Reservation expansion

Weather_Lady

I'm hoping and presuming that this is yet another example of an uninformed CM wreaking havoc with their ignorance...

However, if it's true, it would save my family the money we'd otherwise spend on parkhopper upgrades, because there's no way we'd accept that crap: I'd never buy parkhoppers again. The need to make park reservations is one thing (and I can barely choke that down), but if WDW is unable to guarantee you'd even get to hop if you spent the extra money, why bother?

It's ridiculous -- and is the same reason I'll never spend one red cent on Genie+, which is another scheme to induce people to spend money for a benefit they may or may not actually receive. If I want to gamble with my vacation monies, I'll go to Vegas... ;)

EeyoreFan#24

I’ll throw my tinfoil hat guess out there. There prepping genie+ for “lightening hop” or whatever they would call it (maybe for resort perks or day upsales?) System calculates openings miuns whatever number it comes up with for aps and prepurchased hoppers. Then it tries to push crowds around to smooth out the loads. (And make money)

Pancho

this is not really true. no reservations required after first park. but the park you want to hop to does have to have availability. So there is no guarantee you can hop. but hopping being restricted is extremely rare. it's happened twice in nearly a year and a half. As long as people at a full park hop out, you can hop in. it's not any more complicated than that. I assume that is what the cast member was trying to say. just bad choice of words.

Disney Glimpses

I'm hoping and presuming that this is yet another example of an uninformed CM wreaking havoc with their ignorance...
I can think of a bunch:

CM: "Minnie Vans are going away, they are terminating the leases."
Reality: They were terminating the leases for the Traverse models because they were too small

CM: "Masks are going away tomorrow for everyone."
Reality: Masks went away for vaccinated CMs when backstage.

CM: "Lightning Lane is going away"
Reality: Genie+ pre-sales were suspended

CMs often hear pieces of information that are strictly limited to how it relates to them (or their operation) and then they universally apply that information to the broader operation.

So, when I hear "reservations will be required for hopping" from a CM, my gut says in reality, Disney will simply start using the reservation calendar as a metric for hopping (which if true means they are likely going to start dynamically allocating/deallocating reservations which could in turn remove the 2pm restriction).

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Ask them about “pearl”.
jack sparrow GIF

Black Pearl?

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Original Poster
Not necessarily made up, but it sounds like he's massively confused things at the very least.
i am not an imbecile, lol. that is what the cm said on the phone along with an explanation why i would not get refunded for my park hopper if i couldnt in fact hop. he did say that resort guests would have priority and he was "sure" only on the busy days would it be an issue

Prince-1

i am not an imbecile, lol. that is what the cm said on the phone along with an explanation why i would not get refunded for my park hopper if i couldnt in fact hop. he did say that resort guests would have priority and he was "sure" only on the busy days would it be an issue

No one said you were an imbecile but do you know how many people have “inside information” or are told something by a cast member and are never right. Sometimes rumors don’t pass the smell test.

The Colonel

All of that is true now, except the 2nd reservation part. If a park is full, you won't be allowed in, and you won't be offered a refund on your park hopper. And resort guests do get priority. And it only happens on very rare super busy days.

In fact even if you have a reservation the above applies.

dreday3

All of that is true now, except the 2nd reservation part. If a park is full, you won't be allowed in, and you won't be offered a refund on your park hopper. And resort guests do get priority. And it only happens on very rare super busy days.

In fact even if you have a reservation the above applies.

Exactly this.

Sure, but we don't have to reserve second park in advance now. That's what I would find to be an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom