News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Andrew25

No-one is sticking guests anywhere; visiting Disney is a choice, as is going on the monorail, watching fireworks, or using the tram. I really don’t understand posts like yours that make it seem as if Disney is some high-pressure prison that people are compelled to visit against their will.

Nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere, the point I'm trying to make is that when you pay premium prices, you expect premium service. Watching the fireworks is part of the "Disney experience", and the only way to get MK is through a ferry or a monorail that packs people in tight.

LittleBuford

Nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere, the point I'm trying to make is that when you pay premium prices, you expect premium service. Watching the fireworks is part of the "Disney experience", and the only way to get MK is through a ferry or a monorail that packs people in tight.
Filling ferries and monorails to capacity is not bad service. If people can’t handle crowds, they shouldn’t visit Disney in the first place, or they should avoid the more crowded settings/situations in the parks.

Andrew25

Filling ferries and monorails to capacity is not bad service. If people can’t handle crowds, they shouldn’t visit Disney in the first place, or they should avoid the more crowded settings/situations in the parks.

So pay $129 a day and avoid the busier locations? No fireworks, e-tickets? Just Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents and Country Bear?

Californian Elitist

Are you suggesting that Disney shouldn’t fill the monorails and ferries? I’m genuinely interested in what you mean here. I don’t want to assume, just trying to clarify.

LittleBuford

So pay $129 a day and avoid the busier locations? No fireworks, e-tickets? Just Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents and Country Bear?
If you’re crowd-averse yet choose to go to a crowded theme park, then yes. Otherwise, you should go into the experience knowing that crowds are largely unavoidable (as they would be in multiple other holiday destinations).

Californian Elitist

No-one is sticking guests anywhere; visiting Disney is a choice, as is going on the monorail, watching fireworks, or using the tram. I really don’t understand posts like yours that make it seem as if Disney is some high-pressure prison that people are compelled to visit against their will.
This. I remember one day at work someone coming up to me and complaining about the crowds. I told her that she and her family could leave to make the crowds a bit lighter, if she wanted. She stared at me, then walked away.🤷🏾‍♀️ I don’t have sympathy for guests like that woman.

You’re not the only one who wants to visit Disney parks. Lots of other people want to visit, too. Share the space, deal with it, accept it, or don’t bother going at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I use to think that but I'm in the parks every week and never up until the last couple of years would encounter this. I've now witnessed several fights, especially this year.
It happens all the time…you would see it eventually.
Please, I was a coordinator in World Showcase for 2.5 years. The stories I have about violent and angry guests will (not) shock you. The stuff that happens at the MK is child's play compared to the stuff I saw.
…yep. Much worse has happened NOT on camera.
Security isn’t going to get in the middle of that either, they’d have to call Orange County. All any cast member can do is try to keep other guests away from the chaos. It’s then up to a security leader or park duty manager to decide if they want to walk the guests out, once they’ve calmed down or OC has intervened.

Agreed though, they’re both to blame, should have just walked away.
That’s why they shouldn’t have people dressed up like “fake cops” all over the place to do bad checks then. People have a false sense of security (pun)…and that, combined with the exorbitant prices allows people to relax their guard and not have normal levels of thought into what they’re doing…it’s both good for leisure and causes flashpoints. Double edged sword.

They blocked a lady from going into philharmagic…which wouldn’t have been a thought at the grocery store…
And then the response was “I’m paying alot for this…don’t you even look at me”

Just the way it is.

WDW Kip

I just got back from WDW. I am going to put it out there that the increased fights are a result of current Disney policies. Prices have gotten outrageous, stand-by lines have become unreasonable, and some people are at a breaking point. To be honest, it costs a lot of money to go to the parks, and even more to participate in Genie+ and Lightning Lane options. Disney used to offer these services for free, and now that it is an extra expense, it is just not something that everyone can afford.

As a result, people may wind up waiting in a single stand-by line for a good portion of their day. This leads to animosity and angry park goers. For me, it's a problem that Disney could fix and return to the former system. It would move more people around the parks and get people on more attractions. If guests feel valued and feel they are accomplishing more in the parks, the anger levels of guests would not rise. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of those attending the parks for the first time. How would you feel if you spent all of this money to go to the parks only to stand in lines all day in the heat? Most people on here have a certain level of expertise and can navigate the lines easily. This is not the case for everyone.

MissingDisney

You might want to read what you wrote because you are missing a key point that you are even acknowledging. ".. left the line.." Once she left the line going back to the line she was obligated to return to the end of the line. What she did was line jumping. When you see the more detailed reports it doesn't even make sense. She was apparently using one of those electric scooters that people use when they can't walk well and left her phone in it. So SHE, the person that has difficulty walking goes back instead of someone in her family that is able bodied. Sorry but the story they woman is spinning doesn't really make sense. I suspect she probably wasn't even with the others in the line and was just trying to make up an excuse for her line jumping.
No, the girl who left the line was not the one using a scooter. The scooter belonged to someone in her party. Also, the girl who left the line was 14 - 15 years old although, it’s possible she looked much older. When she went and told her family about the party pushing her around when she tried to rejoin the line, that is why her older brother was so upset. This was a kid.

Edited to add, there’s a ton of reasons that a person may require a scooter that has nothing to do with walking. That’s quite insensitive to say. Looking at my mother, she appears to be a fine, fit, woman however, she is actively dying. While she can walk to and from the lines just fine, her heart and lungs cannot take walking around Disney all day. So, a scooter it is.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I just got back from WDW. I am going to put it out there that the increased fights are a result of current Disney policies. Prices have gotten outrageous, stand-by lines have become unreasonable, and some people are at a breaking point. To be honest, it costs a lot of money to go to the parks, and even more to participate in Genie+ and Lightning Lane options. Disney used to offer these services for free, and now that it is an extra expense, it is just not something that everyone can afford.

As a result, people may wind up waiting in a single stand-by line for a good portion of their day. This leads to animosity and angry park goers. For me, it's a problem that Disney could fix and return to the former system. It would move more people around the parks and get people on more attractions. If guests feel valued and feel they are accomplishing more in the parks, the anger levels of guests would not rise. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of those attending the parks for the first time. How would you feel if you spent all of this money to go to the parks only to stand in lines all day in the heat? Most people on here have a certain level of expertise and can navigate the lines easily. This is not the case for everyone.
That might be the flash point, but the reason why they do it is simply because they can and they know there’s no real punishment… if they get trespassed, they appeal it in a year and in most cases, NOT ALL, they get reinstated. Disney has to STOP giving in to social media and make EXAMPLES of a few, and once people learn that rules are rules, lawlessness will begin to abate.

Vegas Disney Fan

I just got back from WDW. I am going to put it out there that the increased fights are a result of current Disney policies. Prices have gotten outrageous, stand-by lines have become unreasonable, and some people are at a breaking point.

Disney has always been expensive and always had lines though… I think people are just more angry.

We are bombarded 24 hours a day with negativity, primarily on TV and our phone. Politics, racial tension, social issues, economic issues, global issues, climate issues, health issues… it’s all negativity all the time. Even something as simple as a Disney movie now becomes a social battlefield filled with negativity.

My dad used to always say “what goes in comes out” and I think that’s still true, unfortunately what goes into our brains these days is anger and hostility so what comes out via our actions is also anger and hostility.

Lilofan

Disney has always been expensive and always had lines though… I think people are just more angry.

We are bombarded 24 hours a day with negativity, primarily on TV and our phone. Politics, racial tension, social issues, economic issues, global issues, climate issues, health issues… it’s all negativity all the time. Even something as simple as a Disney movie now becomes a social battlefield filled with negativity.

My dad used to always say “what goes in comes out” and I think that’s still true, unfortunately what goes into our brains these days is anger and hostility so what comes out via our actions is also anger and hostility.
WDW should partner with a company that sells CBD oil. The guests can partake to chill out.

Lilofan

Then they can trade in their T shirts from “Drinking around the World” to “Getting Chilled Around the World” I can see the limited edition ears now…
I tried, I started in Mexico made it to America but that’s it. It was lights out since I wanted to arrive alive back to the hotel.

Lilofan

I’m showing my age, but the days of drinking 12 kamikazes in one sitting is Looong over lol
I don’t recall any reports of fights but the $200 plus per person Party of the Senses at Epcot Food and Wine all u can eat at 50 food stations and unlimited alcohol from 4-9pm must be a very fun affair. Haven’t tried it yet. Hiring an Uber would be necessary after this event.

Smiley/OCD

I don’t recall any reports of fights but the $200 plus per person Party of the Senses at Epcot Food and Wine all u can eat at 50 food stations and unlimited alcohol from 4-9pm must be a very fun affair. Haven’t tried it yet. Hiring an Uber would be necessary after this event.
That does sound good, but if I did that I would sound like the “weee waaa” sound from the “Little Rascals” episode…we usually get 2 $ 100.00 wearable gift cards and eat until we’re full…a few interesting flights with beers is enough for me…DW doesn’t drink and I’m not going to risk a DUI on my scooter…lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom