Seatbelt tower of terror

disney4life2008

Does anyone do this when you ride Tower Of Terror. Loosen the seatbelt and don't hang on to make the ride 100000 times better

lol. Mines be tight and I still be all over the place. But I love the ride. Its not as bad as it seems. The last time I rode it on Friday, it was the last elevator and I think we dropped about 10 times. We had went to the floor where it brings you back in and I thought it was over and we went down a couple more times. It was great.

disneydata

Does anyone do this when you ride Tower Of Terror. Loosen the seatbelt and don't hang on to make the ride 100000 times better
This can't be done anymore. Part of the procedures for loading now requires all guests to raise their hands in the air to prevent this from happening. As soon as you let go of the belt, it ratchets back in. If you're caught trying to do that, you may get kicked off the ride.

the-reason14

This can't be done anymore. Part of the procedures for loading now requires all guests to raise their hands in the air to prevent this from happening. As soon as you let go of the belt, it ratchets back in. If you're caught trying to do that, you may get kicked off the ride.

Actually I think it still can. I remember doing this during one ride, I cant remember how long ago it was or if it was even this year, but it probably was sometime in 08. They asked us to lift our hands, but my belt didnt tighten up. And once I think I sat on it in such a way that there was a lot of slack. It did make the ride wayy more thrilling lol.

disneydata

Actually I think it still can. I remember doing this during one ride, I cant remember how long ago it was or if it was even this year, but it probably was sometime in 08. They asked us to lift our hands, but my belt didnt tighten up. And once I think I sat on it in such a way that there was a lot of slack. It did make the ride wayy more thrilling lol.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

castevens

Didn't it used to be a bar that went over the entire row of people? The only reason I remember this is because I went on as a skinny young teen / preteen and I was in a row with a fat person and there was a good few inches between the top of my legs and the bar and I was flying all over the place. It was kinda really fun, but scary.

Either that, or I dreamed this entire thing . . .

disneyliv85

I swear there was a bar also. Maybe back around 2003? I'm one of those small people that gets thrown around because of lap bars hehe but it does make it a bit scarier!

Slipknot

Didn't it used to be a bar that went over the entire row of people? The only reason I remember this is because I went on as a skinny young teen / preteen and I was in a row with a fat person and there was a good few inches between the top of my legs and the bar and I was flying all over the place. It was kinda really fun, but scary.

It was real... and that is the reason they switched.

jonnyc

I loved the bar back when i was a small child! I was dissapointed when they switched too seat belts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The last time I rode it on Friday, it was the last elevator and I think we dropped about 10 times. We had went to the floor where it brings you back in and I thought it was over and we went down a couple more times. It was great.
It may have felt like it, but you only shot back up once - to the 7th Horton - and dropped again once. Profile #2.

And please, no one should attempt to trick or mess with safety equipment. It is there for a reason. If you are stupid enough to do so prey you don`t send the system 101 or injure anyone apart from yourself.

drossjr

lol. Mines be tight and I still be all over the place. But I love the ride. Its not as bad as it seems. The last time I rode it on Friday, it was the last elevator and I think we dropped about 10 times. We had went to the floor where it brings you back in and I thought it was over and we went down a couple more times. It was great.

that happened to us last year. that was awesome. i never hang on, it makes it that much better, not sure about loosening the seatbelt though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom