Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

He called E out to come on down & lead the party!!
IMG_5418.JPEG

IMG_5419.JPEG

I guess b/c he knows us he feels very free to call us out to participate!! 🤣
IMG_5423.JPEG

We all had a great time that evening!!
IMG_5424.JPEG

IMG_5425.JPEG

D & J doing the YMCA!!
IMG_5428.JPEG

So nice to finally be able to get a pic with Bob again!! This was the first time since Covid that we could!!
IMG_5431.JPEG

"Nobody has more fun than us!!!"
IMG_5432.JPEG

Songbird76

FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

After hanging out at Muddy Rivers for a bit we met up with the rest of the family. A handful of us hung out in the arcade for a bit!
View attachment 668581

Woo Hoo!! The River Roost had just added a charcuterie board to their menu!!
View attachment 668580

One of the absolute best CM's going!! Patrick is absolutely awesome & we always look forward to seeing him every trip!!
View attachment 668582

R was dumbfounded b/c he hadn't been there since January(6 months earlier) & Patrick immediately remembered what he drank!!
View attachment 668583

He had brought A a cupcake out for her birthday!!
View attachment 668584

Of course, we were all singing to her!!
View attachment 668585

Then it was time to sing along with Bob!!
View attachment 668586

He had all the kids up & dancing....but they weren't the only ones.....
View attachment 668587
I have a question about Bob's show. Do you need to make a reservation for the restaurant or can you usually just get in as a walkup? When I was booking our trip, I had some issues and I thought we were going to end up booking at POR, and I was actually looking forward to it, even though it was quite a bit more expensive. In the end, a CM on the phone line was able to help, so we're sticking with the original plan, but one of the things on my bucket list is to see Bob's show. But I don't know WHEN we'll do that, so I don't want to make a reservation if I don't have to....we can fit it in whenever it works out. What days is he there?

joshsprincess921

Just caught up! Sorry to hear about the start with J being sick. I felt for you all reading that as I have been in that position many times. My son gets sick like that at the slightest ill feeling in his belly and has done it at the most random times and places. Thankfully he's gotten better about it as he's gotten older. But happy to hear J was feeling better after his rest.

Enjoying the report so far!

Minnesota disney fan

I;m ashamed to say that I just caught up with your fun TR! We've had company and are getting more company in 2 days!!! Quick turn around but a lot of fun:) I especially loved the pics of POR. We will always love this place, but moved on to POFQ due to mobility issues. But we always go back to the Mill for some of the best QS food around and to shop in the store, but most of all to take in the beautiful grounds that make up POR! Can't wait for more TR.

riverside

Original Poster
One of these days I'm going to see Bob, until then I'll live through you!
I hope you do!! You will not be disappointed!!
Not sure why my quotes didn’t enter but YAY for Rivers Roost having a charcuterie board!! Also, sooo nice that you were able to see Patrick AND get your picture with YEE HAW BOB. I am thrilled he came back!!
And a good charcuterie board it was!! We always have a great time at The River Roost!!
Have any Disney plans for Early August 2023? We'll be there!
Nice!! I'll let you know if we do. We don't have anything booked for next summer yet but I'm sure that will change!!
I have a question about Bob's show. Do you need to make a reservation for the restaurant or can you usually just get in as a walkup? When I was booking our trip, I had some issues and I thought we were going to end up booking at POR, and I was actually looking forward to it, even though it was quite a bit more expensive. In the end, a CM on the phone line was able to help, so we're sticking with the original plan, but one of the things on my bucket list is to see Bob's show. But I don't know WHEN we'll do that, so I don't want to make a reservation if I don't have to....we can fit it in whenever it works out. What days is he there?
They don't take reservations there. It's quite a large lounge but you will want to get there early if you want good seats. He plays Wednesday through Saturday. His show is supposed to start around 8 but it's usually closer to 8:30. If you want good seats(it definitely adds to the show) I would plan on getting there around 7. If it's a weekend you may want to get there a little earlier than that.
I can't wait to hear about your sunglass story! I really love how you have your favorite spots that you return to each trip. What a fun time you all had with Bob!!! 🥰
Sunglass story=🤦‍♀️
Yeah, we're pretty predictable, huh?
Just caught up! Sorry to hear about the start with J being sick. I felt for you all reading that as I have been in that position many times. My son gets sick like that at the slightest ill feeling in his belly and has done it at the most random times and places. Thankfully he's gotten better about it as he's gotten older. But happy to hear J was feeling better after his rest.

Enjoying the report so far!
Thank you!! Glad you're here!!

That's a bummer but glad to hear that he's maybe grown out of it?

I;m ashamed to say that I just caught up with your fun TR! We've had company and are getting more company in 2 days!!! Quick turn around but a lot of fun:) I especially loved the pics of POR. We will always love this place, but moved on to POFQ due to mobility issues. But we always go back to the Mill for some of the best QS food around and to shop in the store, but most of all to take in the beautiful grounds that make up POR! Can't wait for more TR.
Glad you're here!!
The grounds of POR are definitely worth taking a trip there for!! Unfortunately, I feel that The Riverside Mill & Fulton's have gone down hill a bit. The gift shop doesn't have nowhere near the amount of merchandise that it used to & there aren't as many options at the food court as there once was. I still love it there though!!
I am tricky like that!
🤣🤣🤣
All caught up! Yeehaw Bob is the best. Your pics are making me miss Riverside though lol.
Yes, he is!! I'm missing it too!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

Time to head to MK!!
IMG_5433.JPEG

Look who's bag had to be searched!!:p It was nice that it wasn't me for once!!
IMG_5437.JPEG

Of course, my favorite sight!!
IMG_5438.JPEG

I guess this one comes in 2nd!!
IMG_5439.JPEG

J wanted to ride SM. R & E weren't feeling it so they rode the Peoplemover.
IMG_5440.JPEG

Can't believe he isn't making faces or hand gestures!!
IMG_5441.JPEG

IMG_3155.JPG

We got lunch at Casey's. We tend to sit in the seats closer to The Plaza just b/c it's usually easier to find open ones over there. We were concerned though b/c the parade was going to be coming through soon & we were afraid we wouldn't be able to make it to the seats.
IMG_5444.JPEG

But, we did!!
IMG_5445.JPEG

And caught a bit of the parade as it was going by!!
IMG_5447.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

On our way to Adventureland I happened to notice this. I don't recall having seen that on previous trips.
IMG_5448.JPEG

The world famous Jungle Cruise was up first!!
IMG_5449.JPEG

IMG_5450.JPEG

IMG_3156.JPEG

IMG_5452.JPEG

Followed by Pirates. No surprise, our lovely ride photo never showed up.
IMG_5453.JPEG

IMG_5454.JPEG

So, remember how the day before I bought a pair of sunglasses at The Riverside Mill? Bottom line is they were way too small for my face. I could actually feel my eyelashes rubbing against the lenses. I ended up giving them to my niece, E.
IMG_5455.JPEG

And spent too much money on these!! I swear I will never forget my sunglasses again!!
IMG_5456.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

With that we had had our fill of MK for the time being.
IMG_5459.JPEG

The Tambu Lounge was calling us!!
IMG_3157.JPEG

After a little break there we took the monorail back to MK so we could catch a boat to Fort Wilderness. We had big plans for the evening!!
IMG_5460.JPEG

See the woman in red? She was having a fit b/c another party was feeding the ducks. And she wasn't quiet about it in the least!! I was actually embarrassed for her, if you know what I mean?
IMG_5461.JPEG

IMG_3162.JPEG

Off we went!!
IMG_5463.JPEG

IMG_5464.JPEG

IMG_5465.JPEG

AKemily

That was the last trip where we would be able to get photos. My AP renewal was in August & when it was renewed in 2021 PP was still included in it. I refuse to pay for it so gone are the pictures. Half the time they don't show up anyway!
I think it's silly that Memory Maker isn't included with the APs anymore. Not to mention it now costs $170 (I feel like it used to just be like $60?) and doesn't work half the time! I would be so disappointed if I paid for that.

Fun to see your family back at Riverside!

Minnesota disney fan

A couple of things:) I did hear that the Mill doesn't have as much of a selection as they always had. I loved the make your own salad and pasta! I also heard that the store just didn't have the merch it once did too. That's all very sad! Disney has taken away too much, IMO, that made it special. It's the little things that people notice. But you are right, the grounds are always beautiful and peaceful:)
I lost my sunglasses one time at WDW in the MK, and I bought a really neat pair in the Momento Mori store. They had some unique ones at that time. Enjoying your report a bunch!

riverside

Original Poster
EEEEsssshhh… singlassesnissies are such a pain. I always pack a backup but sometimes those break before it’s their turn in the rotation!
I think I forget them b/c I really don't like wearing them so I don't think about packing them. I don't like the sweating on my face while wearing them. My problem is when it is sunny & I don't wear them my contacts seem to dry out & become very uncomfortable!!
I think it's silly that Memory Maker isn't included with the APs anymore. Not to mention it now costs $170 (I feel like it used to just be like $60?) and doesn't work half the time! I would be so disappointed if I paid for that.

Fun to see your family back at Riverside!
Amen to that!! And that is exactly why I will not pay for it!!

It is always so exciting to be back there!!🥰
You need to keep an auxiliary pair of sunglasses in your backpack that you take to WDW that just stays in there until your next trip! ;) Can't wait to hear what you had planned at Ft. Wilderness!
I probably really should!! My travel bag(talking about toiletries) is always packed & ready to go so I should just keep a pair of sunglasses in there with it!!
We had fun there but unfortunately not everything turned out the way we planned....but we made up for it!!
I'm late but I am following along!
I'm so glad you're here!!😀
I lost my sunglasses one time at WDW in the MK, and I bought a really neat pair in the Momento Mori store. They had some unique ones at that time. Enjoying your report a bunch!
I'll have to look at them the next time I'm there!!
Thank you so much!!
A couple of things:) I did hear that the Mill doesn't have as much of a selection as they always had. I loved the make your own salad and pasta! I also heard that the store just didn't have the merch it once did too. That's all very sad! Disney has taken away too much, IMO, that made it special. It's the little things that people notice. But you are right, the grounds are always beautiful and peaceful:)
I loved the make your own salad & pasta also!! Hopefully they will bring that back some day!!
The grounds are enough to keep me going back!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom