Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
That's a spritz! (Which I feel like is the Italian way of saying 'that's alcohol,' since there are a thousand regional spritz drinks. 😂 ) I would say Aperol spritz, but it looks more orange than red!

Did they give you limoncello at the end of your meal? When I ate at Il Mulino at WDW last summer with my huge family (group of 12) - they brought all of us limoncello shots at the end of the meal - we thought someone ordered them, but they weren't on the bill at the end and the waiter said they were on the house - we couldn't figure out if it was something they did for everyone at the Orlando location or if they just liked our group? They don't do it in Nashville (maybe we've just never been as likeable there?? 😂 )

Enjoying the report - thanks for sharing!
YES!! That sounds right. The spritz part that is. Not sure about the Aperol. C enjoyed it, it was just a lot and I'm learning she's a slow drinker.

This is my second time eating at ll Mulino. The first time we did get limoncello at the end of our meal. I loved it. This time we didn't but I noticed the table next to us did. I'm wondering if since we only got pizza and salads may be the reason. The other table had full meals. I'm not really sure but they were offering. I didn't ask since C already had a drink and I was ready to leave and get to the Boardwalk.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Hello Swissmiss!!

I'm here! I enjoyed following along live and can't wait to hear more about the trip! We drove through Indiana on our way to pick up Logan from Iowa last weekend and I thought about you on the way there and again on the way back!
Isn't it crazy how much this trip report section impacts us. I thought of you too on our Animal Kingdom day. You'll see. :)

Hey! glad to have along! I was so disappointed in the pin trading this time around. Did Gary have any luck last time?

I'm ready for the full report!
Great! I "saw" you too! :D

30 Rock Apologies GIF by PeacockTV

Following along
I'll say your fashionably late, that way it seems on purpose. :hilarious:

even though your not really late.

Songbird76

We got our room ready text shortly before being dropped off at the resort so we went straight to our room. It was the farthest possible room you can possibly get. I tend to exaggerate, this was not one of those times. We had twenty minutes for our ll Mulino reservation and knew we wouldn't make it so we decided to Uber. We went to the drive behind our building and waited for Ronnie. It was then that I saw my first Magician. "Look C, @Darstarr loves palm trees!" C is confused and by the end of the trip just smiles and nods when I make odd comments about people who she has no idea who they are. I know it's more of a bush but it made me think of Darstarr.

View attachment 640853

We get seated in a side room to ourselves. Neither one of dressed the best and we both feel a little out of place. I explain that this must be the rift raft room. C has decided to order her first Disney drink. I'm sorry I forgot what it was, but it was big and not to my liking. I don't like sparkling anything or champagne. It definitely had one of those components. She tried but she couldn't finish it, I even tried to help her.

View attachment 640854

At ll Mulino you get a free appetizer. Since C is a vegetarian they brought us out an eggplant appetizer. It tastes like it looks in the picture. We each ordered a salad. I got the Caesar Salad. I immediately thought of E from @riverside group. The waitress said they mix anchovies in the dressing, did I still want it. Sure, bring it on! It really was good. We ordered the quattro formaggio pizza. Wow, it was fantastic. It had green olives on it which i don't normally like and artichokes. Everything just complimented each other. I'd defiantly order this again

View attachment 640855

View attachment 640856

I told C about @wdisney9000 and his opinion of the pizza at ll Mulino. C didn't get it.

View attachment 640857

After dinner our plan is to walk on the Boardwalk and take a ride on the Skyliner.

View attachment 640858

View attachment 640859

A little tribute to J who was at home

View attachment 640860

We got to the Skyliner and they just closed it due to lighting. Well, what to do. We decide to head back to the resort so we walk to Beach Club to catch a bus to HS to get a bus to All Stars. It really starts raining hard but are able to get on a bus to HS and stay dry. We got lucky and were dropped off right at the All Stars bus stop. Very shortly a bus pulled up. View attachment 640861

Now the weirdest thing happened. We were the only ones there at first then a couple people showed up then more. We were getting ready to get on and a women walks up and askes us, is this the bus to POP, "um no", we get on and I kid you not every other person that got on asked the driver if the bus was going to All Star Movies. She was nice at first but then started getting irritated. A few times she said "that's what the sign says". It was actually hard not to laugh. C and I were just waiting for people to ask. I always thank the drivers when getting off. This time i said "Good Luck".

View attachment 640862
I can't even find anything vegetarian on their menu! Was the appetizer supposed to be spread on bread? It looks kind of like kashke bademjan, but that's a Persian dish, not Italian.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
mood-cat.gif

I'm late, but definitely following along.
In Love Cat GIF

I can't even find anything vegetarian on their menu! Was the appetizer supposed to be spread on bread? It looks kind of like kashke bademjan, but that's a Persian dish, not Italian.
The menu in the restaurant was a bit different than what is online. I looked at the online menu for the appetizer and pizza ingredients so that I could post about it but neither was there. But that appetizer was bad. Or maybe that's what eggplant is really like. It was my first experience and I'll say my last.

I'm slightly late but I am here and in for the rest of your report!
Hey Katie!!

I'm ready for more!
Then I better get to reporting :joyfull:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm here for the full report! I absolutely love that you think about Magicians too! I just went with my family and I finally stopped trying to describe each time who I was talking about, so I just labeled you all as "my people".
People Represent GIF by Disney Channel
Love it! C looked so confused the first day when I kept talking about this person or that person. I'm going to have to follow you and start saying My People!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Monday May 16th - EPCOT DAY!

Today I learned that Epcot is actually C's favorite park, not MK. I was very surprised. C has let me know that she paid for a park ticket for the whole day and didn't plan on leaving. I pulled up my big girl panties and said lets do this, all the while crying a little inside and knowing I would be exhausted by the end of the night.

Park hours with early entry are 8:00am - 9:00pm. There were deluxe hours from 9-11 but that didn't include us.
We left the room and are on the bus at 7:30. The busses were all fairly quick this time around. I fell in love with the first pair of ears I saw on someone. How cute are these pooh ears! If I was a person that wore ears these are the pair I'd buy.

IMG_7421.JPG

Entry was no problem. Our first ride of choice was Soarin. B2 for us. No bendy buildings but a few dangly feet. Next was Living with the Land. Beautiful as ever. There were multiple CM working in the greenhouse.

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7434.JPG

Look at the brussels sprouts! I've come to love them, so good. I don't recall ever seeing them here.

IMG_7436.JPG

This is our first Flower and Garden, C is excited because they have many different dishes she can try.

IMG_7425.JPG

My first pic of a topiary plus CM.

IMG_7426.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
TT is still down, did I mention it was down. Space ship earth it is. Is it windy, are we excited, is the line long? I don't really remember but there must be a reason for this picture.

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7438.JPG

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

We had yet to eat and needed something. I'm a tea and cheerios girl. I don't like anything too heavy. This made perfect sense to me

IMG_7442.JPG

C hasn't rode Figment since 2006 so off we go. Yes I know, I'm usually a good parent but..... We walk around the wall and come across this. The first time I seen it in person and it's gorgeous.

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG

I almost forgot to take a picture!!

IMG_7449.JPG

C's reaction. She still doesn't really know what to think and I believe it may be a few years before she rides it again.

IMG_7450.JPG

Songbird76

In Love Cat GIF

The menu in the restaurant was a bit different than what is online. I looked at the online menu for the appetizer and pizza ingredients so that I could post about it but neither was there. But that appetizer was bad. Or maybe that's what eggplant is really like. It was my first experience and I'll say my last.

Hey Katie!!

Then I better get to reporting :joyfull:
I wouldn't give up completely on eggplant. There are so many different ways to prepare it, and that one did NOT look appetizing. I have to say, my Iranian friends made kashke bademjan, and if you can get past the texture, it's ok when you put it on bread. I wouldn't eat it by itself, but it's decent as a spread. But Eggplant Parmesean is delicious....a completely different texture and everything. It has very little taste itself....kind of like zucchini. It's really what you DO with it that makes or breaks the dish. I wish I knew what it was that they served you....it looked awful!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Cracking up at your SSE "future life" pic.

One question - did you bring your "real" camera?
I didn't. I debated bringing it but I knew this trip we would be on the go a lot so I left her at home, I was also watching the weather and knew it was going to be mid and high nineties and knew I wouldn't want to carry it around. There were a few times that I wish I had brought it. I used my Iphone 13pro.

Thanks!
He wasn't quite on his game, got tired a lot and so didn't really search out the trading boards too much. He does still enjoy his pins very much though.
It almost felt like they are trying to phase out pin trading. I saw very few boards and the ones I saw all had very old and undesirable pins.

I’m in!

Also, Sims was 20 years ago?? That was a gut check!

Reba Mcentire Reaction GIF by CBS

I seem to have that same feeling at least once a week. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom