News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Californian Elitist

I would agree with you entirely if we were talking about situations pertaining to daily or obligatory life. We’re not, though. We’re talking about a very frivolous and avoidable thing indeed: a voluntarily undertaken holiday at an expensive and nortoriously crowded theme park in one of the hottest parts of the country. I can certainly extend my sympathy to those guests who, having never gone before, underestimate the demands and stresses of such a setting, but never to those guests who respond with aggression or violence. They and they alone bear the responsibility for their unreasonable (re)actions.
As an ex CM, I very much agree with this.

Vegas Disney Fan

Disney is no more responsible…even minimally…for anyones unacceptable actions in the parks than Love Field Dallas is responsible for what happened there the other day. People…always…are the root cause.
Or Knotts or Great America or the rec soccer league in LA where the guy was beaten to death the other day. With 350 million people some are going to be defectively violent no matter what we try.

Timmay

Or Knotts or Great America or the rec soccer league in LA where the guy was beaten to death the other day. With 350 million people some are going to be defectively violent no matter what we try.
And that violent behavior has exhibited itself in the past…most likely multiple times. Nobody just “snaps.” There is very definable pathway to violence. The individuals that are the topic of this post could have likely done this in a Home Depot parking lot, or a school sporting event. They just chose a Disney Park this instance.

Dr. Nigel Channing

When I hear people say the uptick in fights is because of park policy, expensive prices, the heat, etc, I think of domestic abusers who blame the victim for their actions. "YOU made me strike you!" It's YOUR fault I get violent sometimes..."

That is complete nonsense.
I agree Disney's policies may cause stress, headache, anger, frustration, all of the above or none of the above. But the choice to engage in violence of any kind is all on you.

flynnibus

Premium Member
When I hear people say the uptick in fights is because of park policy, expensive prices, the heat, etc, I think of domestic abusers who blame the victim for their actions. "YOU made me strike you!" It's YOUR fault I get violent sometimes..."

That is complete nonsense.
I agree Disney's policies may cause stress, headache, anger, frustration, all of the above or none of the above. But the choice to engage in violence of any kind is all on you.
So if you three everyone into thunderdome you’d expect no one to break and everyone to behave exactly as they were before being bombarded with environmental elements?

You’ve never had someone snap at someone after being tired or hot?

You must be surrounded by angels

the_rich

So if you three everyone into thunderdome you’d expect no one to break and everyone to behave exactly as they were before being bombarded with environmental elements?

This isn't thunderdome. People need to be responsible for their actions. Being hot in a crowded space is no excuse for violence.

Dr. Nigel Channing

I am no angel and have snapped plenty, and have been snapped at plenty, but not in the form of violence on either side. The majority are like this. Not everyone, but most.
If you think violence is the normal reaction to being tired or hot, then I'd hate to imagine who you're surrounded by.

thomas998

No, the girl who left the line was not the one using a scooter. The scooter belonged to someone in her party. Also, the girl who left the line was 14 - 15 years old although, it’s possible she looked much older. When she went and told her family about the party pushing her around when she tried to rejoin the line, that is why her older brother was so upset. This was a kid.

Edited to add, there’s a ton of reasons that a person may require a scooter that has nothing to do with walking. That’s quite insensitive to say. Looking at my mother, she appears to be a fine, fit, woman however, she is actively dying. While she can walk to and from the lines just fine, her heart and lungs cannot take walking around Disney all day. So, a scooter it is.
You can always get excuses from people that jump lines. The bottom line is you leave the line you rejoin at the end, problem solved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom