Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
That was B-mode for the Shaman. It’s used whenever the AA movement stops. Same screen thing at RotR when Kylo AA cannot move.

AFAIK, neither AA is undergoing refurbishment. Unfortunate because both break down frequently.
Really. This is so disappointing. It was so underwhelming seeing that screen instead of the Shaman. Disney can do better. Thanks for your knowledge.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm feeling oh so much better, and since I wasn't so focused on our safari we decide to walk through the Gorilla Falls Trail. First a little inside story. When C was young, maybe 5 -7 she started calling people Dookers. What's a Dooker? We didn't know but it didn't sound nice so we asked her "what is a Dooker"? Her reply, "someone who licks chairs in houses". I can't make this up. We never knew that there was an animal out there with a similar sounding name. There has only been two places I've seen a Duiker, Animal Kingdom and Miami Zoo. We always get a good chuckle when we do see one, it brings back good memories.

The animals were still active, especially the Silverback, I have many photos of him walking around

IMG_7586.JPG
IMG_7590.JPG
IMG_7592.JPG
IMG_7593.JPG
IMG_7594.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
IMG_7601.JPG

I took a picture of this lovely innocent lady, who is pregnant. Earlier we saw a different pregnant lady who looked very close to her due date and she had a 1st visit button on her belly. I immediately thought of @blreinsel when I saw her but couldn't get to my phone fast enough. I hope all is well and Congratulations!!

IMG_7602.JPG

The best show on property!! Ok, my opinion, not right now. Without the tumble monkeys or the aerial birds it is just meh. No goosebumps this time. But the last few shows I've seen the fire guy is my new favorite.
IMG_7611.JPG
IMG_7619.JPG

erstwo

As we're leaving Pandora @TheMouseFan is still there!! C is mortified that I'm taking a picture of someone without them knowing. What... His face is covered. Good to see you theMousefan! Go IOWA STATE!!!

View attachment 642441

I'm not a Starbuck's fan, I don't do coffee and honestly their tea is horrible. But they do have a lemon cake that is delicious so I ordered that and tried some tea hoping it would be better than the last time I tried it. We strolled to Kilimanjaro Safari.

View attachment 642442

View attachment 642443

It was just 8:00, I thought there is no way it would really be 45 minutes. It wasn't but there was defiantly a wait. Maybe 25 minutes.

View attachment 642444

It was at this time that I had to go to the restroom. My thoughts... I can hold it and I shouldn't have drank that horrible tea.

View attachment 642445

As we're loading onto our truck I'm thinking maybe I should've left the line to use the restroom. But I still have to take photos. The animals are out and active. The bumps in the road aren't helping.

View attachment 642446

View attachment 642447

View attachment 642448

The truck in front of us stops for an animal. I'm in the sun, it's hot, I have never had to go so bad. I'm starting to sweat and I'm not sure if it's from the heat and I swear my legs go numb. I may leave quite the puddle and embarrass myself in front of a truck full of people I don't know. We are moving.. Then this giraffe starts to walk in front of our truck. Then decides this is the time to show his dominance and let us know he's in charge by standing in the road what seems like 10 minutes.

View attachment 642449

View attachment 642450

We finally are moving and I'm thinking I'll make it when I realize we haven't even passed the Lions yet. Why is this ride soooo long!! I can't even take pictures anymore. C is looking on her phone where the nearest bathroom is when we get off. She tells me to run and she'll catch up. I'm off and running. I get to the bathroom in Harambe and there is a line!! I want you all to know I made it but I don't think I was ever so scared. Learn from me go to the bathroom before the safari. When looking at my photo timeline it was an hour long agonizing experience. :hilarious:
I do this all the time! And not just on Disney ride queues, as I’m reading this I’m sitting on a plane that is delayed from take off because the runway is wet (in London mind you - how can they do that when it rains here so often?? 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️)
And I’m wishing I’d gone before I got on this plane!! 😂
I think it’s a mom thing - we try to get things done before we take a ‘break’ even for the restroom!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I do this all the time! And not just on Disney ride queues, as I’m reading this I’m sitting on a plane that is delayed from take off because the runway is wet (in London mind you - how can they do that when it rains here so often?? 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️)
And I’m wishing I’d gone before I got on this plane!! 😂
I think it’s a mom thing - we try to get things done before we take a ‘break’ even for the restroom!
I hope your flight takes off soon, I hope you're going someplace nice, and I hope that seat belt light shuts off quickly for you!!

TheMouseFan

As we're leaving Pandora @TheMouseFan is still there!! C is mortified that I'm taking a picture of someone without them knowing. What... His face is covered. Good to see you theMousefan! Go IOWA STATE!!!

View attachment 642441
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. Right state, but wrong school!
20210815_150017.jpg

Your bathroom story reminds me of our trip back in 2014 when Owen told me just as we were getting on The Great Movie Ride that he had to go. I was definitely stressed that whole ride as to whether he was going to make it. Luckily he did!!

We will be at Zoo Miami in 2 weeks, and now I am going to think of you when we see the duikers!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 642441

I'm not a Starbuck's fan, I don't do coffee and honestly their tea is horrible. But they do have a lemon cake that is delicious so I ordered that and tried some tea hoping it would be better than the last time I tried it. We strolled to Kilimanjaro Safari.

View attachment 642442

View attachment 642443

It was just 8:00, I thought there is no way it would really be 45 minutes. It wasn't but there was defiantly a wait. Maybe 25 minutes.

View attachment 642444

It was at this time that I had to go to the restroom. My thoughts... I can hold it and I shouldn't have drank that horrible tea.

View attachment 642445

As we're loading onto our truck I'm thinking maybe I should've left the line to use the restroom. But I still have to take photos. The animals are out and active. The bumps in the road aren't helping.

View attachment 642446

View attachment 642447

View attachment 642448

The truck in front of us stops for an animal. I'm in the sun, it's hot, I have never had to go so bad. I'm starting to sweat and I'm not sure if it's from the heat and I swear my legs go numb. I may leave quite the puddle and embarrass myself in front of a truck full of people I don't know. We are moving.. Then this giraffe starts to walk in front of our truck. Then decides this is the time to show his dominance and let us know he's in charge by standing in the road what seems like 10 minutes.

View attachment 642449

View attachment 642450

We finally are moving and I'm thinking I'll make it when I realize we haven't even passed the Lions yet. Why is this ride soooo long!! I can't even take pictures anymore. C is looking on her phone where the nearest bathroom is when we get off. She tells me to run and she'll catch up. I'm off and running. I get to the bathroom in Harambe and there is a line!! I want you all to know I made it but I don't think I was ever so scared. Learn from me go to the bathroom before the safari. When looking at my photo timeline it was an hour long agonizing experience. :hilarious:

I have had a similar, although, not so dire, situation on the safaris as well. Last Easter I had to leave the line so I wouldn't get into that situation again. It felt like I was doing a walk of shame.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. Right state, but wrong school!
View attachment 642505

Your bathroom story reminds me of our trip back in 2014 when Owen told me just as we were getting on The Great Movie Ride that he had to go. I was definitely stressed that whole ride as to whether he was going to make it. Luckily he did!!

We will be at Zoo Miami in 2 weeks, and now I am going to think of you when we see the duikers!
Ahhhh. So close! :) I hope he is enjoying his summer off.

The Miami zoo was so large we rented one of the bicycle carts. It was a fun way to get around, I highly recommend getting one. I hope the Duikers are still there. That was the first place that we saw one and realized they existed. One of C's many hilarious memories. She's defiantly a middle child.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 11:00am and time for our ILL on Flight of Passage. There was a family next to us that were riding for the first time and very confused about the seats and the wall in front of us. We chatted for just a minute and I reassured them they would love the ride. Unfortunately the lady on the other side of them ran for the nearest trash can as soon as the ride was over.

IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7634.JPG

Expeditition Everest is our next goal. Wait time was higher than we liked so we did single rider.

IMG_7636.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

We take the bypass around Dino Land and head to C's choice for food and beverage.

IMG_7639.JPG

Earlier in the morning C went on the App and put our names in on a waiting list for Nomad Lounge. We were able to be seated around 12:00.

IMG_7640.JPG

I've disappointed so many. I've been on Disney property for 2 straight days and I am finally having my first adult beverage. So I'm thinking of you Darstarr, lostpro9het, imahistorygeek, wdisney9000, ajrwdwgirl . Too make it a little worse I forgo my Lambu Libation for the Mango Laiki Punch. It's not bad but not as good. I order the Charcuterie Board and Bread Service, C orders the impossible sliders.

IMG_7642.JPG

IMG_7645.JPG

IMG_7646.JPG

IMG_7647.JPG

My review... not good.
  • I'm sitting inside, I love the atmosphere out on the deck
  • punch < libation
  • charcuterie board was lacking
  • don't get bread service unless you're at Sanaa
  • C did enjoy her sliders and said they were good.
Such a downer review. I'm the glass is half full girl. The rose colored glass girl so this was a little surprising. I would defiantly come back. Service was great, I'd just stick to the drink I like, skip the appetizers and relax on the deck with the breeze blowing through my hair.

While C is finishing her sliders I remember when J and I met up with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek a few years before. It was a nice visit and that is when I had my first Lambu Libation, it was strong and I believe when we left their company I staggered to our FOP fastpass.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our break C declares we should go back and take a break. I love her!

Earlier in the morning I mentioned that they have birds fly over the crowds by the Tree of life and I would love to see it. As we leave Nomad and turn the corner I hear them talk over a speaker about the birds and get really excited. I tell C we have to wait because I really want to watch the birds (I love birds). I sit on a bench/tree planter and nothing. It takes 5 seconds for me to realize that the show just ended. Here is my photo of sadness with nothing in the sky so that I can document my sorrow.

IMG_7648.JPG

I do my ritual of glancing back at the park as I'm leaving and yes I think of you @wdisney9000 and have C pose for a photo

IMG_7649.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG

After a nice nap we are back!

IMG_7654.JPG

C loves Dinosaur so that is our first mission. I noticed a path to the right that doesn't go anywhere but there are a few dinosaur statues that I never seemed to noticed before and I need new pictures rather than taking the same old ones.

IMG_7655.JPG

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG

I've thought of Darstarr today a few times and it's not alcohol or palm trees or her skill of making it rain. I've seen a lot of trash about and Darstarr mentioned it in her last trip. Especially in the bathrooms which is weird because there is always an attendant in the bathroom. I'm wondering if it's us guests and the attendants can't keep up with people who have no regard for others and throw they're hand towels, wrappers, toilet paper on the floor. I actually saw one person drop a paper cup from their stroller look down step on it and start to walk away. A good samaritan walking behind them told them they dropped something so they picked it up. All that to say Dinosaur's que was dirty, grossly dirty. By the time I got my camera out to take pictures we had moved past everything and I took a picture of the floor to remind me to mention in my report how dirty Dinosaur was. But, I must say we really had fun on Dinosaur.:hilarious: It didn't seem as dark and I swear they moved the camera. It flashed on the opposite side of the vehicle.

IMG_7658.JPG

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

After our break C declares we should go back and take a break. I love her!

Earlier in the morning I mentioned that they have birds fly over the crowds by the Tree of life and I would love to see it. As we leave Nomad and turn the corner I hear them talk over a speaker about the birds and get really excited. I tell C we have to wait because I really want to watch the birds (I love birds). I sit on a bench/tree planter and nothing. It takes 5 seconds for me to realize that the show just ended. Here is my photo of sadness with nothing in the sky so that I can document my sorrow.

View attachment 642643

I don't my ritual of glancing back at the park as I'm leaving and yes I think of you @wdisney9000

View attachment 642644

View attachment 642645

After a nice nap we are back!

View attachment 642646

C loves Dinosaur so that is our first mission. I noticed a path to the right that doesn't go anywhere but there are a few dinosaur statues that I never seemed to noticed before and I need new pictures rather than taking the same old ones.

View attachment 642647

View attachment 642648

View attachment 642649

I've thought of Darstarr today a few times and it's not alcohol or palm trees or her skill of making it rain. I've seen a lot of trash about and Darstarr mentioned it in her last trip. Especially in the bathrooms which is weird because there is always an attendant in the bathroom. I'm wondering if it's us guests and the attendants can't keep up with people who have no regard for others and throw they're hand towels, wrappers, toilet paper on the floor. I actually saw one person drop a paper cup from their stroller look down step on it and start to walk away. A good samaritan walking behind them told them they dropped something so they picked it up. All that to say Dinosaur's que was dirty, grossly dirty. By the time I got my camera out to take pictures we had moved past everything and I took a picture of the floor to remind me to mention in my report how dirty Dinosaur was. But, I must say we really had fun on Dinosaur.:hilarious: It didn't seem as dark and I swear they moved the camera. It flashed on the opposite side of the vehicle.

View attachment 642650
I just don't understand why you woul drop stuff on the ground.. you don't do that at home either? Urgh... Humans

Anyway, Dinosaur is one of my favorites at AK.. we don't have anything remotely like that at Disneyland Paris sooo always a joy!

lostpro9het

It's 11:
While C is finishing her sliders I remember when J and I met up with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek a few years before. It was a nice visit and that is when I had my first Lambu Libation, it was strong and I believe when we left their company I staggered to our FOP fastpass.
A “nice” visit? A beer exchange occurred ranking it at least an “exceptional” visit. And, yeah, the POLY potions had you smiling!
9E222761-7D5A-48C5-87EF-6302801DD6B2.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

I love Animal Kingdom, I just do. It has the best music, the best show, two of the best rides, great bar, the atmosphere is amazing. I'm sorry to say there were no tuvalu sightings here. :( ;):hilarious:
Yes, this is my favorite park! Once Magic Kingdom gets their dream lights back on the castle, it MIGHT pass AK, but I’m not holding my breath for those lights, with all the cost cutting measures as of late.

As for the bathroom, I am ALWAYS going before almost any ride because I just don’t trust wait times and have a small bladder. Especially on the Safari—- being so long and bumpy, it’s impossible to enjoy it when you need to go THAT BAD. Good thing DISNEY has bathrooms everywhere!

C loves Dinosaur so that is our first mission. I noticed a path to the right that doesn't go anywhere

WHEN you left the park to take a break, I couldn’t believe you skipped my favorite ride!!!! I’m so glad you were able to spend time with DR SEEKER, after all. I always bury my head in my husband’s shoulder for the picture, so I can’t tell you if they moved the camera or not.😜😱

fractal

It's 11:00am and time for our ILL on Flight of Passage. There was a family next to us that were riding for the first time and very confused about the seats and the wall in front of us. We chatted for just a minute and I reassured them they would love the ride. Unfortunately the lady on the other side of them ran for the nearest trash can as soon as the ride was over.

View attachment 642624

View attachment 642625

Expeditition Everest is our next goal. Wait time was higher than we liked so we did single rider.

View attachment 642626

View attachment 642627

We take the bypass around Dino Land and head to C's choice for food and beverage.

View attachment 642628

Earlier in the morning C went on the App and put our names in on a waiting list for Nomad Lounge. We were able to be seating around 12:00.

View attachment 642629

I'v disappointed so many. I've been on Disney property for 2 straight days and I am finally having my first adult beverage. So I'm thinking of you Darstarr, lostpro9het, imahistorygeek, wdisney9000, ajrwdwgirl . Too make it a little worse I forgo my Lambu Libation for the Mango Laiki Punch. It's not bad but not as good. I order the Charcuterie Board and Bread Service, C orders the impossible sliders.

View attachment 642630

View attachment 642632

View attachment 642633

View attachment 642634

My review... not good.
  • I'm sitting inside, I love the atmosphere out on the deck
  • punch < libation
  • charcuterie board was lacking
  • don't get bread service unless you're at Sanaa
  • C did enjoy her sliders and said they were good.
Such a downer review. I'm the glass is half full girl. The rose colored glass girl so this was a little surprising. I would defiantly come back. Service was great, I'd just stick to the drink I like, skip the appetizers and relax on the deck with the breeze blowing through my hair.

Are they allowing you to wait for front or back row EE yet? Nice pics of the Safari!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
A “nice” visit? A beer exchange occurred ranking it at least an “exceptional” visit. And, yeah, the POLY potions had you smiling!
View attachment 642668
It was an exceptional meet up. Thank you for correcting me. But I'm always smiling. Ok, not always but most of the time.

Yes, this is my favorite park! Once Magic Kingdom gets their dream lights back on the castle, it MIGHT pass AK, but I’m not holding my breath for those lights, with all the cost cutting measures as of late.

As for the bathroom, I am ALWAYS going before almost any ride because I just don’t trust wait times and have a small bladder. Especially on the Safari—- being so long and bumpy, it’s impossible to enjoy it when you need to go THAT BAD. Good thing DISNEY has bathrooms everywhere!

C loves Dinosaur so that is our first mission. I noticed a path to the right that doesn't go anywhere

WHEN you left the park to take a break, I couldn’t believe you skipped my favorite ride!!!! I’m so glad you were able to spend time with DR SEEKER, after all. I always bury my head in my husband’s shoulder for the picture, so I can’t tell you if they moved the camera or not.😜😱
AK just doesn't get enough love!!

I'm not normally a Dinosaur fan, I never skip it, it's just not one of my favorites but I did have fun this time. The que may have been dirty but the rest of the ride seemed to be in good shape.

Are they allowing you to wait for front or back row EE yet? Nice pics of the Safari!
Yes they are! There were quite a few people that would request front or back and the CM would put them in a small roped area to keep things organized and then distribute them to either the front or back of the train.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After trying to find that dino we needed to go see it the Yeti was still on Everest. We went in stand by with a short wait and I was still trying to take pictures of things I haven't before.

IMG_7659.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG

Not sure what this picture is about anymore 🤷‍♀️

IMG_7663.JPG

IMG_7664.JPG

We were having fun. :hilarious:

IMG_7665.JPG

IMG_7666.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7668.JPG

We gave Everest 2 thumbs up. Well I guess 3

IMG_7669.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom