Anyone here receive any Year Of A Million Dreams prizes?

Scott75

Original Poster
In the spring of last year my wife was chosen by a CM at AK to receive a YOAMD gift. She was taken to a kiosk in the park where she was given a lanyard along with several pins.
This year she and my son were chosen again while in AK! They both received the YOAMD Mickey ears.
I was wondering how many others here received YOAMD gifts?

Ausdaddy

Yes. Many have. Some through the alternate entry and some by visiting the parks. Personally, I've won Dream Fastpasses, Ears and lanyards/pins.

disneytopdog

MK Dream Fastpass...at exit of the Winne the Pooh ride. It was not my choice to ride it but was with a kid that just had to ride it. GLAD WE DID!!!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
MK Dream Fastpass...at exit of the Winne the Pooh ride. It was not my choice to ride it but was with a kid that just had to ride it. GLAD WE DID!!!!!

We also won Dream Fastpasses at the exit to Pooh last December. It was pretty much the only prize we won in over 20 days in the parks last year.... but I remember getting lanyards at Downtown Disney. Ok, two things in 20+ days. I was never impressed with it to begin with.

Boray

We won the lanyard with pins on the boat ride in the Mexico pavillion last November. My son (8 at the time) really wanted to go on it, so we did and as we pulled in at the end of the ride, we found out we won. He likes to take full credit for our award, and never misses an opportunity to remind us! He's hoping to win again when we go at the end of this month.

shoppingnut

In all the times I've been there during this promotion, we have never won anything. However, when there in July with my nephew these really nice people stopped us as we were coming into MGM and gave us their FP lanyards, they had just won them but were leaving the park. I thought that was really cool.

DisneyGigi

In all the times I've been there during this promotion, we have never won anything. However, when there in July with my nephew these really nice people stopped us as we were coming into MGM and gave us their FP lanyards, they had just won them but were leaving the park. I thought that was really cool.

We won dream fastpasses last year at MK exiting BTMRR. This year we did not "win" anything but were given fastpasses by a family that was leaving and unable to use them at AK. I agree with you- it was so nice and so random, it being other guests giving them to us- that it was more special than winning them last year.

YankeeMouse

We won dream fastpasses getting onto the train at the Frontierland train station. That was last year. Then we won a special lanyard and two limited pins for everyone getting off Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Nothing since then. Last week when we were there, a Dream cast member made a b-line for me when I was walking through MK, my husband was getting fastpasses, and came right up to me and said "Hello," practically blocked my way. I said hello back, and he stepped away! I was wearing a shirt with Mickey icons on it, maybe it was something special the guest was supposed to say, or he had to speak to a number of people directly before he could go on to the next...I watched him go up to several people and say hello, but that was it! I was thinking, This is the BIG ONE, here it comes...then, nothing! Pretty amusing.

Tinkerbella16

Have been there numerous times since YOMD began, and haven't recieved anything. And we've never even seen the Dream Squad in the parks. Its all the just random, and luck. I am just thankful enough to even be in wdw when I'm there...that's a big enough dream for me. :wave:

FireChiefGoofy

We got Dream Fast Passes last week (10/3/08) while walking through the Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal Kingdom. We just came around the corner and were greeted by two YOAMD cast members saying our group had won! :sohappy:

Ausdaddy

We got Dream Fast Passes last week (10/3/08) while walking through the Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal Kingdom. We just came around the corner and were greeted by two YOAMD cast members saying our group had won! :sohappy:

This appears to be a lucrative location. We got lanyards there on 9/28.

Keyda

My family and I won Mickey ears at the entrance to JII. Oh my god. I was jumping up and down and screaming. It was the best thing ever.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Nothing like being thirty and acting like you are 5.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
During the summer of 2007, we got Dream Fastpasses at Disney-MGM Studios on our first day of vacation. The group of people got them at the Great Movie Ride, for being the first ones on the ride. On our last day of that trip, we also got Dream Fastpasses at The Magic Kingdom, after riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

This past June, we got Dream Fastpasses at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We received them while entering Muppet Vision 3-D. The Dream Squad actually stood pretty far down in the entrance hallway, so that they couldn't be seen. (There was no line for the attraction. I guess the Dream Squad knew that if they just stood behind the tunstiles, a mob scene would form. Those clever Dream Squad members!) Anyway, I was suprised to even find that TSMM even had a Fastpass tab, due to the fact that the ride was only a few days old.

coachz

In the spring of last year my wife was chosen by a CM at AK to receive a YOAMD gift. She was taken to a kiosk in the park where she was given a lanyard along with several pins.
This year she and my son were chosen again while in AK! They both received the YOAMD Mickey ears.
giftsI was wondering how many others here received YOAMD ?
..."wondering how many others...? 999,999 !!!!

Susan Savia

Dream Team, cast members giving out prizes, Year of a Million Dreams.....??? What's that??? :veryconfu In the 16 days we were in the parks on our last two trips never even saw any of this going on.... Ho Hummm

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

MGMBoy

I personally gave out at least 8,000+ Dream Fastpasses and 6,000+ Ears and Pin/Lanyard Sets as well as 7 stays at the Cinderella Suite, a couple Food and Wine and Supersoap packages and got to watch one person win the Disney Cruise. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom