logical in the context of the ride. I'm talking about something less drastic - however it's a pipe dream anyway so it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Mis-read your post... thought you were talking about using it at the top, reapply what I've written for the interior, it would work in much the same way...
I can see this working really well. You would reach the top of the mounatain and see the broken track, like normal, but then you would hear a creak and a loud snap of metal and splintering wood, accompannied by a roar, and the whole track tips forward to almost horizontal (past this would mean rethemeing of the area beheind the mountain, and I don't think it woul work without a large rework of the area beheind...) So you tip back a forth and then you sit there at horizontal for a bit and see a large hand reach around and a roar. At which point you collapse, with a loud noise, back onto the track now it's switched and continue the ride... That would certainly add another level.

"If we can dream it, we can do it"

DLP with WDW's Splash Mountain + Epcot + TDS + DHS with Cars Land + DAK = greatest Disney resort ever.

Definatly. But can we have EPCOT Center?

Now as to the whole E:E, BTMRR debate, I think they're both very good coaster in their own right. BTMRR is a coaster with many faces... It is for the younger children to have a thrilling ride and for aadults who can't quite take SM, adding to the coaster "levels" at MK, you can see it and it's easier to judge how thrilling it will be. But at night it is totally different, in many ways the coaster design is more thrilling than SM, but is usually ridden in day light, but just like SM the darkness add another level, and makes it much more thrilling.

E:E however is one of disneys bigger thrills and the major roller coaster ride at DAK, it is not for the same market as BTMRR (daytime) as most of the track is concealed and parts are spent going backwards, then you are in (at least partial) darkness for a lot of the ride. Adding to the thrill (Much like BTMRR - Nighttime) but it is very blank, theres not much to see when you're going backwards, and moving around outside. This is where Mummy gets it right, it has the stopping moments and supense (I love the fire scene) but also, even when you are on the roller coaster bit there is things to look at, which is a style that would work well in E:E. That being said, I still think it's a great coaster and I love the theming before hand...

Just look at Epcot Servos thread... here

And so I don't really have a favorite, beacuse I like both of them for different reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom