News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Vegas Disney Fan

Ok, hear me out for a second. How about a big *** sign before entering any queue that says something along the lines of..” you are entering the queue for(insert whatever ride or attraction).. please go to the bathroom before getting in line, you may be here a hour or 3.. check to make sure you have your cell phone with you.. bring your childs snacks.. this could be awhile folks so do not get in line unless you do all these things. Is your whole party with you? If not , wait for them. They will not be able to go past all the people that have been waiting just to meet up with you because they decided to get a dole whip while you held their place. If you must leave the line, for any reason, take a member of your family with you because you will have to stand at the end of the line when you return, this way you will have someone to ride with you. Have a magical day!” Or something to that effect. 🙂
I doubt it would change much, most people won’t realize they forget their phone until they reach for it nor will they foresee they‘ll need the restroom in 40 minutes, signs won’t change that.

I used to laugh at our local amusement park because there’s signs in every queue saying not to climb on the fences yet every line is full of kids using the fences like a jungle gym while their parents ignore them.

We all want order but the reality is life is chaotic, no matter what we do we‘ll never completely eliminate that, about all we can do is control our reaction to it. Fortunately most people are decent human beings that don’t need to be babysat, events like this are still very rare considering tens of millions go to Disney parks every year.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

It doesn’t address bathroom emergencies (diarrhea isn’t exactly predictable), nor does it appeal to the very demographic Disney caters to - parents of potty-training-aged and/or diaper wearing children. Would you really want to stand in line for an hour behind a child who just pooped his diaper, and the family refuses to leave because they don’t want to forfeit their spot in line? Wouldn’t you RATHER they leave to change it and come back? Maybe you would just rather they not come back because of “teh rulez,” but that’s a sure fire way to **** off these families who are spending thousands of dollars on a vacation that Disney is advertising as the perfect fit for families of young children.
Just trying to come up with some sort of idea, most of it was in jest in case you didn’t get it. By the way we all pay thousands of dollars for that vacation, seniors that have been DVC members for 30 years… couples with no children…etc. Disney advertising’s covers everyone depending on which ad you happen to be watching.

natatomic

Just trying to come up with some sort of idea, most of it was in jest in case you didn’t get it. By the way we all pay thousands of dollars for that vacation, seniors that have been DVC members for 30 years… couples with no children…etc. Disney advertising’s covers everyone depending on which ad you happen to be watching.
I apologize for not catching your tone!

And of course, I know everyone who is at Disney, aside from CMs on their days off and maybe some cheap APs (which used to be my demographic), has spent thousands of dollars. Not saying parents of diapered kids deserve special treatment. What I am saying, however, is that they should not be punished simply for having children in diapers or newly potty trained kids who are still learning to read their bodies’ signals, via not letting them return to the line should their kid poop his pants midway through, because that is definitely the demographic that would be punished more than anyone if that rule were put in place.

thomas998

She didn't jump the line. She got in line with her family, realized she had forgotten something, left the line to get it and the red shorts brigade (who saw her leave) got confrontational when she tried to rejoin her family, then waited at the exit and started a fight.
You might want to read what you wrote because you are missing a key point that you are even acknowledging. ".. left the line.." Once she left the line going back to the line she was obligated to return to the end of the line. What she did was line jumping. When you see the more detailed reports it doesn't even make sense. She was apparently using one of those electric scooters that people use when they can't walk well and left her phone in it. So SHE, the person that has difficulty walking goes back instead of someone in her family that is able bodied. Sorry but the story they woman is spinning doesn't really make sense. I suspect she probably wasn't even with the others in the line and was just trying to make up an excuse for her line jumping.

bhg469

You might want to read what you wrote because you are missing a key point that you are even acknowledging. ".. left the line.." Once she left the line going back to the line she was obligated to return to the end of the line. What she did was line jumping. When you see the more detailed reports it doesn't even make sense. She was apparently using one of those electric scooters that people use when they can't walk well and left her phone in it. So SHE, the person that has difficulty walking goes back instead of someone in her family that is able bodied. Sorry but the story they woman is spinning doesn't really make sense. I suspect she probably wasn't even with the others in the line and was just trying to make up an excuse for her line jumping.
I don't think it was reported that it was her ECV.. Assuming that she wasn't able bodied is presumptuous. Regardless, a single person exiting the line for whatever reason, its not the end of the world. If she disappeared and reappeared with 3 other people? Yes, bigger problem. Still no reason to wait outside of an attraction to pick a fight.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ok, hear me out for a second. How about a big *** sign before entering any queue that says something along the lines of..” you are entering the queue for(insert whatever ride or attraction).. please go to the bathroom before getting in line, you may be here a hour or 3.. check to make sure you have your cell phone with you.. bring your childs snacks.. this could be awhile folks so do not get in line unless you do all these things. Is your whole party with you? If not , wait for them. They will not be able to go past all the people that have been waiting just to meet up with you because they decided to get a dole whip while you held their place. If you must leave the line, for any reason, take a member of your family with you because you will have to stand at the end of the line when you return, this way you will have someone to ride with you. Have a magical day!” Or something to that effect. 🙂
Fantasy answer: You'd need another line for the people lining up to read the sign.

Reality answer: Nobody reads signs anyway.

Incomudro

I don't think it was reported that it was her ECV.. Assuming that she wasn't able bodied is presumptuous. Regardless, a single person exiting the line for whatever reason, its not the end of the world. If she disappeared and reappeared with 3 other people? Yes, bigger problem. Still no reason to wait outside of an attraction to pick a fight.
I would imagine lots of words were exchanged when she got back in line.
That's what lead to the other group waiting for her at the exit.
I'm not saying that makes it ok by any means, the whole thing is terrible.
What I'm saying is that this was an escalating situation that both parties partook in.

thomas998

The article I saw on line detailed that she said she left her phone in her scooter and had to go back to get it. Now whether anyone can believe a reporter is being accurate or truthful is another thing altogether. It also mentioned she and her brother were kept from rejoining the group... So frankly I suspect that it was more of an issue of the woman and her brother were probably never in the line to begin with and were just going to try to jump in line with the rest of their clan

Goofyernmost

It doesn’t address bathroom emergencies (diarrhea isn’t exactly predictable), nor does it appeal to the very demographic Disney caters to - parents of potty-training-aged and/or diaper wearing children. Would you really want to stand in line for an hour behind a child who just pooped his diaper, and the family refuses to leave because they don’t want to forfeit their spot in line? Wouldn’t you RATHER they leave to change it and come back? Maybe you would just rather they not come back because of “teh rulez,” but that’s a sure fire way to **** off these families who are spending thousands of dollars on a vacation that Disney is advertising as the perfect fit for families of young children.
Logic works for people that aren't hell bent on being angry and a victim concerning everything including afternoon and evening thunder showers. They have a chip on their shoulders and are sure that everyone is out to screw them over. They won't stop to think that there might be an actual explainable reason for some things that happen. They are sure that if anyone even tries to get in line then that is done just to ruin their vacation. It is todays human nature, sadly!

bhg469

Now another fight at the trams. Seriously what is wrong with people how can you be that angry at the happiest place on earth. Get Therapy people
Hey now... The happiest place on earth has not had any public issues yet! Probably because their service level is better.

John park hopper

I doubt it would change much, most people won’t realize they forget their phone until they reach for it nor will they foresee they‘ll need the restroom in 40 minutes, signs won’t change that.

I used to laugh at our local amusement park because there’s signs in every queue saying not to climb on the fences yet every line is full of kids using the fences like a jungle gym while their parents ignore them.

We all want order but the reality is life is chaotic, no matter what we do we‘ll never completely eliminate that, about all we can do is control our reaction to it. Fortunately most people are decent human beings that don’t need to be babysat, events like this are still very rare considering tens of millions go to Disney parks every year.
Guess parents don't know how to read or control their kids. Times have changed if my father said don't climb on the fence we didn't because we knew there would be consequences.

bhg469

They had the infamous toontown fight in 2019 and the woman who urinated in a cup last summer, so they get that fair share of bad behavior.
I stand corrected!!! However I would pee in a cup on the regular if it meant I could have Bengal BBQ when I go to MK.

Andrew25

Now another fight at the trams. Seriously what is wrong with people how can you be that angry at the happiest place on earth. Get Therapy people

When you stick them in a smelly humid monorail after an entire day at a park that cost $125+ per person with rides featuring 60+ waits, stand in a crowd of 10,000 people feeling like cattle to watch fireworks, only to then wait again for a tram to get to your parking spot that cost $25 - people tend to get annoyed.

I actually blame guests for their behavior when incidents like these arise, but in this incident, I think Disney is to blame because there is 0 queue management for the trams. It's a free for all.

LittleBuford

When you stick them in a smelly humid monorail after an entire day at a park that cost $125+ per person with rides featuring 60+ waits, stand in a crowd of 10,000 people feeling like cattle to watch fireworks, only to then wait again for a tram to get to your parking spot that cost $25 - people tend to get annoyed.
No-one is sticking guests anywhere; visiting Disney is a choice, as is going on the monorail, watching fireworks, or using the tram. I really don’t understand posts like yours that make it seem as if Disney is some high-pressure prison that people are compelled to visit against their will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom