News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

BobPar

Is it out of the question to get say a real “partner” to help burden the bill these parks need? Tesla with say a speedway update and maybe promote them with Tron and an updated Space Mountain? Also Apple as much as i love the company and stock has been kinda in a rut maybe revisit that & see if they be on board with some cash infusion to finish the SE refurb and possibly love elsewhere. Not sure what other brands may or may not be on board and make sense but its something they should look at if the goal is to truly make things better and expand and do it quicker than Disneys pace

MaximumEd

Since this is a parks-centric board, I’m guessing those calling for Eisner to be brought back in some capacity are saying that due to the state of the parks. It’s unnecessary. We all know what he would need to do. Stand an inch from Iger’s ear and yell “build more stuff” over and over. I’d be willing to do that for 200k a year and save us all a bunch of money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No. Eisner was horrible. The first 10 years he was in a power sharing arrangement with Frank Wells, and that is why things went (for the most part) well. Roy and the investors wanted Wells to run the company with Eisner as his second, brought in primarily for his Hollywood clout. Eisner refused to accept that arrangement, and Wells didn't have Eisner's ego, so they gave Eisner the CEO job with Wells as president, but with the unique stipulation that Wells reported directly to the Board, not Eisner.

Eisner was the face of the company, but it was Wells who kept it moving in the right direction.

The moment Wells passed, and Eisner became the sole leader of Disney, things began going awry.

This is not out of context, it is pure and simple truth. You can track all issues to that change in the power structure. Had Wells never been there, it likely would have been a complete disaster from the get-go. But fortunately that was not allowed to happen. By the time he had complete control, the company was no longer a takeover target (though Comcast gave it a shot in Eisner's later years).

Eisner was in many ways a different kind of bad than Chapek, but he was still bad.
…I figured something like this was coming. But it’s off because it doesn’t look at the whole tenure in totality in the context of what Disney was before he arrived and what it was when he left.

Quite simply: it was 5x the company it was when he left and an international corporation. I can’t take anyone seriously who believes that to be easy to steward and instead chooses the worst moments.

If your point is Frank wells was key…then I’ll grant that. But there’s no way you can separate the two completely. And I’m sure Frank wells would disagree with your assessment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it out of the question to get say a real “partner” to help burden the bill these parks need? Tesla with say a speedway update and maybe promote them with Tron and an updated Space Mountain? Also Apple as much as i love the company and stock has been kinda in a rut maybe revisit that & see if they be on board with some cash infusion to finish the SE refurb and possibly love elsewhere. Not sure what other brands may or may not be on board and make sense but its something they should look at if the goal is to truly make things better and expand and do it quicker than Disneys pace
You mean the egomaniac that is on pace to bankrupt Twitter in 45 days? And is erratic as almost anyone we’ve seen?

The sponsorship model is also broken…but that’s due to technology as much as anything. What’s in it for companies to pay fees for signage that people have been trained to tune out in the cyber/digital world for 25 years?

Heppenheimer

Indeed. I certainly understand not liking Turning Red, but I don't get the line of argument that it was alienating because it was about Chinese-Canadian women. As neither Chinese, Canadian, nor a woman, I didn't find anything in Turning Red that was too specific or niche for me to understand and I feel like I have seen many movies that aren't about Australian men living in The Netherlands.
I don't think the movie was meant to be marketed to any one particular demographic. Seemingly like all things these days, the "too niche" debate grew out of social media comments that were probably taken out of context.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since this is a parks-centric board, I’m guessing those calling for Eisner to be brought back in some capacity are saying that due to the state of the parks. It’s unnecessary. We all know what he would need to do. Stand an inch from Iger’s ear and yell “build more stuff” over and over. I’d be willing to do that for 200k a year and save us all a bunch of money.
Actually the opposite. I would think it might be wise just to show stability and take a lot of the PR stink of what’s been a rough couple of years at Disney. They are criticized in the news cycle for things that they carefully crafted an image to avoid for a century prior.

Disney was not a “ripoff” or “incompetent”…and that had been increasingly inferred. The value - not the price - is what was key to their brand loyalty and that is being questioned.

Nothing to do with parks. It would be for an interview, a speech and some press photos.

ToTBellHop

Wow…they fired Daniel at warp speed
1669120396868.gif

BobPar

You mean the egomaniac that is on pace to bankrupt Twitter in 45 days? And is erratic as almost anyone we’ve seen?

The sponsorship model is also broken…but that’s due to technology as much as anything. What’s in it for companies to pay fees for signage that people have been trained to tune out in the cyber/digital world for 25 years?
I agree the sponsorship definitely is old school but i think certain companies sitting on cash ie Apple possibly looking for a boost may be intrigued.... Not to argue or debate this with you as well but its funny how all of a sudden Elon is a bad guy/ego maniac etc Not saying i was a huge fan either way but i watched people on these boards and all over social media drool over this guy like they did w pretty boy Josh & now he is the devil.. but im trying to stay away from turning this political.... Plenty of other electric carmakers we can use instead if elon is bad man now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree the sponsorship definitely is old school but i think certain companies sitting on cash ie Apple possibly looking for a boost may be intrigued.... Not to argue or debate this with you as well but its funny how all of a sudden Elon is a bad guy/ego maniac etc Not saying i was a huge fan either way but i watched people on these boards and all over social media drool over this guy like they did w pretty boy Josh & now he is the devil.. but im trying to stay away from turning this political.... Plenty of other electric carmakers we can use instead if elon is bad man now
I think Elon is what he is. And always has been.

Not saying anything has changed. It’s a pattern and it’s highs and lows

Mark Dunne

Well said, I've been saying that tesla should be more involved, but Mr musk may be a big issue for Disney and hard to work with, but i think magical express will return in some form, and Tron will be given an end of this year deadline to finish, also MP will go ahead in Epcot, and Play pavilion will be back on track, speculate to accumulate . wait and see

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
October 29th - November 1st
Ok…so in the fall of 2021 the northeast - primary feeder region for wdw - was still resisting travel to a certain extent. Not like 2020…but it was still lagging. The delta was was in late summer and the omicron around December/January too.

I think you need to temper what you believe is coming Your way. As Vegas says: the sure way to kill a trip to assume it’s gonna be light and realize you were unprepared for it.

Mark Dunne

Apple should be in DS with Disney only phone covers watch straps special mac book covers and screen savers that you can only get there, i think it would make sense, plus apple to look at the play pavilion see what they and imaginers can come up with , for me its a win win.i never understood why apple isn't in Disney springs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well said, I've been saying that tesla should be more involved, but Mr musk may be a big issue for Disney and hard to work with, but i think magical express will return in some form, and Tron will be given an end of this year deadline to finish, also MP will go ahead in Epcot, and Play pavilion will be back on track, speculate to accumulate . wait and see
I could see magical express being reinstituted as a really easy PR olive branch.

1. It’s not that Expensive for them
2. Recession
3. It does what it originally did: keeps you off kirkman. That is much more important now than it was when it first was designed. It’s a real threat now and wasn’t then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom