News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

GladToBeHear

I can offer a personal experience that directly contradicts your claim. When I was a child, long before I had any notion of what inclusivity was, I was beyond excited when Aladdin came out. The fact that the story and its characters represented the Middle East (however fantastically) meant a great deal to me as a kid of Middle Eastern heritage. And even now, despite all my awareness of the more problematic aspects of the film, I feel a special attachment to it.

If inclusivity doesn't matter to you, it may well be because the community to which you belong isn't lacking in representation.
So do you require representation in order to enjoy something?

trainplane3

But they included you know what in Peter Pan because of course they did. o_O🙃

Also, why did they keep the old Splash design?! (Unless they don't know what it will for sure look like...)
They also changed the word "rum" to "gold" in Pirates when Redd is yelling "it's the *gold* they want!".

It's still in concept phase and I doubt they'd let a Minecraft team have first dibs on it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My, my, my, Redd. What a nice chest you have thar.
Yep. So admittedly that very thought did cross my mind but I posted anyway to see if someone would respond with a similar line. Works for me. Sexist maybe but they be pirates. Any line is better than the insufferable and irresponsible advert for Rum, the way the scene currently plays. Gold is the ultimate pirate treasure. Can't have the redhead... I'll take the gold!

Last edited:

Trauma

I can offer a personal experience that directly contradicts your claim. When I was a child, long before I had any notion of what inclusivity was, I was beyond excited when Aladdin came out. The fact that the story and its characters represented the Middle East (however fantastically) meant a great deal to me as a kid of Middle Eastern heritage. And even now, despite all my awareness of the more problematic aspects of the film, I feel a special attachment to it.

If inclusivity doesn't matter to you, it may well be because the community to which you belong isn't lacking in representation.
I don’t understand this point.

Todays version of inclusivity would be akin to taking your middle eastern characters in Aladdin and making one of the lead roles white.

Don’t forget to also include background characters sexual proclivity for no apparent reason, but make sure it’s done in a way where it can be edited out for your Communist overlords in China.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom