Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

In no time at all we arrived at Fort Wilderness!!
IMG_5467.JPEG

Now, I am not a "country, nature, woodsy" type person at all but there is a pretty cool, peaceful vibe at this resort.
IMG_5468.JPEG

We looked around for a little bit. I had only been here once before. Years ago I took my niece, B, to Mickeys Backyard BBQ.
IMG_5469.JPEG

Time to check in for the......
IMG_5470.JPEG

IMG_5471.JPEG

We were all really excited. None of us had been to this before. The day the reservations opened back up for this I had jumped online bright & early and secured them!!

I got the 1st tier seating & we were only a few tables away from the stage & it was well worth it!!
IMG_5472.JPEG

Gotta make sure those hands are clean!!
IMG_5473.JPEG

IMG_5474.JPEG

We all enjoyed the starters to our meal!!
IMG_5475.JPEG

We were all ready & excited for a great evening!!
IMG_5476.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

As much as we enjoyed the show & the food I have to say the real highlight of the meal was our waiter!! He could put a 50's waiter/waitress to shame!! He was so much fun & had us laughing the whole time!!

He threw all the straws at J & told him to do something & pass them out to everyone!!
IMG_5478.JPEG

He did what he was told....
IMG_5479.JPEG

The show started!
IMG_5481.JPEG

Out came the main course & our server put the plate of Cowboy Beans right in front of E!!
IMG_5482.JPEG

Then A got the fried chicken!!
IMG_5483.JPEG

IMG_5484.JPEG

Then the real fun began!! He made a bow out of a napkin & kept singing & swaying E's head back & forth!!
IMG_5485.JPEG

And he had the most serious face the whole time which made it even funnier!!
IMG_5487.JPEG

Ok, back to the show....
IMG_5490.JPEG

D was his next victim!!
IMG_5491.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

Super blurry picture but I think it's safe to say you can see what a great time we were having!!
IMG_3191.JPEG

IMG_5493.JPEG

Then I was the next victim!! I don't have an actual pic of it but our waiter started bringing out the desserts. He came from behind me & put the plate right on my head!!:oops:
IMG_3189.JPG

We really did enjoy the show but our waiter totally made it for us!!
IMG_5499.JPEG

Then he started picking on C!! This was the best!!
IMG_5500.JPEG

IMG_5501.JPEG

He was working on this one for awhile!!
IMG_5502.JPEG

Again, look at that serious face!! And he wasn't done with her yet!!
IMG_5503.JPEG

IMG_5504.JPEG

IMG_5505.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

This was the best!! He made her pose as......
IMG_5510.JPEG

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽
IMG_5509.JPEG

E got one last bow for the road!!
IMG_5507.JPEG

With that the show had come to an end. It was awesome & very entertaining & well worth it. But, again, the highlight was our waiter!! He was an absolute blast!!
IMG_5508.JPEG

I can't wait to see this again--& hopefully have the same waiter!!😄

fractal

SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

View attachment 669649

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽
View attachment 669648

View attachment 669646

With that the show had come to an end. It was awesome & very entertaining & well worth it. But, again, the highlight was our waiter!! He was an absolute blast!!
View attachment 669647

Absolutely love this! C as the Statue of Liberty is awesome. Amazing how much of a difference a great server can make to a meal!

SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

View attachment 669649

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽
View attachment 669648

View attachment 669646

View attachment 669647
We had a blast at Hoop-Dee-Doo several years ago!! You're absolutely right - the waiters made it awesome for us!

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
We LOVE Hoop De Doo :) We have been lucky enough to have people from our party chosen to be part of the show on a few occasions.
We camped at Fort Wilderness in February and loved it. It's a great place, but we were disappointed that Hoop Dee Do wasn't open yet :(

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Soooooooo jealous. We go every trip and had reservations on two different nights for our August trip and did not make either 😭.

I hadn’t been able to make one for our arrival night but could make one for the last night my sister and her husband was there. Then, the day before we arrive I got a ping from Touring Plans that the time we wanted the next night was available … except we had loads of issues checking into YC (no, my 17 year old DD and I do NOT want to share a king bed for 7 nights) and by the time that got sorted out it was clear that we wouldn’t make the show (the front desk managed to help me cancel the reservation for a refund).

On the day of the other reservation my sister woke up sick and we took the decision that we wouldn’t go without my sister and her husband 😢

Songbird76

I think I forget them b/c I really don't like wearing them so I don't think about packing them. I don't like the sweating on my face while wearing them. My problem is when it is sunny & I don't wear them my contacts seem to dry out & become very uncomfortable!!

Amen to that!! And that is exactly why I will not pay for it!!

It is always so exciting to be back there!!🥰

I probably really should!! My travel bag(talking about toiletries) is always packed & ready to go so I should just keep a pair of sunglasses in there with it!!
We had fun there but unfortunately not everything turned out the way we planned....but we made up for it!!

I'm so glad you're here!!😀

I'll have to look at them the next time I'm there!!
Thank you so much!!

I loved the make your own salad & pasta also!! Hopefully they will bring that back some day!!
The grounds are enough to keep me going back!!
I'm curious about the memory maker thing with the photos not working half the time. Do you use magic bands? I was reading the Unofficial guide today, and it said that you can get access to stuff like your entry tickets by phone, by magic band, or by the keys to the world card. They said that since the ride photos require access to the RFID chip thing, and if you have the card in a wallet or purse, it might not work, they think you need a magic band. But I was thinking @Tuvalu usually uses a magic band and still has problems with it, so I was just curious as to whether you also have problems even with a magic band or whether you keep whatever device in a purse or something that might block the signal.

Songbird76

SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

View attachment 669649

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽
View attachment 669648

View attachment 669646

View attachment 669647
Our server at HoopDeeDoo was great, but she didn't do any antics like this!! But the CMs at Whispering Canyon were hilarious! It's so much fun when you get a great server who plays the role well.

lindawdw

Oh my gosh, that was the best night ever! Your server's deadpan face cracked me up!!! I was noticing that the other tables didn't seem to have a waiter doing all the antics that your server did! 🤣 Those types of evenings are one in a million and just can't be duplicated. The last time we saw the Hoop De Doo show was in 1982!!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Absolutely love this! C as the Statue of Liberty is awesome. Amazing how much of a difference a great server can make to a meal!
He was very creative!! I was so glad he was our server!!
We had a blast at Hoop-Dee-Doo several years ago!! You're absolutely right - the waiters made it awesome for us!
He was so much fun!!
I love Hoop de doo! Is it still unlimited beer?? And your server, he looks like he has a face of stone.
Yes-beer & sangria!! His face of stone(b/c he never cracked a smile all evening) was what made it that much funnier!!
Hoop Dee Doo is our favorite! When I was a kid we would camp at Fort Wilderness, so it’s very nostalgic. Now that I have kids, the unlimited sangria is a nice bonus!
It was a great time!! I went with the beer but I can see where you're coming from!!
We LOVE Hoop De Doo :) We have been lucky enough to have people from our party chosen to be part of the show on a few occasions.
We camped at Fort Wilderness in February and loved it. It's a great place, but we were disappointed that Hoop Dee Do wasn't open yet :(
That's really neat!! I'm sure that was a lot of fun for them!!
I'm really glad I was able to get a reservation for that many people esp b/c they were just opening back up.
Soooooooo jealous. We go every trip and had reservations on two different nights for our August trip and did not make either 😭.
You have to go next time!!
Oh my gosh, I miss Hoop Dee Doo! I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!
Thanks!! It was so much fun!!
Joe and I are taking a quick trip in November and I've been trying to get reservations while we're there and so far no one is cancelling. Now I really want to go!
Oh--I hope something opens up for you. I would think it shouldn't be too hard with a party of 2? Touring plans has always worked for me!!
I'm curious about the memory maker thing with the photos not working half the time. Do you use magic bands? I was reading the Unofficial guide today, and it said that you can get access to stuff like your entry tickets by phone, by magic band, or by the keys to the world card. They said that since the ride photos require access to the RFID chip thing, and if you have the card in a wallet or purse, it might not work, they think you need a magic band. But I was thinking @Tuvalu usually uses a magic band and still has problems with it, so I was just curious as to whether you also have problems even with a magic band or whether you keep whatever device in a purse or something that might block the signal.
We all wear magic bands!!
Our server at HoopDeeDoo was great, but she didn't do any antics like this!! But the CMs at Whispering Canyon were hilarious! It's so much fun when you get a great server who plays the role well.
His antics were great!! He definitely added to the experience!!
I am glad you had such a great time at Hoop - we have not been in years

And with respect to the dancing ......

Chris Pratt Dancing GIF

1664399145585.png
You're too much!!🤣
Oh my gosh, that was the best night ever! Your server's deadpan face cracked me up!!! I was noticing that the other tables didn't seem to have a waiter doing all the antics that your server did! 🤣 Those types of evenings are one in a million and just can't be duplicated. The last time we saw the Hoop De Doo show was in 1982!!!

So many smiles and happy people! Love it. 🥰
It was so much fun!! His personality is what really made it!!
Wow--you're definitely due to see it again!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom