Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
I‘m still gonna need everyone to wear nametags….

Glad to see J got better. Not good to be sick at Disney.

I’m not sure I’ll even try Guardians. I definitely couldn’t hack Mission to Mars, so I don’t think I would with this either.

slipperalwaysfits

I was super excited with the close spot I was able to score! I was 6 spots from the entrance!! That's my blue CRV
I love your new little car! I'm impressed it fit everyone and the luggage!
I dropped my things off in the car & we all met up in the lobby. In no time at all we were through security & in the airport. At 4:28 we arrived at Starbucks, but they don't open until 5
Yes, this is our problem when we book those 5:15 am flights...just too early to grab any food. Or more importantly, coffee.
No sooner did he say this out came the projectile vomiting. We weren't anywhere near a trash can. E drops what's in her hands & tries to catch what she can in napkins. Even the thickest Bounty wouldn't have been a match for what was going on at that moment. Hands & napkins overloaded she runs to the nearest trash can. I drop everything(as I did that my drink starts spilling on the carpet) & take my purse off my shoulder & used the only thing I had to try & catch what I could--my bare hands. And let me tell you, poor J was still going strong. In the meantime I'm getting snippy with R as he's standing there taking it all in. I told him to go get me more napkins. He comes back with a few(& when I saw a few I mean a few) & I send him to get more. I ended up with a minimal amount on my shirt but my shoes, arms & hands were covered(thank goodness the Apple watch is waterproof;)). By this point E had J in the bathroom to clean themselves up. I went back to get, yes, more napkins to clean up the carpet as best as I could. This was going on for quite a few minutes & I'm surprised no one stopped to ask if we needed anything. Oh well, I cleaned it up as best as I could.
MAN, that's tough. Poor kiddo. Yes, that's awful and gross but I guess it's the price we pay for being parents/aunties. You were awesome to be there for J and to try and clean it all up. I bet you were really happy when you got to your room at WDW so you could change!
We stopped in here for R to get some breakfast. It was only about 9:15 but it felt like we had already put in a full day!!
Echoing again how we feel after we take those early AM flights...it feels like a full day but it's nice to get to the destination in time for a breakfast meal! 😍

For your viewing pleasure.
I LOVE J's face and I'd have the same look as you, @riverside
E & I are in the same camp. It's tolerable once per trip. Actually, if I never did it again I wouldn't be upset but with J liking it so much I'm sure we will be frequent flyers!! I was quite dizzy for awhile after. It wasn't anything major but I definitely felt it!!
I think I'm going to spend the $20 for motion-sickness glasses from Amazon. Everest makes me dizzy with more than one ride in a row. I'm not sure how I'll do with Guardians but I don't want to find out the hard way.
Wait, there's only supposed to be 4 of us in the pic!
I LOVE this tradition and look forward to it in each one of your tr's! 🤩🤩

MickeyCB

Wait, there's only supposed to be 4 of us in the pic! Oh, that's right, R feels left out every time we take this picture so he snuck in on it! We always tell him it's nothing personal but he wasn't part of the original crew for this pic many years back so he can't just assume a position in it!!
IMG_1137-1.JPEG

That's more like it!!
IMG_5330.JPEG
How many years ago was the original? You need to post a flash back photo!

Songbird76

Not late at all!! Family comes first--I hope everyone is ok!!
Thank you for the kind words!!
Everyone is fine...mostly. My MIL accidently overdosed on Insulin because she used the wrong injection pen, so her sugar plunged. Then my FIL managed to get another hernia....he's getting them weekly and has surgery scheduled in a few weeks. My husband ended up just staying with them that night to keep an eye on his mom and to talk to the doctor and nurse and I drove the kids home. But it was 1:30 am by the time my MIL's sugar was back on track and the doctor had left after pushing my FIL's hernia back in, so it was really late. We were all exhausted and I just wasn't awake enough to start reading a new TR. Things were settled enough the next morning for me to catch up! Now we just have to wait for his surgery and then hopefully everything will go back to normal.

cgersic

Man, you don't get on here over the weekend and you end up on page 4!!!
catch up bang GIF by dylans4c

Just loving the trip so far! Sorry J was sick, you can definitely tell that he's not feeling like himself in those first photos. The pics of you all in Rose and Crown are just wonderful! Thanks for bringing us along and I can't wait to read more!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So pleased to see J looking so much better in the photo with Mickey soft toy.
Thanks!! He looked like a totally different kid by then!!
I‘m still gonna need everyone to wear nametags….

Glad to see J got better. Not good to be sick at Disney.

I’m not sure I’ll even try Guardians. I definitely couldn’t hack Mission to Mars, so I don’t think I would with this either.
🤣 🤣 🤣
Let me confuse you a little more then....
I believe I mentioned this once in another TR but it was one from a few years ago so....
R & D are cousins(their mothers are sisters)
To sum it up--
D is my BIL & is R's cousin
E & A are my nieces but R's cousins
B/C of mine & R's relationship he is also their uncle!!

People get so confused when they find this out. The other night we were picking up E & her friend from soccer practice. They get in the car & I introduced myself as E's Aunt Patti. R then said, "Hi. I'm her cousin R". The girl didn't know what to think!!🤣

BTW-E & A call him Uncle R!!

I can do the green side but the orange was a one & done for me. Guardians is a cool ride but it is a bit rough!! If I never went on it again I'd be totally fine with that!!

I love your new little car! I'm impressed it fit everyone and the luggage!
Thanks! It actually has a lot of room inside but compared to my Pilot it is small. It took me a bit to get used to not having as much room. I didn't want to get another Pilot b/c of the price of fuel!!
Yes, this is our problem when we book those 5:15 am flights...just too early to grab any food. Or more importantly, coffee.
I'm surprised there aren't more things open that early.
I LOVE J's face and I'd have the same look as you, @riverside
His face is cute on that!!
I think I'm going to spend the $20 for motion-sickness glasses from Amazon. Everest makes me dizzy with more than one ride in a row. I'm not sure how I'll do with Guardians but I don't want to find out the hard way.
I'd do it too then!!
I LOVE this tradition and look forward to it in each one of your tr's! 🤩🤩
Thanks--we love it too!!
Following along!
Yay!! Glad you're here!!
I'm here, too (finally)! :joyfull:

Happy to hear that J recovered from his illness, so that he can enjoy his vacation. :)
Happy you're here!!
Thanks!! I'm glad he recovered quickly!!
Everyone is fine...mostly. My MIL accidently overdosed on Insulin because she used the wrong injection pen, so her sugar plunged. Then my FIL managed to get another hernia....he's getting them weekly and has surgery scheduled in a few weeks. My husband ended up just staying with them that night to keep an eye on his mom and to talk to the doctor and nurse and I drove the kids home. But it was 1:30 am by the time my MIL's sugar was back on track and the doctor had left after pushing my FIL's hernia back in, so it was really late. We were all exhausted and I just wasn't awake enough to start reading a new TR. Things were settled enough the next morning for me to catch up! Now we just have to wait for his surgery and then hopefully everything will go back to normal.
Oh wow!! That sounds like a lot. I hope things get better soon!!
E looks like she's ready to be done with pictures already. "Ok, I'm smiling. Can I please drink my beer now?"
You're so right!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Man, you don't get on here over the weekend and you end up on page 4!!!
catch up bang GIF by dylans4c

Just loving the trip so far! Sorry J was sick, you can definitely tell that he's not feeling like himself in those first photos. The pics of you all in Rose and Crown are just wonderful! Thanks for bringing us along and I can't wait to read more!
Thank you & I'm glad you're here!!
Yeah, he didn't look good at all but at least he bounced back quickly!!
Thanks--we love doing the Rose & Crown photos!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
How many years ago was the original? You need to post a flash back photo!
IMG_6228.jpeg

Here you go!! @MickeyCB, you really put me to work with this one!! I had to struggle to find this!! It wasn't in my ICloud. I ended up having to go through FB to find this!! So, it looks like we are coming up on our 10 year anniversary of taking this picture!! I'm going to suggest to the crew that we should head down this November to celebrate it!!🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

I was out & about early for my walk. I went over to the Boardwalk & back.
IMG_5354.JPEG

I love seeing SSE hiding a bit in the background!!
IMG_5355.JPEG

I'm sure you can guess which park we were heading to!!
IMG_3114.JPEG

Look how big that shirt is on him!! It's an adult small. I wonder why they don't make them in kids sizes? 🤔 :joyfull:
IMG_5357.JPEG

Here's a good one. As we are approaching the entrance R says, "Oh, look. There's a snowman."o_O And he was being serious!!
I then proceeded to explain to him who Baymax is.
IMG_5360.JPEG

IMG_5361.JPEG

No surprise, I'm sure, as to where our first destination was!!
IMG_5362.JPEG

We hadn't ate breakfast yet so of course we had to come here first!!
IMG_5364.JPEG

Cheers to the breakfast of champions!! Who needs Wheaties....
IMG_3117.JPEG

IMG_3118.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

Not that our crew needs an excuse to go to Baseline but it was imperative that E & I had some liquid courage for our 1st attraction of the day. J finally decided he wanted to go on TOT!! Frankly, neither E or I ever pushed for him to give it a try b/c neither one of us care for it. We both prefer to sit it out but will go on under pressure. R, on the other hand, won't think of it. The last time he went on it was about 5 years ago & he'll be the first to tell you he kicked & screamed during the drops.
IMG_5369.JPEG

Even though J wanted to try it he was very nervous. E was trying to reason with him(or who knows, maybe she was trying to talk him out of it 🤣).
IMG_5370.JPEG

No, the real purpose of this photo wasn't to take a family photo.
IMG_5371.JPEG

IMG_5372.JPEG

I guess CM's can't ask guests not to sleep on the ground?
IMG_5373.JPEG

Honestly, I don't remember what R did while we were checking into the hotel.
IMG_3119.JPEG

J's nervous alright...
IMG_5375.JPEG

The look on his face says it all along with him attacking my arm!!
IMG_5376.JPEG

@Songbird76, do you think this is E getting irritated with the picture taking or the fact that she's on the ride?
IMG_5377.JPEG

J held on to both of us during the ride.
And, of course, he absolutely loved it(much to mine & E's dismay!!:p)
It's probably safe to say we are going to be checking in more often now....

Zipadeelady

How are you on page four already!

Why is it us ladies try to catch the puke and the guys sit back and watch. I've also been covered elbow deep trying to avoid a disaster.

We walked through the shops in Italy. I bought this, I guess it's a trinket holder?, for R. He smokes cigars & brought a few with him for the trip but we didn't have an ash tray so I figured this would be a good substitute for one.
View attachment 667588

What!! An ashtray!! Kidding. Had to comment though. I love Limoncello. Especially with a bit of sweet and sour and vodka.

Unpopular opinion but I despise the Conga song:cautious: Always have.....
View attachment 667604

Guess which song we got?
View attachment 667605

That song drove me nuts when it came out and still does. There have been many comments on riders getting that song. When I eventually get to ride hopefully I'll get something different. But if not I'm sure I'll love the ride. It's my type of ride.

slipperalwaysfits

I guess CM's can't ask guests not to sleep on the ground?
Lol. That’s funny. I guess he’s just giving the poor guest as much Sade as they need.
Honestly, I don't remember what R did while we were checking into the hotel.
I always take a coffee break. I won’t ride it but S loves it. You two are amazing to do it with J!!

And Baseline—- Yes— I would 1,000% have my breakfast there, too!!

TheMouseFan

Yay!! J rode ToT and loved it! Sorry you're not fond of it, but if we are ever there at the same time again, tell him I will ride it all day long with him!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom