Reservation expansion

matt9112

And what happens to the guest who wants to park hop 2x in one night? You have to make 3 or 4 reservations for the day?
You don’t get to. Stop being so spoiled and self centered would be the line. When people go to six flags they don’t go to 3 in one day.

Sarcasm but honestly I don’t think they care about the guest experience half as much as people think they do.

matt9112

If this does have merit, EPCOT seriously needs to be exempt. Half the reason I get park hopper is so that I can use EPCOT as a gateway to Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk. I’m sure many Boardwalk and Crescent Lake guests use it in reverse for the Magic Kingdom.

Maybe loopholes if you have dining? Granted for all we know they don’t want you doing what you just stated.

matt9112

Next thing you know Disney will be convincing guests to try USO.

Oh wait

I have had uni passes for a little bit now and trust me I miss sunset boulevard or spaceship earth. Likely my two favorite places but at some point common sense and reasonability come into play. What I find insulting is the Florida resident packages they still trot out when they want….come visit when it’s convenient for us. No thanks hard pass.

I will probably go for a day or two soon Since it’s been years now but it will be a once in a blue moon thing for foreseeable future. I hope epic can get it right.

celluloid

I have had uni passes for a little bit now and trust me I miss sunset boulevard or spaceship earth. Likely my two favorite places but at some point common sense and reasonability come into play. What I find insulting is the Florida resident packages they still trot out when they want….come visit when it’s convenient for us. No thanks hard pass.

I will probably go for a day or two soon Since it’s been years now but it will be a once in a blue moon thing for foreseeable future. I hope epic can get it right.

It makes it easier when half of sunset Blvd is closed, attractions operations are slow and have not figured out genie plus balance and no streetmosphere.

Spaceship's Earth lighting is too gawdy for me but the newly more sleek going back to original entrance prism area is not going away anytime soon.

Keep that Universal pass(missing mine where I know moat.quick service spots will throw me a discount bone) and enjoy!

matt9112

In roughly 6 months time, everyone here is going to be pleasantly surprised (elated even), at the changes coming.

It’s tough to dissect what new things are permanent or temporary (due to staffing) but I can assure you we are no where near the permanent phase yet.

So while I agree, much of this stuff is temporary to address labor shortages.

The labor shortages must be “transitory “ 😂😂

Before they switched to a 2pm start time with park hopping limits, I use to park hop almost from the jump, ie. we would go to AK hit the safari in the early am, DHS for midday, MK afternoon, and then finish at EPCOT for dinner. If we got done early enough would go back to MK for the fireworks. Oh and by the way we are APs at the platinum level or whatever they call that level now. Live in Tampa so it is only an hour drive.
serious question.... do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm... i always get a park hopper and honestly probably only use it 2 days maybe 3 but i dont think ive ever gotten to my 2nd park that early... possibly on my last full day before leaving if there are some rides we want to hit up before ending the trip at MK but for most part always after 2pm.....

Disney Glimpses

Cue florida lawsuit then. Why punish people who actually pay more than day guests. Who come only every 5 years for a day or two? They're really doing a bang up job to lose long time fans.
That's honestly their biggest hurdle. No idea how they plan to solve it without grandfathering APs in until renewal.

correcaminos

That's honestly their biggest hurdle. No idea how they plan to solve it without grandfathering APs in until renewal.
Grandfathered or not, you don't treat AP holders as lesser. Period. This won't affect me sine 99.9% of the time I am an AP resort guest, but no other park or the like I know of treats their regulars as third class citizens. AP holders have been degraded enough with thecpark pass and hopping BS all while doubling prices in a matter of years.

SteveAZee

Cue florida lawsuit then. Why punish people who actually pay more than day guests. Who come only every 5 years for a day or two? They're really doing a bang up job to lose long time fans.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I get the impression that Disney's trying to maximize their profits from a finite resource, measured mostly by $ returned for every warm body in their parks (the finite resource of so many bodies in the park per day). I assume people don't by APs unless it's cost effective compared to multi-day passes, so 15, 20, 30 days of visits to the parks in a year? More? Perhaps they're local and don't stay in the hotels and eat the Disney food. Compare that to a family that goes once every one or two years... stays in the bubble, tries the new eateries, buys souvenirs of the latest IP, buys a 6 day pass plus G+ for each member of the family. I'm assuming that for a given warm body slot in the park on a given day, Disney makes more money from the non-AP people than AP people.

Disney Glimpses

Today is a perfect example of Park Pass losing them potential revenue dollars. The Magic Kingdom crowds are quite pleasant this morning. You'd be surprised to learn that no reservations were available for additional resort guests. Meaning, the thousands of resort guests who may have wanted to visit the Magic Kingdom this morning may have stayed in their room or done some other low cost activity until they could use their EPCOT reservation simply to hop to MK.

bhg469

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I get the impression that Disney's trying to maximize their profits from a finite resource, measured mostly by $ returned for every warm body in their parks (the finite resource of so many bodies in the park per day). I assume people don't by APs unless it's cost effective compared to multi-day passes, so 15, 20, 30 days of visits to the parks in a year? More? Perhaps they're local and don't stay in the hotels and eat the Disney food. Compare that to a family that goes once every one or two years... stays in the bubble, tries the new eateries, buys souvenirs of the latest IP, buys a 6 day pass plus G+ for each member of the family. I'm assuming that for a given warm body slot in the park on a given day, Disney makes more money from the non-AP people than AP people.
We are AP holders I don't recall how many visits it took for us get out money's worth out of the passes. When we visit, we always buy at least two alcoholic beverages. We spend way more than we should at disney springs though. I guess that doesn't count but we spend as much in a year as an average guest on a vacation. Obviously we are not the gust disney wants though.

Disney Glimpses

Some call APs the "sandwich crowd" for this reason. For example, if there are 10,000 people that want to get into a park that has only 5,000 reservations left, half of those people may contribute almost nothing in additional revenue and the other half millions. Equal access would lose the company potentially millions of dollars.

Not saying I agree with this, but that's the line of thinking.

SteveAZee

Some call APs the "sandwich crowd" for this reason. For example, if there are 10,000 people that want to get into a park that has only 5,000 reservations left, half of those people may contribute almost nothing in additional revenue and the other half millions. Equal access would lose the company potentially millions of dollars.

Not saying I agree with this, but that's the line of thinking.
Yes, that seems to be what they're thinking. All the changes at this point are to maximize return per guest per day in the parks. It wouldn't surprise me if prices start going up for the tail end of multi-day passes as well for the same reason.

correcaminos

I'm not talking the every few years families who stay onsite and get G+ I'm talking off site day or two every 5-10 years and don't actually spend as much as the families you are saying.

I hold APs to a lot of locations. Sometimes I get my money's worth and sometimes I don't. This degrading of regulars is uncool at best. No where else does that. I know many AP holders and most spend quite a lot on food or buying stuff for others. They definitely spend way more than a family I know who is going for a day and bringing food to keep costs down.

I don't think AP holders for Disney are cheapskates as a whole. I think Disney treating onsite guests as they have with making them get park reservations is dumb. I just think making AP holders also mad and degrading what used to be seen as a positive is stupid. Especially since they raised prices so incredibly much the last 5 years. WDW isn't DLR and this would make it seem they miss that.

Disney Glimpses

I can see that for Disneyland, but APs do spend money at WDW...at least when it comes to eating, drinking, and merch
True, but APs still spend significantly less than other guests. The other thing at play is that by offering equal access and allowing crowds to increase to out of control levels, low revenue guests would be diminishing the experience for high revenue guests. I personally hope people cancel their APs in droves if this approach proves to be too restrictive.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom