WDW RUMORS-a mini blue sky alert

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
first off, if you want to skip my text, here is the link http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/04/worlds-fourth-kingdom-at-ten.html

Honor Hunter, the writer/blogger who runs blueskydisney.blogspot.com, has updated us once again (its been around a year actually!). Here is the text that i find interesting...

"Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting the majority of the TLC over the next few years, but DAK will get some loving. One of the best bits of news for Disney Geeks/Fans in years is that "Beastly Kingdom" is not dead. It's not only dead, but the concept is apparently moving forward although slower than we'd like and is going to be different than what was originally conceived. Put that together with Steven Davison's(Vice President, Disney Creative Entertainment) plans to come up with a nighttime alternative to River of Lights and things could be downright rosy...

Come 2011(there's that year again!) or 2012 if plans shift and construction dates slip, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be the crown jewel of all five parks. Errr... oops, I meant four parks. Didn't I?"

So, it looks like that 5th adult park is pretty true. The Beastly Kingdom will be coming back, but with well known disney characters, instead of just plain old mythical creatures, and Disney's Hollywood Studios will be seeing lots of projects greenlit so it can get back to it's glory days. (PLEASE PLEASE announce Star Tours 2)

That's it! Enjoy!

-WelcomehomeOKW

fyn

first off, if you want to skip my text, here is the link http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/04/worlds-fourth-kingdom-at-ten.html

Honor Hunter, the writer/blogger who runs blueskydisney.blogspot.com, has updated us once again (its been around a year actually!). Here is the text that i find interesting...

"Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting the majority of the TLC over the next few years, but DAK will get some loving. One of the best bits of news for Disney Geeks/Fans in years is that "Beastly Kingdom" is not dead. It's not only dead, but the concept is apparently moving forward although slower than we'd like and is going to be different than what was originally conceived. Put that together with Steven Davison's(Vice President, Disney Creative Entertainment) plans to come up with a nighttime alternative to River of Lights and things could be downright rosy...

Come 2011(there's that year again!) or 2012 if plans shift and construction dates slip, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be the crown jewel of all five parks. Errr... oops, I meant four parks. Didn't I?"

So, it looks like that 5th adult park is pretty true. The Beastly Kingdom will be coming back, but with well known disney characters, instead of just plain old mythical creatures, and Disney's Hollywood Studios will be seeing lots of projects greenlit so it can get back to it's glory days. (PLEASE PLEASE announce Star Tours 2)

That's it! Enjoy!

-WelcomehomeOKW

I've never read that blog before. Is the writer generally pretty accurate?

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
I have been reading him for about 6-8 months and he has been pretty accurate.

He is also just a great writer. It is a pleasure reading his blog posts. If you are a disney fan, definately bookmark it.

Also, I would like to mention that in his Anaheim blue-sky alert, he mentions Star Tours getting revamped pretty soon. So, I imagine it will be at both WDW and Anaheim...fear not ppl! Star Tours 2 is coming soon!

Ausdaddy

I enjoy that blog as well. I don't see anything that Jim Hill didn't report weeks ago, though. He should have provided more detail or given us something new. Good news on the Star Tours timetable!

jt04

I enjoy that blog as well. I don't see anything that Jim Hill didn't report weeks ago, though. He should have provided more detail or given us something new. Good news on the Star Tours timetable!

You fail to realize that HH posted that months ago. Way before JH. He has proven VERY accurate and definitely has connections JH does not. It is my favorite Disney rumor blog. Well written and great graphics. A must read for WDWMagic forum fans.

bugsbunny

Speaking of Jim Hill, I saw on that website about the alligator story and the link to the Youtube video showing an alligator that took up residence in one of the pools at the end of Splash Mountain. Neat stuff!

I had a run in with two seperate gators while playing golf on the Magnolia course. One was a baby, but the other was easily 6 foot plus. When I ran into a cast memeber to tell them about it, they were quite concerned and ran off to where I told them I saw them.

bears163

with the economy going down & down i just can not believe they would add a 5th park like that. Granted it will get better at some point...hopefully, but i can not see something like that in disney world

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Beastly... dead as we knew it. As we don`t know it however...

Rivers of Lights... not dead but don`t hold your breath.

ST2... alive. Still.

Ausdaddy

You fail to realize that HH posted that months ago. Way before JH. He has proven VERY accurate and definitely has connections JH does not. It is my favorite Disney rumor blog. Well written and great graphics. A must read for WDWMagic forum fans.

Don't misunderstand. I like the blog and have it bookmarked. I agree with you, but my point was that there wasn't a lot of substance there. Just was hoping to see more details than we've seen elsewhere.

RandySavage

BlueSkyDisney seems to be more of a rumor mill than a legit source of inside info. From what I've seen there, information is picked up from around the net (Jim Hill, Al Lutz, here), a little creative speculation and common sense is thrown in and then the rumors are repackaged as "insider" Blue Sky Alerts. Nothing wrong with that, and the cynic in me appreciates the optimistic nature of his posts (like Beastly Kingdom and Star Tours 2 are in the works). But I don't believe the information presented is highly reliable.

WDWFigment

While it doesn't have the same obnoxious stlye as JHM, I'd hardly call that good writing (unless that article is not indicative of his typical quality). It could use a good deal of proofreading.

The 5th gate is a boutique park, which will appeal to those with disposable incomes to the level that they are pretty well insulated from the economic downturn.

jt04

Don't misunderstand. I like the blog and have it bookmarked. I agree with you, but my point was that there wasn't a lot of substance there. Just was hoping to see more details than we've seen elsewhere.

He is VERY careful about what information he releases so as not to get anyone in hot water. But if rumors are percolating he quite often has them first. Especially if it is DL or Pixar related.

jt04

BlueSkyDisney seems to be more of a rumor mill than a legit source of inside info. From what I've seen there, information is picked up from around the net (Jim Hill, Al Lutz, here), a little creative speculation and common sense is thrown in and then the rumors are repackaged as "insider" Blue Sky Alerts. Nothing wrong with that, and the cynic in me appreciates the optimistic nature of his posts (like Beastly Kingdom and Star Tours 2 are in the works). But I don't believe the information presented is highly reliable.

You could not be further off base. Occasionally Al Lutz gets a scoop first, but rarely anymore especially if it has to do with WDW. As for JH, just look how long ago Bluesky had the NK story compared to JH. Many many months. And I still don't think Al even knows about NK or he is in denial about it since it isn't going to Cali.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom