News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Vinnie Mac

Yeah…I Wouldn’t get too comfy in your expectations
I know it's going to be crowded but there is no way it is going to be bad as I know it (historically) can get because they even said they were never going to go to 100% capacity again even now post-pandemic.

Edit: I am a lot more worried about Universal on the other hand...

Jrb1979

I don’t mean to rain on your parade but if you’re expecting smaller crowds because of the reservation system I think you are going to be disappointed, I’m convinced they’re letting in just as many people as before, the only thing the reservation system seems to be doing is creating FOMO and increasing demand.
That and it pushes guests to all the parks and not just MK.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not 100% entirely fond of the reservation system but I'm not gonna lie, I am kinda looking forward to the parks NOT being unbearably slammed when we go next month...
Thanks, I needed a good laugh =p
according to the theme park report that comes out every year, MK attendance was 13 million in 2021. In 2019 it was 21 million. The problem is the park isn’t operating at full capacity - and - you have to pay for fast pass. So it feels just as crowded, waits are just as long, and it’s a bigger PITA experience than when they had 21 million and free fast pass. The only benefit is to their bottom line as they systematically squeeze every penny from you and every minute of productivity from the carefully calculated staffing

Last edited:

TQQQ

I know it's going to be crowded but there is no way it is going to be bad as I know it (historically) can get because they even said they were never going to go to 100% capacity again even now post-pandemic.

Today had multiple rides with over 120 min waits. It was brutal in HS today. Extremely long lines.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Finally caught up, I’ve read several posts asking if Iger will remove reservations, G+, etc and my answer is I certainly hope so. I’ve also seen several responses asking how he’d control attendance and make up the lost revenue if he did and I think the answer to both is simple… raise prices again.

I would rather pay $200 upfront for a ticket than pay $150 for a ticket and then be asked to pay $20 each to get on the good rides. The airline model needs to end immediately, Disney should not be the Spirit airlines of the theme park industry!

I have no problem with Disney raising prices to lower demand but if they do they better offer a premium product that’s worth the premium price, the nickel and diming for a constantly diminishing product is far worse than an expensive upfront cost.
Can I get an AMEN up in here!!??

TwilightZone

Use archive.is! Gets rid of those pesky paywalls
https://archive.ph/CFEfy

1669086066791.png

SilentWindODoom

Apparently it really resonates if you're a Chinese-Canadian woman between the ages of 33 and 35.* They really went after the widest possible demographic.

(I'm obviously being sarcastic, but that was basically the entire source of good press for the movie. The way it captured the experience of Chinese-Canadian tweens in Toronto in the early-00s.)

From reception I've seen, it's not that it's that niche, but that every descriptor you've seen is a demographic the film resonated with that

From Chinese-American second-or-third-generation immigrants

To Canadians from Toronto to the Maritimes to BC

To women who went through that stage in life

To tweens who are going through it now

To people who grew up during the early 00's.

The character being specific doesn't mean that you have to be that specific person to enjoy it. This conception has doomed a lot of possible diversity in entertainment.

Hocus Pocus 2 does not hurt the brand, stuff like Live action Pinnochio does. Everyone I know who's seen it HATES it.

Don't feel bad, I really liked the live-action Pinocchio.

I did too! The new character in Stromboli's troupe was a lovely addition (albeit not explored nearly enough) and I actually thought that the usual modern glaring CGI showcase worked for Pleasure Island conceptually.

I also raise my hand for Rise. It was a fun, stupid, fast-paced ride. I enjoyed the entire trilogy, although it suffers greatly from lack of vision and a scrambling in reaction to bad press by stupid people.

And I meant to mention earlier that I liked Meet the Robinsons because it actually surprised me with a twist. I generally appreciate media that can surprise me or make me feel something.

(Also I almost mentioned during the "worst Pixar movie" discussion that as a James Bond fan I kinda really love Cars 2 because I have a huge appreciation for the parody and how deeply they went into it and all the tropes, but I realized it would severely hamper my credibility.)

SingleRider

Today had multiple rides with over 120 min waits. It was brutal in HS today. Extremely long lines.
Tower has been at half capacity for a week or so. If this is for the refurb on Foxtrot, I wonder what genius thought this was a good idea right before Thanksgiving and Christmas…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We kid a lot…

But this is serious. You’re not gonna get light crowds/shorter lines. You just won’t.

It very well can be manageable…but you have to think a couple steps ahead. That’s where we are.

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Young eisner would look like the second coming around now…

But he’s old…and the world changed
A creative mind like his, might do they some good right now to have him come consult and help redirect an area.

I wonder if we'll see some other familiar names step back into the company in some role or position; Rhodes, Staggs, Rice, Weis, Mucha

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hocus Pocus 2 does not hurt the brand, stuff like Live action Pinnochio does. Everyone I know who's seen it HATES it.
Neither hurts any brand. Pinocchio is fine. The people that HATE it seem to compare it to the cartoon…which is why they need to knock this stuff off. As long as it’s just for D+…it’s fine.

What hurts the brand is too many marvel movies/shows with diminishing results…
And Pixar not being able to find new characters to latch onto…
And bombing Star Wars straight out of the theaters steeped in public disputes all the time.

That hurts

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A creative mind like his, might do they some good right now to have him come consult and help redirect an area.

I wonder if we'll see some other familiar names step back into the company in some role or position; Rhodes, Staggs, Rice, Weis, Mucha
Hard to say…

Appointing Eisner as “director emeritus” would be a strong PR move…because even though people crap all over him (mostly based on old out of context complaints on places such as this)…it is hard to dispute what his overall product was.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Hard to say…

Appointing Eisner as “director emeritus” would be a strong PR move…because even though people crap all over him (mostly based on old out of context complaints on places such as this)…it is hard to dispute what his overall product was.

This would be a genius PR move. Also he’s already had to call Mucha and at least ask her to consider returning, right? I mean, she was basically his #2 and did his bidding, which is why he was able to be so well liked while she dealt with the garbage.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This would be a genius PR move. Also he’s already had to call Mucha and at least ask her to consider returning, right? I mean, she was basically his #2 and did his bidding, which is why he was able to be so well liked while she dealt with the garbage.
She’s a fixer…and I’d say she’s be back with Braverman…but they both got the boot a year ago…so who knows.

Vegas Disney Fan

We kid a lot…

But this is serious. You’re not gonna get lifht crowds/shorter lines. You just won’t.

It very well can be manageable…but you have to think a couple steps ahead. That’s where we are.
That’s my advice also, plan for it to be packed and feel blessed if it’s not, there’s nothing worse than expecting average crowds and then showing up to chaos.

We had an amazing trip in Nov 2021 but I haven’t seen any pictures in the last 6 months that look like what we experienced a year ago.

We’ll be back in January and I’m expecting huge crowds, I hope I’m wrong but I know we’ll have fun regardless of crowds, it’s WDW, we always have fun, even when we went for New Years a few years ago and were packed in like sardines the whole time we had a blast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom