Do you think we will have the best FYL after its expansion?

SirGoofy

If WDW was to open a new park, I would say it would be about 15 years from now. That's if they are planning on fixing up their current parks.

2010-2013=MK's FYL Expansion
then they may begin fixing up Tomorrowland in MK so that probably takes about 2 to 3 years so 2014-2016
Then they may go ahead with DHS=2017-2019
Then DAK=2020-2022

That's if they do it in that order. If they do it like this I would be pleased.

I don't think there's anyway DHS and DAK would be left as is for 8-13 years.

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
I don't think there's anyway DHS and DAK would be left as is for 8-13 years.

Yeah I know... I was quite skeptical about that once I posted it.

I still do not think we will get a new park in the next 10 to 15 years. I just think Disney should fix up what they've got now and then make plans for new parks. Example: Shanghai Disneyland... Why make a new park in China when they're current park is struggling to be on par with many of the others, and it's not only Hong Kong that's struggling, to some extent so is WDW. :shrug:

SirGoofy

I still do not think we will get a new park in the next 10 to 15 years.

I don't think WDW will get one within 20 years.

I just think Disney should fix up what they've got now and then make plans for new parks. Example: Shanghai Disneyland... Why make a new park in China when they're current park is struggling to be on par with many of the others, and it's not only Hong Kong that's struggling, to some extent so is WDW. :shrug:

China is such a huge market, and Shanghai will be a completely different draw than HKDL.

And, remember, HKDL is getting a pretty large, good looking expansion.

EPCOT Explorer

Says the person who hasn't been on ANY of the Six Major Attractions? I think it's more than completely unfair to say a park isn't fantastic yet because it needs more attractions if you haven't been on really any of the attractions it does have in the first place.

:lol:
Well, perhaps time constraints/likes dislikes come to play in here.:shrug: If there had been a Traditional Dark Ride, I would have been there. Boat ride, sure. I don't feel that this park covers it's demographics as well as it could.

that said...It's still amazing. The theme and message of the park were enough to won me over, and that in itself is way more important in rides.:)

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
I don't think WDW will get one within 20 years.

China is such a huge market, and Shanghai will be a completely different draw than HKDL.

And, remember, HKDL is getting a pretty large, good looking expansion.

True but in my opinion it is yet too early to begin working on a new park. Agreed with the 20 years, we've got a lot of fixing to do here at the "World".

_Scar

Well, perhaps time constraints/likes dislikes come to play in here.:shrug: If there had been a Traditional Dark Ride, I would have been there. Boat ride, sure. I don't feel that this park covers it's demographics as well as it could.

that said...It's still amazing. The theme and message of the park were enough to won me over, and that in itself is way more important in rides.:)

Why haven't you been on the rides?! Dear God, you're missing out!

And DAK, DHS, and Epcot would be abl to maintain their attendance if they do not get something big and new within the next maybe 6 years.

I have a feeling a new park will be coming in 5 years. 5. Yea, there... I said it!

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster

And DAK, DHS, and Epcot would be abl to maintain their attendance if they do not get something big and new within the next maybe 6 years.

I have a feeling a new park will be coming in 5 years. 5. Yea, there... I said it!

It's possible. Oh and of course DAK, DHS, and EPCOT will maintain their attendance without someting bit within the next 6 years, see the only ones that really worry a lot about the parks getting something big is the fans(us). You don't really see a regular(I hope that's the right word) park guest tracking the DCA expansion, or tracking the Fantasyland Expansion, or even Space Mountain. These "regular" guests will still come to WDW with or without anything big. Example: My aunts and uncles come to Orlando and it's a must to go to the parks and they don't really notice the changes that fans like us seem to notice. Now if you speak of maintenance(safety, cleanliness, etc) then it's a completely different story.

_Scar

It's possible. Oh and of course DAK, DHS, and EPCOT will maintain their attendance without someting bit within the next 6 years, see the only ones that really worry a lot about the parks getting something big is the fans(us). You don't really see a regular(I hope that's the right word) park guest tracking the DCA expansion, or tracking the Fantasyland Expansion, or even Space Mountain. These "regular" guests will still come to WDW with or without anything big. Example: My aunts and uncles come to Orlando and it's a must to go to the parks and they don't really notice the changes that fans like us seem to notice. Now if you speak of maintenance(safety, cleanliness, etc) then it's a completely different story.

I actually meant they will not maintain their attendance, sorry for that error. Almost every Disney park is getting expanded worldwide. Kinda sad for WDW even with the new FLand, but that's already 2 years down the line. WDW's biggest draw in 2010 will be Harry Potter no doubt... which is kinda sad.

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
It is sad, but remember we still don't know what may be announced. I'm thinking a Tomorrowland Overhaul may be in the works after FYL... Or maybe something to make DHS a bit better. Who knows..?

EPCOT Explorer

No time, and no desire to ride EE back then.:shrug:

tirian

Most rides involve someone "trying to get you"

And the ride storyline is no sillier than any other storyline. I don't get why people play this card.

The ride is:

"Watch out! The curse is real!"
*oooh treasure* narrow espace
Beetles invade
*ba
"Not even the Magi can save you now! Death is the only way! Your Souls belong to me! "
*fake exit leading to photo op drop*
Brendan

So, there's only like 3 maybe. :lol:

I just LOVEEEEEEEEEE this ride SOOOOO much. You made me miss it even more writing those quotations! :eek:

There are no jump-out scares on Mummy.... Have we rode the same ride? Are you just easily scared by the treasure room figures? Hard to believe since they are delayed a few seconds.... and the queue is gorgeous! And nothing on that ride is cheap. They use such great effects for just a roller coaster. Really proud of Uni. If Harry is as good as Mummy, then it'll be a smash hit (at least in my eyes)

That's a type of scare tactic, not a literal description of my reaction.

We should get back on topic...

EPCOT Explorer

Why not? I hope you don't trash DAK if you've never been on its rides! :(
:rolleyes::mad:

Seriously, that's getting old. I DO NOT TRASH any park, or any ride. I simply critique, or want to see something for the betterment of a concept, rie or show. Seriously sick of people spinning my posts and outlook to be negative when it's not. All I am trying to to is make a informed and intellectual point.

Not blowing up on you, _Scar, just in general...:lol: Everyone seems to be tagging this into their posts lately.

And why not? No time, or desire. I'm not a roller coaster person.

_Scar

:rolleyes::mad:

Seriously, that's getting old. I DO NOT TRASH any park, or any ride. I simply critique, or want to see something for the betterment of a concept, rie or show. Seriously sick of people spinning my posts and outlook to be negative when it's not. All I am trying to to is make a informed and intellectual point.

Not blowing up on you, _Scar, just in general...:lol: Everyone seems to be tagging this into their posts lately.

I never did say you did trash DAK. I just said I hope you didn't :shrug:.

Have you at least been on Safari?

LongtimeReader

If anything, can we all agree that, after expanding, WDW's Fantasyland will be better than Tokyo's? That's something to celebrate, no?

IMO the MK's FYL already trumps TDL's. Hunny Hunt excels, but not a thing has been altered since 1983 in the rest of the land, not even signage. Semi-DL style IASW facade is nice (just cover your eyes for the interior queue), but having the Haunted Mansion next door to the old-style bare bones Dumbo ride is completely too much of a clash.

WDW1974

IMO the MK's FYL already trumps TDL's. Hunny Hunt excels, but not a thing has been altered since 1983 in the rest of the land, not even signage. Semi-DL style IASW facade is nice (just cover your eyes for the interior queue), but having the Haunted Mansion next door to the old-style bare bones Dumbo ride is completely too much of a clash.

I haven't been to TDL, but I do know the quality of what's there.

A castle that hasn't been dumbed down for little girls only (and will soon have a new attraction after having a cool and unique one for two decades). Three dark rides that are plussed significantly from MK's (SW isn't dumbed down to not scare anyone's brats) AND Hunny Hunt (an E-Ticket) AND Mansion (weird placement or not). Plus the incredibly themed Queen of Hearts.

And let's not forget the basics, things like ... show and upkeep ... and all those little Disney details.

So, no, no way at all is MK's better ... but you're entitled to your opinion.

_Scar

I haven't been to TDL, but I do know the quality of what's there.

A castle that hasn't been dumbed down for little girls only (and will soon have a new attraction after having a cool and unique one for two decades). Three dark rides that are plussed significantly from MK's (SW isn't dumbed down to not scare anyone's brats) AND Hunny Hunt (an E-Ticket) AND Mansion (weird placement or not). Plus the incredibly themed Queen of Hearts.

And let's not forget the basics, things like ... show and upkeep ... and all those little Disney details.

So, no, no way at all is MK's better ... but you're entitled to your opinion.

I've never seen you post anything positive for WDW, so I don't understand why you post here...

WDW1974, how is ours dumbed down to only little girls? BBB? Forgetting the Dream Along with Mickey show? What about Cinderella's Royal Table? Plus you have to remember children usually get payed attention to more than adults. And it just so happens that Cinderella appears more to girls than boys.

I wouldn't necesarily say there three are "plussed significantly". I've seen P.O.V.s and haven't noticed anything significantly different. Our Snow White being dumbed down shouldn't make ours any less of a great ride. Just by you calling kids frightened by a popup brats just speaks for itself... you really want the park to have things YOU want. You just want what you want and don't think about how other people might feel (kids). Their Mansion is our old mansion which is nothing to cheer about. Their PHH and Banquet Hall are there only truly unique attractions, but I still can't see them beating our Fantasyland.

Also, MK always has great show and upkeep. In fact, if anything is making Magic Kingdom better and better is their attention to show and upkeep.

EpcotServo

That still leaves Safaris (Not a thrill ride), Gorilla Falls trail (Trail), Kali River Rapids (Boat Ride!), and Countdown (Bumpy Dark Ride). And if Big Thunder Mountain teaches us anything it's that Disney thrill rides are for everyone meeting the Height Requirement. They aren't designed to frighten you. All of them are EXACTLY like Thunder Mountain: Fast Family Rides.

I know it's beyond-annoying to have pressure on this-But if you didn't you'd never try and find the time to ride the best Disney rides out there.

And yes, ride's aren't the heart and soul of the park, but they're the arms and legs. Without them, you have an idea park-Not an action park. Rides are JUST as important to knowing a park's identity. Until a person rides the important ones, they'll always be missing a part of the puzzle. (*Cough*mefiveyearsago*cough*)

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom