Seatbelt tower of terror

Jasonflz

Loosen the seat belt?

No way! When I ride I hold on as tight as I can and hope that I don't hit the ground.

btw: Not sure about this but I have heard that if let go of a penny while dropping it will float in mid air briefly.

LiveyMouse22

yeah! i don't make mine super tight on purpose like everyone else does :p i hold it back a little bit (still being safe) but you fly around sometimes and it's really funny! i also don't hold on while riding Dinosaur! you literally FLY all over the place it's insane hahaha :lol: it's funny how these little things make the rides so much better :D:sohappy:

magicmaya

Loosen the seat belt?

No way! When I ride I hold on as tight as I can and hope that I don't hit the ground.

btw: Not sure about this but I have heard that if let go of a penny while dropping it will float in mid air briefly.

this kid threw up and I looked in front of me and it was in mid air and it finally dropped to the floor when the ride was over.But this happened at california adventure.:wave::hurl:

Disneyfan2000

This can't be done anymore. Part of the procedures for loading now requires all guests to raise their hands in the air to prevent this from happening. As soon as you let go of the belt, it ratchets back in. If you're caught trying to do that, you may get kicked off the ride.

This is true. But when I site down in the seat and buckle. I pull on the belt and make a lot of slack and then take that slack and put it between my legs and squeeze them together so that slack doesn't retract. Once the doors close I hold on to the slack and now i have about 3-5 inches of "play room" just enough to come off the seat but not slip out. its amazing :p

Philo

I'm pretty amazed how few people have commented on this. DO NOT TRY TO AVOID THE SAFETY MECHANISMS!!!!

I know that giving yourself an extra couple of inches on TOT is not the same as riding a rollercoaster without a restraint but they are there to keep you safe. More importantly, even if you're the kind of person who want's to take the risk, the people sat around you probably aren't comfortable with you hurting them or seeing yourself get hurt.

A couple of inches is enough time for your body to gain momentum on a sudden drop after a rise and it can cause injury either externally or internally.

You're always asked to hold on but the rides are designed so you don't have to and yes, I do find it more fun with hands in the air but the restraints are a different matter.

Bottom line is that whilst it may be dull, you should follow the safety guidelines - there are plenty of cases of injury and death when people haven't.

goodtimes5286

:wave:

The kid did it on purpose.He was just seeing if it will float.when we were about to drop, he put his finger way in the back of his mouth :lol:
DUDE THATS SICK and WAY more inconciderate then someone else holding up an inch or 2 of belt

imo ToT was a million times better with the bar, the belt not only makes it more lame, but takes away from the rustic decour. That and ive never held on, with the belt its like holding on in the car...why??

and yes i would like to see the link too of the different ride programs :(

Jess Miller

Does anyone do this when you ride Tower Of Terror. Loosen the seatbelt and don't hang on to make the ride 100000 times better
Take it from somebody who has had their experience ruined and has also gotten kicked off of the Tower of Terror. It's embarassing, it's annoying, and just obey the rules to make it fun for everybody.

Mouse_Trap

Just out of interest, why would having a loosened belt cause a e-stop?

I presume there is a mechanism which stops the ride if a belt become unbuckled, like that which prevents it from being dispatched if one is not bucked. It's just I can't think of how the system would reliably detect such event.

BTW I'm not one to even think about trying to avoid obviously necessary safety measures.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just out of interest, why would having a loosened belt cause a e-stop?

I presume there is a mechanism which stops the ride if a belt become unbuckled, like that which prevents it from being dispatched if one is not bucked. It's just I can't think of how the system would reliably detect such event.

BTW I'm not one to even think about trying to avoid obviously necessary safety measures.
I believe that there is a sensor that detects the belt tightening. If you leave slack in it it will eventually reel back in just like a car seat belt. When that happens it will e-stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom