Reservation expansion

JMcMahonEsq

What if someone wanted to then hop to a third park? Would that not be allowed with a two parks per day maximum?

The 2 PM hopping limit is already one of the major reasons I don't have any current plans to go back -- anything that potentially restricts it further is just throwing gas on a fire.
How would this restrict park hopping more than now? If a park is at capacity than you can’t park hop to it. It also means there are no park reservations available for that park. But if a park isn’t at capacity there will be park reservations available, and you can park hop to it? Nothing changes except maybe having to whip out your phone and click a button.

Patcheslee

What I would like to see, is dropping the 2pm restriction, and having Genie ask what time you plan to hop so any plan or LL takes that into account.
What it will seem to do if 2pm is lifted, is restrict the staking of LL at parks people hop to though.

Patcheslee

serious question.... do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm... i always get a park hopper and honestly probably only use it 2 days maybe 3 but i dont think ive ever gotten to my 2nd park that early... possibly on my last full day before leaving if there are some rides we want to hit up before ending the trip at MK but for most part always after 2pm.....
Eh depends. We've hopped after an early lunch plenty of times. More often ended up at Epcot for WS the last couple hours of the night.

UNCgolf

How would this restrict park hopping more than now? If a park is at capacity than you can’t park hop to it. It also means there are no park reservations available for that park. But if a park isn’t at capacity there will be park reservations available, and you can park hop to it? Nothing changes except maybe having to whip out your phone and click a button.

If it limited hopping to only one park a day, that would be a restriction.

If they decided to cap the number of hops per day regardless of park capacity, or force you to make a selection beforehand and not day of, that would be a restriction -- and that's really the only reason it would even make sense to implement such a system. The parks are almost never at full capacity, so creating a new system just to force people to click an extra button that serves no additional purpose would be a massive waste of money for Disney.

There are numerous ways it could potentially turn into a further restriction if they actually do this -- and I'm not suggesting they actually are, because I have no idea. But if they do, it's easy to see additional restrictions.

Last edited:

DavidS1234

Unfortunately the park reservation process has completely killed any desire I had to be an AP again. Having the freedom to go where I wanted, when I wanted, was the biggest benefit of the Platinum passes pre-pandemic IMHO. If they add a tier at some stage that allows this again, I'll gladly return. Without that, it's just no longer worth the headaches for me. 🥺

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Unfortunately the park reservation process has completely killed any desire I had to be an AP again. Having the freedom to go where I wanted, when I wanted, was the biggest benefit of the Platinum passes pre-pandemic IMHO. If they add a tier at some stage that allows this again, I'll gladly return. Without that, it's just no longer worth the headaches for me. 🥺
I’m seeing and hearing this from A LOT of people

I hope Disney is paying attention to something other than their bank account

Chi84

Premium Member
Wow! I just finished reading the thread. I have a stay at YC for the first week of August. We got PHs and Genie+ tickets prior to June 8. I was trying to figure out the best G+/PH strategies - and now more changes. I am getting a headache. . .

I do appreciate the heads up!
This is all part of Disney's plan to make things more flexible and not require as much planning as FP+.

gerarar

Premium Member
If the 2pm park hopping restriction is dropped, I wonder how VQ's will be done then. Do you need to hop first (say Epcot) then be eligible for the second drop at 1pm?

Or whenever the time comes for the 2pm restriction to be dropped, VQ will also be removed from GOTG: CR, essentially a 2-for-1. Then VQ will be revamped for whenever it comes back, like for Tron.

In my opinion, just return to one single drop at 7am. Park hoppers will need to hop to the park with the VQ first, before being eligible for a BG. However guests with that certain parks' reservations get priority.
This is basically how it operated back in 2019/early 2020 with ROTR. This allowed the VQ drop window to remain open for hours in the morning.

However, if park reservations are entirely removed for a subset of guests, that just creates so many different paths and use cases, thus adding even more confusion.

Some silly code I wrote up thinking of the different use cases:
Python:
if (guest.getParkReservation() == "EPCOT"):
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
elif (guest.getParkReservation() != "EPCOT" and guest.hasParkHopper() and guest.hasTappedIn("EPCOT")):
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
elif (guest.getParkReservation() != "EPCOT" and guest.hasParkHopper() and not guest.hasTappedIn("EPCOT")):
  raise "You must enter Epcot first before joining the VQ!"
elif (guest.getParkReservation() != "EPCOT" and not guest.hasParkHopper()):
  raise "You're not eligible to join the VQ!"

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

If the 2pm park hopping restriction is dropped, I wonder how VQ's will be done then. Do you need to hop first (say Epcot) then be eligible for the second drop at 1pm?

Or whenever the time comes for the 2pm restriction to be dropped, VQ will also be removed from GOTG: CR, essentially a 2-for-1. Then VQ will be revamped for whenever it comes back, like for Tron.

In my opinion, just return to one single drop at 7am. Park hoppers will need to hop to the park with the VQ first, before being eligible for a BG. However guests with that certain parks' reservations get priority.
This is basically how it operated back in 2019/early 2020 with ROTR. This allowed the VQ drop window to remain open for hours in the morning.

However, if park reservations are entirely removed for a subset of guests, that just creates so many different paths and use cases, thus adding even more confusion.
Some silly code I wrote up thinking of the different use cases:
Python:
if (guest.getParkReservation() == "EPCOT"):
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
elif (guest.getParkReservation() != "EPCOT" and guest.hasParkHopper() and guest.hasTappedIn("EPCOT")):
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
elif (guest.getParkReservation() != "EPCOT" and guest.hasParkHopper() and not guest.hasTappedIn("EPCOT")):
Close, I made one small change:

Python:
if (guest.getName() == "disneyglimpses"):
  guest.getsEverythingForFree()
elif (guest.getParkReservation() == "EPCOT"):
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()

gerarar

Premium Member

Python:
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
Even better:

Python:
if (guest.getName() in ["disneyglimpses", "gerarar"]):
  guest.awardUnlimitedChurrosForLife()
  guest.forceManagementToBringBackHappilyEverAfter()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

Python:
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
If this is remotely true with all these if & and statements you truly have to be kidding me. Honestly this is borderline comical now. May as well start putting notes on people bedroom door going forward telling them what park Genie chose for them for the day. 😂😂😂

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If this is remotely true with all these if & and statements you truly have to be kidding me. Honestly this is borderline comical now. May as well start putting notes on people bedroom door going forward telling them what park Genie chose for them for the day. 😂😂😂

With an option to upgrade/change of course. They can just call it an Administrative fee and no one will be the wiser.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Python:
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()

Even better:

Python:
if (guest.getName() in ["disneyglimpses", "gerarar"]):
  guest.awardUnlimitedChurrosForLife()
  guest.forceManagementToBringBackHappilyEverAfter()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
  guest.getBoardingGroup()
digital GIF

natatomic

One final clue of what's to come: there are two park reservation systems. One is the old FP+ system that hasn't really been touched since 2020 and one is fancy, shiny and new and still receiving updates to this day. Do the math.
I must be really dense, but I don’t know what you’re hinting at here other than FP+ isn’t coming back…which we all have begrudgingly accepted already.

My only other theory is that they’ll use the old FP+ system for guest to book their park hop time and location, if available. Like, you make a reservation for MK initially, but you went to hop to Epcot for lunch at noon - so you hop on the app and see there’s an 11:30am slot open, and you book it. Or…you see there’s nothing open until 3:45, so you keep refreshing till a time you want opens (if you want).

I really hope that is NOT what they’re doing.

UNCgolf

I must be really dense, but I don’t know what you’re hinting at here other than FP+ isn’t coming back…which we all have begrudgingly accepted already.

My only other theory is that they’ll use the old FP+ system for guest to book their park hop time and location, if available. Like, you make a reservation for MK initially, but you went to hop to Epcot for lunch at noon - so you hop on the app and see there’s an 11:30am slot open, and you book it. Or…you see there’s nothing open until 3:45, so you keep refreshing till a time you want opens (if you want).

I really hope that is NOT what they’re doing.

That would be an absolute disaster. I can't imagine they'd think that was a good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom