Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
You can't buy Genie+ in advance anymore, though, can you? You can only buy it day of. So I'd say if you want to practice, make sure your first day isn't the day you need it, so you can have a practice day before you really need it.

I'm sorry about the amount of trash. That's sad. I did notice that the people in DLP were way pushier, more rude, etc. Definitely different values, but I don't remember if there was more trash there. The CMs weren't as great as the ones in the US are. It's just a completely different culture.

Was the Lost City a remake? I saw this one and thought it was great, but I didn't know there was a different version.

Yes, I think it's a good idea to have a practice day before hand. If you only want Genie+ for certain days you can purchase it starting at 12:01am that day. I got up at 6:00 to purchase it and be ready at 7:00am to get our first LL's for the day. I'm not sure what the glitch was with our reservations but neither of us could purchase it. I haven't heard of anyone else having that particular problem and the CM's didn't know why either.

The Lost City is very similar in story to an 80's movie called Romancing the Stone. You should watch it. Not sure if I'd say better, but the chemistry between the main characters was very good.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Great read and happy to see you made it back to WDW! Great memories you made with your daughter. 👍

This has also helped me with my planning. It seems Genie + is almost a must do at MK.

giphy.gif
Thanks for following!!

I have a love hate relationship with Genie+. It seems all that I read about it before hand went out the window. You really need to use it to understand it. I would definitely get it for MK but also get it before so you can get used to how it works. There were times that I was at my 2 hour mark and I'd go to stack another LL and it said I have 35 more minutes before I could. Maybe it's 2 hours from when you tap in. 🤷‍♀️ I still am figuring it out and I used it for two days.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I really enjoyed your report! Thanks so much for sharing!
Tina Fey Snl GIF

Finally caught up. Thanks for sharing!

I also enjoyed seeing a mother-daughter trip. My husband postulated that in the future Disney trips can just be a special me and lil BES activity and I hope he’s right.
My husband isn't a Disney fan. He prefers a pool and restaurants Disney vacation but It's hard for me to not wish I was at a park. When you do get that mother daughter trip in you'll love it. It's good bonding time especially when mothers and daughters tend to bump heads. I've made some great memories with my girls.

sheriffwoody

I'm not sure why but when i looked at this Topiary I thought of SheriffWoody. She had the best Halloween costume while being pregnant!
Aww you are so sweet! I'm a few months 😬 behind but reading your report now and this made me smile! Someday that little Winnie the Pooh bump will be my own teenager enjoying the parks with me! She's well on her way at 3.5 years old now :cry:

sheriffwoody

My review... not good.
  • I'm sitting inside, I love the atmosphere out on the deck
Just finished the report! I quoted this from your AK day because I felt the same way!! We did this on our fall 2020 trip (i think?) and I was so annoyed about being inside. I couldn't even enjoy myself...I'm sure my husband was rolling his eyes at my dramatics. The whole appeal of Nomad Lounge is the deck! Sheesh!

Also about St. Louis, my cousin lives there and enjoys it! I believe he's in the Tower Grove area. It's only about 5 hrs from us, so it's a nice little weekend trip. If C ends up teaching there, I think you'd enjoy visiting!

Thanks for sharing this with us! I love seeing mother daughter trips 🥰

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I TOTALLY AGREE! I love The Nomad Lounge but it's just not the same inside! I'm glad it's just not me. Joe would've been rolling his eyes too if he would've been there.

C turned down the job in St. Louis. She did get an offer in Orlando and she accepted! She is so busy right now trying to take care of everything and we are headed down this weekend to find her an apartment and car. I'm freaking out!

I can't wait to read your first mother daughter report!! Have you started planning it yet. 😁

Thank you for reading my report. I love going back and reliving it.

rshell68

C turned down the job in St. Louis. She did get an offer in Orlando and she accepted! She is so busy right now trying to take care of everything and we are headed down this weekend to find her an apartment and car. I'm freaking out!
Congrats to C!!! How exciting!!! Funny sidebar....you are headed this way and we are headed to southern Indiana this week to visit our daughter.

sheriffwoody

I TOTALLY AGREE! I love The Nomad Lounge but it's just not the same inside! I'm glad it's just not me. Joe would've been rolling his eyes too if he would've been there.

I can't wait to read your first mother daughter report!! Have you started planning it yet. 😁

Thank you for reading my report. I love going back and reliving it.
STOPPPP IT!!!! She's working in Orlando?! That's fantastic! You probably need to visit at least monthly, right? :hilarious:

I did a mother/daughter trip with her in January, I just didn't do a report. I'll do another one eventually though! It was fun, we went with a couple of friends of mine and stayed off-site, so it's was definitely different. I mostly did parks with just me and her while my friends did their own things. It was my last trip where she was free :arghh:

riverside

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.
I do this quite often myself!!
We get seated in a side room to ourselves. Neither one of dressed the best and we both feel a little out of place. I explain that this must be the rift raft room.
I ate there as a solo diner last year & I was sat in the side room all by myself. I felt totally awkward.
I got the Caesar Salad. I immediately thought of E from @riverside group.
One of her favorites--that's for sure!!
There is Riverside! I wish I had enough people to recreate a family photo.
Thanks for thinking of us!! We just recreated it again in July!!
And you can tell it's hot and humid by my hair, and today apparently the top looks like Hades.
That's why I usually have hair bands in my hair when I'm there--my hair becomes a total mess otherwise!!
I always try to find an animal carving I've never noticed before or at least remember noticing. There were a few this time.
Likewise!!
Such a downer review. I'm the glass is half full girl. The rose colored glass girl so this was a little surprising. I would defiantly come back. Service was great, I'd just stick to the drink I like, skip the appetizers and relax on the deck with the breeze blowing through my hair.
Not a downer review--it's what you experienced. I really enjoy it there--esp. the relaxing on the deck part!!
Snack time. OK. Unpopular opinion. It was just popcorn. Nothing great nothing bad, just popcorn.
You sound like E!! 🤣
Once in we got the best margarita on property, right TrolleyFollower91?
It is very good!!
Wdwmagic made it official, my new name is Zipadeelady!!
I love it!!
When we got off Pan it wasn't raining but we figured with as much as it has rained and for as long as it had been raining Enchantments would be cancelled
Your Enchantment photos are beautiful!!

Thank you for doing such an awesome TR!! Sorry it took me FOREVER to be able to read it but I really enjoyed it!! Glad I finally got time to read it!! Looks like it was a fun trip!!

lindawdw

It took me a while to finish reading your TR, but I loved it all the same!!! You and your daughter are so adorable together and I'm glad your trip was such a fun and memorable one for you both. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us. 🥰

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It took me a while to finish reading your TR, but I loved it all the same!!! You and your daughter are so adorable together and I'm glad your trip was such a fun and memorable one for you both. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us. 🥰
I'm so happy it took you awhile to read my report!! It causes my report to pop back up and I can look at the pictures again and read some of the commentary and relive it all over again! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom