Anyone here receive any Year Of A Million Dreams prizes?

MGMBoy

We've never won any prizes but our family is all adults, do they only give the prizes to families with young children? :confused:

No. The distributions are 100% random and impartial. Only thing that might make it more likely is if you have a really large party and are split up in multiple places at the same time. Even then only the ones at that location would get the prize. Not having small children in the group might affect where you rode but that wouldn't reduce your overall odds of winning.

pacochran

We won Dream Fastpasses last December as we got onto the Buzz Lightyear ride at MK. It made our day. We saw some people going into Mama Melaroses at DHS that had just won DVC points.

Figment632

No my girlfriend and I have been going for 5 years and we never have been picked. It is a flawed system because they only pick you if your at least a family of four. The only instance that I saw two people get picked was an elderly couple.

PoppinsFan

We were there in May and won dream fastpasses. We were at AK and just about to get on the Dinosaur ride, I think it was around 9:30 am. They awarded them to an entire group of people, probably about 25 of us. It was great!!

wdwlinz

DH & I won Dream Fastpasses 2 days in a row! first day at Epcot, exiting Innoventions. Second day at MK, exiting Haunted Mansion.

Yeah for my first post!

MGMBoy

No my girlfriend and I have been going for 5 years and we never have been picked. It is a flawed system because they only pick you if your at least a family of four. The only instance that I saw two people get picked was an elderly couple.

Not sure where you heard that they only distribute to parties of 4 or more. I personally awarded the Castle to couples on three separate occasions. It is ENTIRELY a matter of timing. Odds are higher that one of the members of your party will be in the right spot if there are 6-8 of you then if there are only 2 of you running around the parks but the winning location is randomly decided by an outside company long before the time of distribution.

MGMBoy

Exactly they only pick large groups:mad:

They had probably already awarded to 75 others and had 25 left out of 100 they needed to award. That person never said they were part of a group of 25. Just that 25 people got the prize at the same time.

eroyee

Exactly they only pick large groups:mad:
Nope, my DH and I wandered over to Journey with Figment one morning around 9:30 and just inside was the dream team. they gave us fastpasses to Epcot for the day. 2 more people came in behind us and they got them too. No kids, just adults and no large group.........was way cool.......

lbrad

YES:) We won Dream Fastpasses at MK. First day...first park...the Dream Squad bestowed a dream on us as we were exiting BTMR. What a great start to our family vacation (Aug. '08). Can't wait to go back....50 days and counting:wave:

DizneyPryncess

I won 3 pairs of mouse ears, on different days, from mailing in postcards. Every time I was ecstatic to have a package from Disney waiting for me.

I was in the parks about 6 times during the YOAMD sweepstakes but never won anything. This past July, it was the only time I ever saw the dream squad. I saw them talking with the family who had just won the castle stay - was excited for them!

SchultzFamily

DH and I and our friends won Year of a Million Dream Ears when we were exiting Splash Mountain. When we returned home from our trip last month, there was a huge box in the foyer. I couldn't imagine the stuff I'd shipped home arrived already so I anxiously opened it. It was a box of a Year of a Million Dream prizes: Mickey & Minnie plushed dolls in their Year of a Million Dream outfits, Year of a Million Dreams Photo Album, Picture Frame, Coffee Mug, Tote Bag, Tin of Candy, Lanyard with six starter pins and a Disney Gift Card. I tried to get the amount of the gift card on line--thinking it was $20 or $25, but when I logged on it said we had to call. I called and it was $385! I added it on to our depsoit for our return trip to the CSR next September. About two weeks later, we received two more sets of ears.

MGMBoy

DH and I and our friends won Year of a Million Dream Ears when we were exiting Splash Mountain. When we returned home from our trip last month, there was a huge box in the foyer. I couldn't imagine the stuff I'd shipped home arrived already so I anxiously opened it. It was a box of a Year of a Million Dream prizes: Mickey & Minnie plushed dolls in their Year of a Million Dream outfits, Year of a Million Dreams Photo Album, Picture Frame, Coffee Mug, Tote Bag, Tin of Candy, Lanyard with six starter pins and a Disney Gift Card. I tried to get the amount of the gift card on line--thinking it was $20 or $25, but when I logged on it said we had to call. I called and it was $385! I added it on to our depsoit for our return trip to the CSR next September. About two weeks later, we received two more sets of ears.

Wow! That's awesome! Know what that means? Means you won one of the bigger prizes through the main-in system but since they are the kind of things that are done same day and you were not in the parks to accept it they sent you a package worth the retail value.

sillyspook13

At the World Wide Weekend meet at Downtown Disney our group won dream ears. It was pretty early in the morning so the West Side was dead and the Dream Squad was out in the open.

Can you spot the cast member in this photo?
IMG_4266.jpg

Marcus enjoyed his ears while I enjoyed a gold star on my conscience...
IMG_4265.jpg

One member of our group also won the last lanyard of the morning.
IMG_4264.jpg

I-4Warrior

Granted, I haven't been presented the Cinderellas suite, but I've walked away with:
1) Magic Kingdom Dream Fastpass in April
2) DHS Special Park Dream Time Event in July
3) Epcot Special Park Dream Time Event in August.

All in all, I consider myself pretty lucky :wave:

Slighty

Indeedy! ^_^
While getting off of Splash Mountain a few weeks ago, there was a Cast Member at the exit handing out dream fastpasses! It was totally exciting..
But i must say, the expirience i had on Star Tours was so much cooler..
We were all sitting in the ride, waiting to be taken to Endor, and it was going rather longer then usual. then these two cast member guys came through the doors with these bags, and started opening the bags which were full of Dream Ears!! it was awesome ^_^

themerebear6453

We won a pin in a game at Animal Kingdom (you won no matter what they just played a game to make it fun for my little sister), dream fastpasses while meeting the princesses in Magic Kingdom (we also got the entire princess room to ourselves), dream fastpasses going into the preshow room for Rockin Roller Coaster, dream mickey ears going into the preshow room for Rockin Roller Coaster after waiting in line again (we were saving our passes for later when it would be more crowded), dream ears again when going to Rafiki's Planet Watch, and some silly dreams like free Ice cream and stuff (I'm not sure if that was technically a dream or just a cool thing they did). We're pretty lucky except we always try to be wherever we see the dream people plus my dad asks around as to where they've been giving out the prizes.

PoppinsFan

They awarded them to an entire group of people, probably about 25 of us. It was great!!-
I apologize for not being clearer, we did not know anyone else in this group. It was a group of us watching the Dinosaur introduction before the ride and everyone won the Fastpasses!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom