Seatbelt tower of terror

joannecasey

I don't do this but I will say, the bigger you are the higher you soar !! The first time I went on I was over 350lbs and went so much higher than the people I was with ... my sons thought it was hysterical ! Last time I went on I was quite a bit lighter and didn't go as high. I suppose I'll take the better health over flying higher though ... still one of my favorite rides !!

Last edited:

JoeT63

I've got a different question. How do I get DW on the ride when she HATES the feeling of falling? It is such an amazing attraction that it's a shame that she won't go on it. I almost wish they had a 'green' version once in a while where the elevator just came slowly back to earth. More could enjoy the other effects of the ride that way.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've got a different question. How do I get DW on the ride when she HATES the feeling of falling? It is such an amazing attraction that it's a shame that she won't go on it. I almost wish they had a 'green' version once in a while where the elevator just came slowly back to earth. More could enjoy the other effects of the ride that way.
Peer pressure got me on it for the first time.

cw1982

I'm just plain terrified of this ride... seriously! This is one of my biggest worries going into my trip in June HAHA... DH says it won't be a trip to WDW without riding it, but I HATE those kinds of rides. Ick.

AndyS2992

Can't believe no one has posted this moron's ride through not wearing his seatbelt:

gmo_tower_of_terror_01.jpg

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Can't believe no one has posted this moron's ride through not wearing his seatbelt:

I'm a bit perplexed how that even made it through the ride control systems...

Faulty locking mechanisms on the belt latches? Or did they know how to override the locking mechanism?

matt9112

It may have felt like it, but you only shot back up once - to the 7th Horton - and dropped again once. Profile #2.

And please, no one should attempt to trick or mess with safety equipment. It is there for a reason. If you are stupid enough to do so prey you don`t send the system 101 or injure anyone apart from yourself.

MARNI the obvious solution is the double the height of the attraction and remove the seat-belts and allow mini spacewalks.

AllydoesDisney

I'm just plain terrified of this ride... seriously! This is one of my biggest worries going into my trip in June HAHA... DH says it won't be a trip to WDW without riding it, but I HATE those kinds of rides. Ick.
Chicken. No one has died on it. Nothing happens to you. Its so great

cw1982

Chicken. No one has died on it. Nothing happens to you. Its so great

Hah! I'm totally chicken! Something about rides where you just go straight down like that... I hate them! I can do loops all day long, but drops... no thank you. I will literally probably be in tears when we get on that thing... and then I'll come here and brag about how I survived my brush with death ;)

Not even gonna lie... I booked that as our first FP+ of the day so I could get it over with and enjoy the rest of the day without it looming over my head.

R W B

Did this for the first time about a month ago and I made sure my strap was real tight and I hung on and I'm pretty sure I had my eyes closed too, lol. Don't have to worry about them stopping the ride for my restraints being lose!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Last time I was on that ride it had the bar, it was at ny knees and I left my seat about a foot, but that's enough for me, I don't need to hit the ceiling. I have a feeling I will hate those seatbelts.

Ginzuishou

When there was a bar, my brother practically stood straight up as the ride dropped. It was crazy. I bought the ride photo afterward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom