Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

lindawdw

It's so adorable how you have your must do photos at Rose N Crown! I love that J is being so adventurous as he gets a bit older to do all those fun rides! We love TOT but haven't done it as often as we used to since the line is always so long, and we don't get Genie+ most trips. J looks so cute in his large Baseline shirt!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
How are you on page four already!

Why is it us ladies try to catch the puke and the guys sit back and watch. I've also been covered elbow deep trying to avoid a disaster.
I know--I can't believe it either. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I promised myself to do this one in a more timely fashion than the past few.

Exactly!! Esp b/c he is an elementary school principal. He's told me stories of kids getting sick at school. I hope he at least steps into action there ;)
What!! An ashtray!! Kidding. Had to comment though. I love Limoncello. Especially with a bit of sweet and sour and vodka.
Not the size of a normal cigar ashtray but it worked! I think I've only had Limoncello one time. I'll have to try it again!
That song drove me nuts when it came out and still does. There have been many comments on riders getting that song. When I eventually get to ride hopefully I'll get something different. But if not I'm sure I'll love the ride. It's my type of ride.
Exactly the way I feel about it!! It's an annoying song to me!!
That poor CM is just standing there like “I don’t get paid enough for this.” 😂 Of all places to take a nap in HS… I mean they could at least go to one of the shows to nap in the AC 🤦🏻‍♀️
Don't I know that feeling. About 5 times at work last night that thought was running through my head!!
That would be the wise thing to do. And they wouldn't be making a spectacle of themselves then!
Lol. That’s funny. I guess he’s just giving the poor guest as much Sade as they need.
It was bizarre!!
I always take a coffee break. I won’t ride it but S loves it. You two are amazing to do it with J!!

And Baseline—- Yes— I would 1,000% have my breakfast there, too!!
We had to--or at least E did, after all she's his mother!! Since he finally got the courage to do it I think it wouldn't have been good for us to talk him out of it b/c of our own selfishness!!
All caught up!
Glad that J was feeling better after his nap!
Awesome!!
Thank you!!
Yay!! J rode ToT and loved it! Sorry you're not fond of it, but if we are ever there at the same time again, tell him I will ride it all day long with him!!
That's right, it's your favorite!! You're the best--we would definitely take you up on that!!
Oh my goodness, that person napping… who does that?!? :in pain:

Love that J was brave enough to go on ToT!
Right??
Me too--I think!!🤣
Maybe this is too generous of me, but maybe s/he was having some sort of medical issue? Did the CM call for any sort of help? 🤷‍♀️
You're definitely being too kind!! No, he didn't & truth be told we kept looking to see if something was going on but negative. And usually when there is a situation in Disney CM's seem to be there in the blink of an eye!!
That's some flexibility right there.
🤣🤣🤣
Amen!!
Probably had breakfast at Baseline too😉
And apparently can't hang!!
I was reading this last night after work & busted out laughing(in Applebee's) when I read your comment. R was looking at me like I was nuts!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's so adorable how you have your must do photos at Rose N Crown! I love that J is being so adventurous as he gets a bit older to do all those fun rides! We love TOT but haven't done it as often as we used to since the line is always so long, and we don't get Genie+ most trips. J looks so cute in his large Baseline shirt!
I really should go through all my pics one day & somehow put them all together. I'm not even sure how many times we have done it!

I'm glad too but now it's forcing us to do some things that we would prefer skip--like TOT!! Then there's something like RNRC or SM. E will go on it but after one ride she's done with it for the day. I'm usually the one that caves in & will go on something multiple times with him.

He wants to be part of the crew & wear it but it's so funny b/c it's so big on him. Esp b/c he's so skinny. I always tell him he has bird legs!!
But the funnier part about it, b/c I'm sure some out there think it's crazy for us to take him there when he could be on rides, is that he really likes going there!! And don't get in his way & eat the pickles that are on the charcuterie board. They are his favorite & he eats them all every time!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

Unfortunately, our ride photo from TOT never showed up. I was bummed b/c of it being J's first time on it. That was the last trip where we would be able to get photos. My AP renewal was in August & when it was renewed in 2021 PP was still included in it. I refuse to pay for it so gone are the pictures. Half the time they don't show up anyway!

We stopped here & got some beverages.
IMG_5380.JPEG

IMG_5381.JPEG

And enjoyed them while we watched BatB.
IMG_5382.JPEG

Afterwards we ventured over to TSL.
IMG_5383.JPEG

J & I had our crayon battle!!
IMG_5385.JPEG

IMG_3131.JPEG

Then it was time to go!!
IMG_5388.JPEG

Someone was tired!! No, he was imitating the person we saw earlier!!
IMG_5389.JPEG

When we got back we went to Stormalong Bay. That was our first & last time there on this trip. It was super crowded. We found chairs on the upper deck & trying to walk to the pool was absolute torture. The ground was so hot & it really hurt walking on it. And, we all know the fondness I have for sand.
IMG_5390.JPEG

I think we spent about an hour there then headed back.
IMG_5392.JPEG

lindawdw

That frozen drink looks delicious!!! I know that I'm in the minority, but I actually don't really enjoy the Stormalong Bay Pool at BCV. It's always so crowded and hard to find good seats and then as you said, you have to walk on the hot concrete to even get into the pool. Give me a quiet pool at these resorts where I can read, sleep and listen to my podcasts and I'm happy!

Songbird76

FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

Not that our crew needs an excuse to go to Baseline but it was imperative that E & I had some liquid courage for our 1st attraction of the day. J finally decided he wanted to go on TOT!! Frankly, neither E or I ever pushed for him to give it a try b/c neither one of us care for it. We both prefer to sit it out but will go on under pressure. R, on the other hand, won't think of it. The last time he went on it was about 5 years ago & he'll be the first to tell you he kicked & screamed during the drops.
View attachment 667833

Even though J wanted to try it he was very nervous. E was trying to reason with him(or who knows, maybe she was trying to talk him out of it 🤣).
View attachment 667834

No, the real purpose of this photo wasn't to take a family photo.
View attachment 667835

View attachment 667836

I guess CM's can't ask guests not to sleep on the ground?
View attachment 667837

Honestly, I don't remember what R did while we were checking into the hotel.
View attachment 667832

J's nervous alright...
View attachment 667838

The look on his face says it all along with him attacking my arm!!
View attachment 667839

@Songbird76, do you think this is E getting irritated with the picture taking or the fact that she's on the ride?
View attachment 667840
J held on to both of us during the ride.
And, of course, he absolutely loved it(much to mine & E's dismay!!:p)
It's probably safe to say we are going to be checking in more often now....
Oh, my daughter says she loves ToT....she'd gladly take J on it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thumbs up for J loving Guardians!

Breakfast of Champions indeed.

Lady sleeping under umbrella...

giphy.gif
Glad he did...of course, he's the only one of us that did!!

Yes, glad we're on the same page!!

I know...I still don't get it.....

giphy.gif

Sorry so late and that J felt so crummy on that first day. Work has been crazy, but I'm glad I stopped in to see what I have been missing lately. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.
Glad you're here!! Thanks but he did get better quickly--thank goodness!!
That frozen drink looks delicious!!! I know that I'm in the minority, but I actually don't really enjoy the Stormalong Bay Pool at BCV. It's always so crowded and hard to find good seats and then as you said, you have to walk on the hot concrete to even get into the pool. Give me a quiet pool at these resorts where I can read, sleep and listen to my podcasts and I'm happy!
My girl!! Although the quiet pool for us meant J & I tossing a ball around--don't worry, there wasn't anyone else there. We did have a lot of fun!!
Those pickles ARE the best part of the board! J is right!
He always goes for them first!!
Short answer? Yes.

A little of column A, a little of column B.
🤣 🤣 🤣
Oh, my daughter says she loves ToT....she'd gladly take J on it!!
She can have at it!!
Well if he ever needs a riding partner just let me know! ToT is one of my favorites!
He's all yours!! He probably would think there would be some tricks involved with you after our PCB episode!!🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

After coming back from Stormalong Bay we all got ready, hopped in an Uber & headed to.....🥰🥰🥰
IMG_5394.JPEG

We walked through the Riverside Mill & saw one of the best CM's going!!
IMG_5395.JPEG

Then we enjoyed the beautiful grounds of Riverside!!
IMG_5396.JPEG

IMG_5397.JPEG

IMG_5398.JPEG

The crew was making a beeline to Muddy Rivers!!
IMG_5399.JPEG

Gotta admit--I love this place too!!
IMG_5400.JPEG

IMG_5401.JPEG

R, of course, had his frozen Jack & Coke. He absolutely loves those!! E & I both had vodka & cranberry.
IMG_5402.JPEG

BTW--I did it again. Remember a year or so ago I left my sunglasses at home & had to buy a new pair at the Sunglass Hut in MK? So, this time I figured I would just buy a cheaper pair at the resort. Here they are--you'll see in a day or so what happened to them....
IMG_5403.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JULY 8TH

After hanging out at Muddy Rivers for a bit we met up with the rest of the family. A handful of us hung out in the arcade for a bit!
IMG_5407.JPEG

Woo Hoo!! The River Roost had just added a charcuterie board to their menu!!
IMG_5404.JPEG

One of the absolute best CM's going!! Patrick is absolutely awesome & we always look forward to seeing him every trip!!
IMG_5408.JPEG

R was dumbfounded b/c he hadn't been there since January(6 months earlier) & Patrick immediately remembered what he drank!!
IMG_5409.JPEG

He had brought A a cupcake out for her birthday!!
IMG_5410.JPEG

Of course, we were all singing to her!!
IMG_5411.JPEG

Then it was time to sing along with Bob!!
IMG_5413.JPEG

He had all the kids up & dancing....but they weren't the only ones.....
IMG_5417.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom